July 18, 2018, 04:49:40 AM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 731507 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2300 on: December 09, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »
I got a new tea from Coupang, and it's a black tea mixed with a little bit of cocoa and chili peppers.

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish black tea didn't consistently make me nauseous. And I wish I'd never heard of Coupang -- too tempting to blow my money on salt & vinegar chips and brown sugar poptarts. I'm resisting...so far.  :sad:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2301 on: December 09, 2016, 09:27:59 AM »
I got a new tea from Coupang, and it's a black tea mixed with a little bit of cocoa and chili peppers.

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish black tea didn't consistently make me nauseous. And I wish I'd never heard of Coupang -- too tempting to blow my money on salt & vinegar chips and brown sugar poptarts. I'm resisting...so far.  :sad:
I went on a huge spree last week and bought 4 new Good Earth teas, raspberry poptarts (first time ever!), some Gorilla Munch cereal and almond milk, jalepeno cheese puffs, and pie crusts for Christmas. I can easily see myself going back for more. >>

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2302 on: December 09, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »

1. that tea sounds awesome
2. HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BUY SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS?? I just had my girlfriend send me some and then nagged friends going home to bring me some back omg I could've been buying them online

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2303 on: December 09, 2016, 09:56:28 AM »
I think tonight is a makgeolli kind of night. It's been a long time.

Happy Friday!!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2304 on: December 09, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »
Sweet potato makgeolli is pretty good.

Also discovered I like KGB. Which is particularly funny to me as I've been watching Archer. Lol

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2305 on: December 09, 2016, 10:06:55 AM »
I've never seen sweet potato makgeolli... I wish I knew where I could buy it I would never drink anything else! haha

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2306 on: December 09, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

2. HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BUY SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS?? I just had my girlfriend send me some and then nagged friends going home to bring me some back omg I could've been buying them online

I suppose she decided to solve the mystery for you all. :) I would kill for salt and vinegar chips. Can anyone tell me if they have BBQ flavored pork rinds (chicharrones) on there?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2307 on: December 09, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
wait what was the mystery?

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2308 on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »
wait what was the mystery?

They were discussing whether or not you were a man or a woman. Something about percentages...

I couldn't find the BBQ pork rinds, btw. :/

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2309 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:46 AM »
I know haha I was very amused by it. I don't see how saying I have a girlfriend reveals my gender though

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2310 on: December 09, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

Yeah I've also been nagging my boyfriend to send some. With the Korean obsession of sugaring EVERYTHING, I know there's absolutely no chance for something like S&V to break into stores. Coupang even has the Kettle brand (among the best kind).

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2311 on: December 09, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
I know haha I was very amused by it. I don't see how saying I have a girlfriend reveals my gender though

thank you

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2312 on: December 09, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »
There wasn't really any mystery to me because when you say (paraphrased), "She's not my girlfriend but I can see why people might think so because we both swing that way," it pretty much tells me you're a woman or, at least, identify as one. xD

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2313 on: December 09, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »
I don't, but yeah, the heteronormativity is strong when I can reference "swinging that way" and people think I might have a dick because I mention lube  :rolleyes:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2314 on: December 09, 2016, 11:44:27 AM »
also has waygook stopped censoring profanity? today I wrote two posts one of which had shit and just now one with dick and neither have been censored

edit: wow!! looks like it is gone!! I kind of miss it though, kind of reminded me of when my brother would get belligerent and I would slap my hand over his mouth to stop him from upsetting my dad

let's test some more....

cock
damn
ass
 :evil: :evil: :evil:

on second thought, is **** the only one that was ever blocked?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:47:46 AM by moonbrie »

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2315 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »
**** and **** I think!

Edit: Y'all know what they are...

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 신의 모드 아재: 후레쉬~!
« Reply #2316 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
also has waygook stopped censoring profanity? today I wrote two posts one of which had shit and just now one with dick and neither have been censored

edit: wow!! looks like it is gone!! I kind of miss it though, kind of reminded me of when my brother would get belligerent and I would slap my hand over his mouth to stop him from upsetting my dad

let's test some more....

cock
damn
ass
 :evil: :evil: :evil:

on second thought, is **** the only one that was ever blocked?

No, not just ****.

****, ****, ****, and **** have always been blocked as well. There might be a few more I'm omitting.

I thought cock got blocked, too~

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2317 on: December 09, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »
I don't, but yeah, the heteronormativity is strong when I can reference "swinging that way" and people think I might have a dick because I mention lube  :rolleyes:

Lube knows no sex. Wait.............

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2318 on: December 09, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »
are you guys ****** with me or are there other swear words I can't remember? haha

piss? hell? ****?

are the other ones that are censored slurs? maybe that's why. I consider slurs different from swears.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:59:29 AM by moonbrie »

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2319 on: December 09, 2016, 11:58:08 AM »

I buy them on iHerb.com