September 22, 2018, 01:43:12 PM

Author Topic: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic  (Read 25745 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »
Lifehack 18.

When shopping for groceries, don't take a basket or cart. If your hands and arms are too full to carry more, you have enough food and you can go to the checkout. This will save you money and reduce the amount of unused food that goes to waste.

In addition, do what I did in college (and sometimes do here) - carry all that food home in your backpack, walking for 10-30 minutes. It's too heavy? You bought too much food (or shoulda ordered all that heavy water/whatever online).

I still need to get set up with Homeplus or Emart or whatever for online orders...I have a Mac at home though, so no ActiveX for me. Coupang and Gmarket have been great though.

Before I had a car, I could only buy what I could carry.

I almost never got soda, canned stuff, or watermelon.

Watermelon is a very #based lifehack food, though, because you can get at least five or six meals out of one melon. That's efficient.

donovan

« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »
Lifehack 18.

When shopping for groceries, don't take a basket or cart. If your hands and arms are too full to carry more, you have enough food and you can go to the checkout. This will save you money and reduce the amount of unused food that goes to waste.

In addition, do what I did in college (and sometimes do here) - carry all that food home in your backpack, walking for 10-30 minutes. It's too heavy? You bought too much food (or shoulda ordered all that heavy water/whatever online).

I still need to get set up with Homeplus or Emart or whatever for online orders...I have a Mac at home though, so no ActiveX for me. Coupang and Gmarket have been great though.

Before I had a car, I could only buy what I could carry.

I almost never got soda, canned stuff, or watermelon.

Watermelon is a very #based lifehack food, though, because you can get at least five or six meals out of one melon. That's efficient.

watermelon as meal???

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:05:57 AM by donovan »

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
Lifehack 19.

If you see a brown spot on a banana, it's totally safe to eat. You don't have to worry about the banana.

Obviously if it's literally rotten, don't eat it. That's Lifehack 19b.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »
Next time you have a party, make everyone swallow little plastic discs with different numbers on them, making sure to keep a record. If anyone vomits, you'll know who it was

donovan

« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »
Lifehack 19.

If you see a brown spot on a banana, it's totally safe to eat. You don't have to worry about the banana.

Obviously if it's literally rotten, don't eat it. That's Lifehack 19b.

I ate some fridge-desiccated blueberries with my muesli today, and I'm fine!

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2017, 09:16:21 AM »
basedcowboyshirt - i've seen you post some really good tips on using credit cards and online shopping, but this thread is weird man. it sounds and looks like you're trying realllllly hard to be #random and #quirky and #based.

and if you reply, miss me with your typical "waygook.org website user apancoe" ...  because that's another example of what i'm talking about.

am i the only one that thinks this?
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2017, 10:00:46 AM »
basedcowboyshirt - i've seen you post some really good tips on using credit cards and online shopping, but this thread is weird man. it sounds and looks like you're trying realllllly hard to be #random and #quirky and #based.

and if you reply, miss me with your typical "waygook.org website user apancoe" ...  because that's another example of what i'm talking about.

am i the only one that thinks this?

Answer: No, a lot of them are just common sense. Oglop's on the other hand... But, he did start the thread, and continually posts on it, so let'm roll.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2017, 10:33:56 AM »
Men: examine your own prostate by simply wiping your arse with the toilet paper found in your school's bathroom

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »
Lifehack 20.

If you step in gum, or somehow get gum on your shoe, you can use some regular vegetable oil (canola, soy bean, whatever - but don't waste your extra virgin olive oil) to remove it. Just kind of rub the oil on it and the gum will dissolve or fall off. Any oil based lubricant like WD-40 or something will work, too. But don't get oil on any fabric parts because it will literally stain your shoes or clothes.

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:38 PM »
Here's another lifehack! Because it's Thursday.

Lifehack 21.

If you have lettuce that's a little bit wilted, don't throw it out. Put the open end of the stalks in some cold water and put it in the fridge for a little while and your lettuce will perk up and regain some of its crispiness.

Then you can put it in your food.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
Seen on FB today...

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2017, 11:41:40 AM »
Seen on FB today...

This is literally the best.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2017, 12:13:45 PM »
Lifehack 20.

If you step in gum, or somehow get gum on your shoe, you can use some regular vegetable oil (canola, soy bean, whatever - but don't waste your extra virgin olive oil) to remove it. Just kind of rub the oil on it and the gum will dissolve or fall off. Any oil based lubricant like WD-40 or something will work, too. But don't get oil on any fabric parts because it will literally stain your shoes or clothes.

Gum on clothes: Put them in the freezer for a couple of hours and then break it off.

Oil residue on clothes: Before you wash them and when they are dry, put a fine powder (like baby powder) on them to soak up the oil before a wash.

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »

Gum on clothes: Put them in the freezer for a couple of hours and then break it off.

Oil residue on clothes: Before you wash them and when they are dry, put a fine powder (like baby powder) on them to soak up the oil before a wash.

I've found that hand washing with dish soap is great for getting oil stains out as long as you don't let it sit for too long.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
I don't think anyone's done this one-

Leftover pizza in the fridge? Don't microwave. Take some pizza cheese and sprinkle it on top, then pop it into your toaster oven on 180o. 7-9 minutes later and you've got delicious, gooey, crispy pizza!

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2017, 01:24:55 PM »

I've found that hand washing with dish soap is great for getting oil stains out as long as you don't let it sit for too long.

That is true. That does work part of the time for me. Before I've washed I usually do the powder, then wash by hand, and then do a dish soap (straight, not watered down) soak for a little while with a little scrub, and then wash it normally. I think the trick is for either way is not washing and drying it before you do the dirty work. Once it has been washed and dried it is usually set. Although, I have still had success with the powder for things that have been washed and dried multiple times, and it still got the oil out. I am one of those people that can't eat without dropping something on my pants... I am not sure about getting stuff out of really delicate material though.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »
When making Kool-Aid, double the mix and double the sugar.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »

Calling Alice Cooper/Basedcowboy

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »

Let me fix that for you to suit the thread:

When making Kool-Aid, double the mix, sugar, and water, and have double the Kool-Aid. Then you only have to spend half the time making Kool-Aid! :afro:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2017, 09:46:40 PM »
Potential astronauts: if contemplating a future moon-landing, increase your chance of success by travelling there when the moon is full