November 19, 2018, 03:27:48 AM

Author Topic: There's a hanguk.org in your country. What do the Korean ex-pats complain about?  (Read 18578 times)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
I would imagine they would talk about how salty and greasy our food is. When I first got here, I thought the food was tasteless, and whenever I eat real American food it's like a salt lick.

Offline Maclean

• Veteran
I'Discrimination in Canada'

You mean the "no straight white males need apply" thing.

Can't saee why they'd complain about that.

Offline militantfrogwhisperer

• Newgookin
Why don't the gyms have the vibrating belt machines? How am I supposed to get a great workout while looking at my phone?

I'm a 30 year old woman and my boyfriend of six months hasn't proposed yet. Does he love me enough? Probably not because he isn't jealous enough. He doesn't stop me from hanging out with other guys and he doesn't get jealous of my male co-workers. He must not love me enough.

Offline Maclean

• Veteran
I was driving my autobike along the sidewalk and people were scolding me and pointing to the road. So rude.

People here don't slam their doors. How do they keep ghosts away from their homes?

People here cover their mouths when they cough and sneeze.  Why don't they share? So selfish.

I was eating my food 'deliciously' in a restaurant and a person came in, looked at me with a look of disgust and walked out. So racist against the Korean.

People don't know their blood type. How can they choose their friends and employees?

No-one here has heard of Dokdo, K-pop or Jejudo.  The schools here must be of a very poor quality. I will tell them about these things. "Do you know____?"

I had my car towed and impounded. It was only parked on the crosswalk for eight hours. Why do they police here enforce the law. It's so confusing.

There are no foul smells here. Do Canadians not have sewer systems yet? So primitive.

I was smoking under a 'no smoking' sign and spitting after each inhale and someone (younger than me) told me to stop it. They have no respect for age here.

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
Someone was doing this "wiping" thing with a towel after he had finished using a bench in the gym. How strange.

The old ladies here face forward on the treadmills and not back

Some thug honked his horn at me and swore when I was driving at night without my headlights on. Insane considering from the youthful pitch of his voice I clearly had more grey hairs than him.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
I tailgated 5 centimeters behind someone on the highway for 50 kilometers because I was very busy and had somewhere very important to go, then I honked and flashed my lights at him because he wasn't driving fast enough. He got out of his car and yelled at me while shaking his fist! Westerners are really scary and dangerous!

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
"I was at a cafe drinking an overpriced coffee.  I went to go use the bathroom and I left my purse at the table.  When I came back my purse was gone.  I panicked and started crying.  I went outside distraught.  Suddenly, a man walked up to me.  A soda can with some holes poked in it and a small ziplock bag with something yellowish white in said ziplock bag fell out of his pocket.  He had a purse just like mine and offered to sell it to me for 50 cents and two cigarettes.  I paid the price and have a bag.  Replacing the contents of my old purse will be difficult.  I hate the crime that goes on here.   :cry:"

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
The whole point of this thread was to self reflect and make fun of YOUR OWN country, hahaha. Whatever, when you post something online it is out of your hands at that point.  :police:

Yesssss exactly.

baha some people can't help themselves.

If they were in England they'd probably complain that everyone apologises for breathing pretty much.

ALSO paying for water and side dishes at a restaurant has to suck for them.

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
The whole point of this thread was to self reflect and make fun of YOUR OWN country, hahaha. Whatever, when you post something online it is out of your hands at that point.  :police:

Yesssss exactly.

baha some people can't help themselves.

If they were in England they'd probably complain that everyone apologises for breathing pretty much.

Wait what? Where would you have to pay for water at a restaurant?

YAAAAHH. Unless you specifically say "tap water" they'll bring out a fancy bottle and charge you a fortune.

Offline Maclean

• Veteran

I'd happily pay for side dishes knowing that they haven't been picked over time and again by previous customers using chopsticks that have been in their mouths. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer that my food not have other peoples' spittle mixed in it.

Your not getting free side dishes. You're getting what the previous customer didn't eat.

Why would you pay for that?

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran

I'd happily pay for side dishes knowing that they haven't been picked over time and again by previous customers using chopsticks that have been in their mouths. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer that my food not have other peoples' spittle mixed in it.

Your not getting free side dishes. You're getting what the previous customer didn't eat.

Why would you pay for that?

Lol okay.

I was just talking about what they would hate about our countries....like if they're used to not paying then it'd suck to suddenly be like "oh you want kimchi?" That'll be X amount please....

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
 I keep having problems at my work. They keep asking me to change things and seem to be always checking my work. I just finished uni and just started this job but they should have more faith in me.

They keep comparing me to Camden, the old employee. Camden did this, Camden did that. I am not Camden!
Why do they want me to do things their way? Such favoritism to others who have been there and have more experience!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:14:58 PM by MaximusPrime »

Online JNM

• The Legend
"I was at a cafe drinking an overpriced coffee.  I went to go use the bathroom and I left my purse at the table.  When I came back my purse was gone.  I panicked and started crying.  I went outside distraught. ... "

A friend of mine was an engineering manager for a Korean construction company.

Every time he sent someone to a foreign site, he would get a call about a lost wallet and cell phone.  Same story every time... " I left them on the bar, and went to the loo..."

Offline Maclean

• Veteran
I was at a wedding last week and the guests sat in silence. Were they bored? Why did they show up then? Why didn't they phone their friends. And there were no balloons, vaporized ice or dancing girls. Don't they have any wedding traditions? And where was the next wedding party? Shouldn't they and their guests be noisily pushing into the hall by now. Our service is almost over. Where could they be?

Offline Maclean

• Veteran
"I was at a cafe drinking an overpriced coffee.  I went to go use the bathroom and I left my purse at the table.  When I came back my purse was gone.  I panicked and started crying.  I went outside distraught. ... "

A friend of mine was an engineering manager for a Korean construction company.

Every time he sent someone to a foreign site, he would get a call about a lost wallet and cell phone.  Same story every time... " I left them on the bar, and went to the loo..."

I give that story five Pinocchios.

Offline zedsonata

• Adventurer
I showed one of my coteacher this thread.

He is old but lived in Canada and my home country of Australia for a few years.

He thought it was really funny and has one to add.

I needed to have a smoke, so I went to the toilet out of everyone's way and then suddenly a police officer actually stopped me from smoking! Then some other guy from some other government department came and issued me with a $1000 fine! All for just smoking in the toilet.

donovan

앗! 더워!
앗! 춥다!
앗! 힘들어!

스트레스!!

:afro:

donovan

I showed one of my coteacher this thread.

He is old but lived in Canada and my home country of Australia for a few years.

He thought it was really funny and has one to add.

I needed to have a smoke, so I went to the toilet out of everyone's way and then suddenly a police officer actually stopped me from smoking! Then some other guy from some other government department came and issued me with a $1000 fine! All for just smoking in the toilet.

Real story? classic ;D

Offline Maclean

• Veteran
Glad to hear it. Last year I was on a Korean Air flight (non-smoking) and the ajoshie across the aisle came back from the bathroom stinking of smoke. No penalty. They think they can do whatever they want without consequence. When they travel to the West they realize that others take rules seriously. It must come as a shock to some.

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
I decided to park my car on a zebra crossing while kids were walking to school. As I spat across the street after a final toke from my camel blue (can't get slender smokes here, damnit) someone decided to confront me. I was shocked, scared and felt most unease. I kept asking this intimidating stranger to wait a few minutes ignoring his demands to move my car. I tried to explain that my saviour Choi De-Mar-Tino would come and resolve the situation. He never came.