December 11, 2018, 05:28:18 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 846504 times)

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2320 on: December 13, 2016, 10:58:42 AM »
These last couple of weeks have been spent going on field trips with my high schoolers (a super tight-knit boarding school), watching christmas movies (I hate christmas but I adore my kids), and the rest of my free time at work I get plenty of time to design tattoos for my friends, with two inked and counting this month.

After Christmas, I have 6 weeks of vacation,most of which will be spent gallivanting around South-east Asia with my wonderfully salty friends, searching for good food and good diving spots.

Life has me salivating ya'll. SALIVATING.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2321 on: December 13, 2016, 11:05:51 AM »
I can't wait for the McDonalds to be finished in my city. It's opening this month but the sign doesn't say when. All I want is to order 15,000won worth of hashbrowns for breakfast. Is that too much to ask for?

There's a new Burger King opening up within walking distance of me, and the same thing, a sign that says that it's opening up this month, but it doesn't give an exact date.

WHY?

Hashbrowns sound so good right now. When is it lunch again?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2322 on: December 13, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
I can't wait for the McDonalds to be finished in my city. It's opening this month but the sign doesn't say when. All I want is to order 15,000won worth of hashbrowns for breakfast. Is that too much to ask for?

Hahaha, my 3 friends and I were late in Itaewon once and went back to the one guy's condo. It was early enough to order McMorning so we each drunkenly put in 10 000W for hashbrows. We ended up with some stupid amount of hashbrowns and devoured them.

Good memories, thanks.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2323 on: December 13, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »

There's a new Burger King opening up within walking distance of me, and the same thing, a sign that says that it's opening up this month, but it doesn't give an exact date.

WHY?

Hashbrowns sound so good right now. When is it lunch again?

LOL! Maybe we're in the same city cuz we have a burger king opening up down the street too XD The burger king says December 23rd but the Mcdonalds has no actual day posted.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2324 on: December 13, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »

Hahaha, my 3 friends and I were late in Itaewon once and went back to the one guy's condo. It was early enough to order McMorning so we each drunkenly put in 10 000W for hashbrows. We ended up with some stupid amount of hashbrowns and devoured them.

Good memories, thanks.
Livin' the dream.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2325 on: December 13, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »
The cut-off time for delivery from McDonald's in my area used to be something like 9:45, but they extended it by I'm not sure how much, and I've already ordered McDonald's at 11 PM twice this month

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2326 on: December 13, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »
I'm fleshing out my fake vs real foods lesson a little bit to use next week and found a couple new fake foods to use. Problem is some of them don't have descriptions, like Funistrada; anyone want to help me come up with a description of it? lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:39:56 AM by moonbrie »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2327 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
The cut-off time for delivery from McDonald's in my area used to be something like 9:45, but they extended it by I'm not sure how much, and I've already ordered McDonald's at 11 PM twice this month

I came to this country for the damn mcdonalds delivery service and if I don't get it once then this has been all for nothing.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2328 on: December 13, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »

I came to this country for the damn mcdonalds delivery service and if I don't get it once then this has been all for nothing.

They have an English version of the delivery site! It's so easy!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:48:19 AM by moonbrie »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2329 on: December 13, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
Ever since CO2 taught me how to properly embed links I swear I've been doing it every other post

Not sure if he should be ashamed or proud  :laugh:

donovan

« Reply #2330 on: December 13, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
McDonald's hashbrowns and coffee are the best breakfast. Their coffee is really, really decent.

I'm with you, bro. Large 2000 won roast coffee with four creams e'ry morning.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2331 on: December 13, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »

They have an English version of the delivery site! It's so easy!

I tried to use it at an airbnb in seoul but I was outside of the delivery area. I threw a small hissy fit over that and then ordered chicken instead. At least yogiyo didn't abandon me :')

Offline itsalliecat

• Waygookin
« Reply #2332 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
So, a few mornings this past week my officemates have come in to find piles of almonds in their computer cabinets in their desks. They think it's rats, but where are all of these almonds coming from and why are rats supposedly hoarding handfuls of them by the computers? Weird...at least thanks to whoever's doing it, the office is getting a few deep cleanings for once. I hope this mystery rat is caught before I leave in Feb.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2333 on: December 13, 2016, 01:37:20 PM »
Just ordered a 24 pack of sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper from Gmarket.

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Ew. Unless it was Diet Dr. Pepper. Then... a little bit less ew. Maybe.

If sugar is literally poison, then what of aspartame?

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2334 on: December 13, 2016, 01:43:08 PM »
So, a few mornings this past week my officemates have come in to find piles of almonds in their computer cabinets in their desks. They think it's rats, but where are all of these almonds coming from and why are rats supposedly hoarding handfuls of them by the computers? Weird...at least thanks to whoever's doing it, the office is getting a few deep cleanings for once. I hope this mystery rat is caught before I leave in Feb.
So, for all of you who think that their school offices are disgraceful nests of filth, you know what to do! ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2335 on: December 13, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
So, for all of you who think that their school offices are disgraceful nests of filth, you know what to do! ;D

What a waste of almonds! Use a different nut!

Offline Dorwell

• Waygookin
« Reply #2336 on: December 13, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »
I used to have a Mcbreakfast every Friday morning, as a reward for getting through a week. I wake up relatively early, and had no problem in ordering it. But recently, they've had the "order later" thing come up. I presume it's because they have no drivers at the time?!

It's been months like this, even on a Saturday morning, the delivery service doesn't start till like 9.

Other times, it's taken hours to come. Surely, it can't be difficult to find delivery drivers?!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2337 on: December 13, 2016, 02:03:25 PM »
I'm actually really fond of the shrimp burgers. First had one at a McDonald's in Japan. Glad they're in Korea too. Been many a moon since I've been to a McD's though. I feel like I see more Burger Kings around than Mcdonald's where I go.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2338 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

What a waste of almonds! Use a different nut!

Paging Pecan. Paging Pecan.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

donovan

« Reply #2339 on: December 13, 2016, 02:42:34 PM »
Just ordered a 24 pack of sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper from Gmarket.

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Ew. Unless it was Diet Dr. Pepper. Then... a little bit less ew. Maybe.

If sugar is literally poison, then what of aspartame?

Aspartame is literally poison, too. But! It's obviously the lesser of two evils. Love me some Diet Coke.

I'm actually with you on sugar. But artificial sweeteners?

They're basically harmless.

'The Evidence Supports Artificial Sweeteners Over Sugar'
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

The available evidence points to the fact that there appears to be a correlation between sugar consumption and health problems; none can be detected with artificial sweeteners.