June 20, 2018, 11:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Cryptocurrency  (Read 37836 times)

Offline JohnD

• Adventurer
Re: Cryptocurrency
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
Not Coinbase, but coinnest.

It seems like coinnest requires me to install a software for their identification process.

Offline raysmith

• Super Waygook
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
Extract from article today.  Link to full article at the bottom of this post.

"Warren Buffett plans for the future … and it doesn't involve bitcoin.

Famous billionaire investor Warren Buffett has told the world he would never invest in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

"We'll never have a position in them," Mr Buffett, 87, said in an interview with CNBC.

"I can say almost with certainty that cryptocurrencies will come to a bad end.""

This is not a recommendation to buy, sell, hold or do anything whatsoever with bitcoin or cryptocurrencies.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/warren-buffett-plans-for-the-future...and-it-doesn27t-involve-b/9319810

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »

Famous billionaire investor Warren Buffett has told the world he would never invest in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

"We'll never have a position in them," Mr Buffett, 87, said in an interview with CNBC.

"I can say almost with certainty that cryptocurrencies will come to a bad end.""

This is not a recommendation to buy, sell, hold or do anything whatsoever with bitcoin or cryptocurrencies.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/warren-buffett-plans-for-the-future...and-it-doesn27t-involve-b/9319810

Crypto-currencies are here to stay me thinks, for better or worse. I don't have any, but wish I could get in on the arbitrage right now. I think alot of the older folks don't seem to realize the potential and usefulness of a crypto-currency. It's a bit like saying oil/coal is here to stay forget solar/wind/etc.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »
Leave the forum. People are here to get advice about Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. We don't want naysayers like you.

Let's not fight, guys and gals. Enjoy this light hearted innocuous Kpop music to brighten the mood and relieve the stress and tension:

8) :afro:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:33 AM »

Crypto-currencies are here to stay me thinks, for better or worse. I don't have any, but wish I could get in on the arbitrage right now. I think alot of the older folks don't seem to realize the potential and usefulness of a crypto-currency. It's a bit like saying oil/coal is here to stay forget solar/wind/etc.

By that do you mean “correct”?

Unless you include nuclear in “etc”, wind and solar just don’t have the theoretical capacity to replace fossils, much less actual real-world performance.

Online Snoah

• Veteran
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »
https://www.rt.com/news/415546-south-korea-cryptocurrency-trade-ban/

Not an investor in crypto but I wonder what impact this will have. Not looking good IMHO.

Offline kapusta

• Veteran
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »
I don't expect Warren Buffet to grasp cryptocurrency. It's a new paradigm and it's not his world. I think I've heard him admit just that in an interview somewhere before.

I do think it's good to listen to other (especially smart people's) perspectives with an open mind, however. I don't disagree with the last quote. I agree that a lot of people (I have my own opinions on which people) will get burned pretty badly at some point.

Bitcoin will never 'end' though. I mean, the price could drop to about zero, but as long as two + people run a node, the network will always exist.

Offline kapusta

• Veteran
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2018, 01:32:24 PM »

Not an investor in crypto but I wonder what impact this will have. Not looking good IMHO.

These kind of stories come and go all the time. At the moment, it's just spreading FUD though.

If it did actually happen, I would argue that the crypto space would be healthier without Korea for a bit (a ban couldn't last forever). The waves of sheer frenzy that pop up here in my opinion make crypto less stable. And it is almost completely gambling rather than investing here. I mean, Bitcoin Gold, the other garbage projects to remain nameless that the markets here pump money into with no care or understanding for how bad the project is. That does happen everywhere. But I think it's a lot worse here, where as a rule people blindly pile-on to the trend without question.

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2018, 04:03:16 PM »
so should we move everything off korbit and bithumb to binance then or will this all lead to nothing happening? 

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=100&oid=052&aid=0001104792

Something like...

From the Korean presidential administration: Shutting down exchanges is not a position of the govt. The presidential administration is not in the position of banning exchanges which was stated by the department of justice, which is one department out of many in the government. While we understand the risks of speculation as described by the department of justice, we also will take into consideration the innovation of blockchain technology when deciding regulatory practices for blockchain. We will make sure that regulation occurs in a manner which is best suited for the country.

sounds like they created FUD on purpose to line their own pockets with cheap coins

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2018, 05:10:37 PM »

By that do you mean “correct”?

Unless you include nuclear in “etc”, wind and solar just don’t have the theoretical capacity to replace fossils, much less actual real-world performance.

Two different arguments crypto vs renewable energy. But for both I never said they would replace the current mainstays, fiat money and fossil fuels.  Although a few countries are 90-100% renewable energy. No country has changed its official monetary system to crypto.

Offline JohnD

• Adventurer
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »
What's with the new korbit deposit and withdraw thingy? they sent a message saying that I have to withdraw to a bank that is partnered with them? Does anyone know which bank?

Online Renma

• Waygookin
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »
What's with the new korbit deposit and withdraw thingy? they sent a message saying that I have to withdraw to a bank that is partnered with them? Does anyone know which bank?

It's upcoming. They'll let us know.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2018, 06:03:53 PM »

It's upcoming. They'll let us know.
Sounds like implementing the capital controls laws.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2018, 04:06:21 PM »
just got this message on korbit:

"As previously announced, in order to comply with the identification and anti-money laundering regulations being enforced by the government, the current KRW deposit method will be terminated by the end of January 2018.

To use the new KRW deposit method, which is slated to be implemented within this month, you must have a Shinhan Bank account registered under your legal name. Please use this time to create a banking account at Shinhan Bank. We will follow up with further instructions on how to input the new KRW withdrawal account information on Korbit.

While it is possible to create an account via Shinhan’s Sunny Bank mobile app, your banking withdrawal limit may be restricted by Shinhan. We recommend that you visit a nearby Shinhan Bank location to create a banking account in person.

If you have already registered a Shinhan Bank account as the KRW withdrawal account on Korbit, you do not need to create or register a new account.

Please refer to the following for a summary:

If you already registered a Shinhan account as a KRW withdrawal account: Please update your latest personal information (i.e. mobile phone number) at Shinhan Bank.

If you already possess a Shinhan account but use a different bank for KRW withdrawals: Please update your latest personal information (i.e. mobile phone number) at Shinhan Bank.

If you do not possess a Shinhan account: Please create an account at Shinhan Bank.

Please note, however, that non-Korean nationals, both resident and non-resident, will not be allowed to deposit KRW at any domestic cryptocurrency exchanges when the new KRW deposit method is implemented. We will explain further via a separate message.

We will update you once again on the exact starting date of the new KRW deposit method and instruct you on how to securely register your new Shinhan Bank account information on Korbit.

Thank you."

sigh.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2018, 11:38:02 AM »
yeah, i use binance, but it's a ballache not being able to withdraw/deposit fiat in korea

also, can't take advantage of the 김프 ;)

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
yeah, i use binance, but it's a ballache not being able to withdraw/deposit fiat in korea

also, can't take advantage of the 김프 ;)

Yeah there has got to be some work around to deposit withdrawal from anywhere. I  am stuck in residency limbo and can't get verified to link a bank. Right now I buy from people I know and I'll have to withdraw the same way. Sucks! But I want in...

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »
So after about 7 failed attempts to open an account to get into crypto currency exchange I finally got one up and running on binance. So far it's been good. Lots of alt currencies available and fast service.

If you are interested in opening an account use this link [REMOVED] It is my referral code and I'll get 20% commission from you trades. Send me a message on here with your deposit info and I'll split it with you. I figure it's an easy way for us both to benefit.

I did have to buy my crypto currency from a friend and have them send it to me but you may be able to link your bank account with no issues (my usa drivers license expired).

Even if you don't use my link post some info on your alt coin picks.

Do not post referral codes, thanks.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:34:16 AM by gagevt »

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2018, 03:03:44 PM »

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2018, 04:49:18 PM »
ICX is set to blow through the roof.

Is it? It's probably already overvalued. Billions yet not an established company. Speculation pumped up the price.

From what I've heard and read yes. Supposedly being opened to Korean exchanges on the 24th this month. Pure nationalism will drive it to $25. But I could be wrong time will tell. I'm actually just having fun trading and watching the market.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:51:56 PM by thunderlips »

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/