December 18, 2018, 04:26:47 AM

Author Topic: (YBM) Grade 5, Lesson 10 - "She is Wearing a Red Cap"  (Read 13224 times)

Offline tkhalilstar34

• Adventurer
Re: (YBM) Grade 5, Lesson 10 - "She is Wearing a Red Cap"
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
This is the lesson plan, power point, and worksheet for Period 5. I start the class with a warm up game call Soul Train. Ss have to say the target dialogue. Once they complete it, they dance down the soul train line. If you don't know Soul Train. The class has to line up into two lines facing each other. The two people in the front dance to the back of the line.

My worksheet is the Daddy Long-Leg story. The students have the option of  two stories where they can change what the person is wearing.
Follow Me on Instagram: Artzystarchild

Offline kaerunouta

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
I modified the Lady Gaga ppt and I made a reading comprehension worksheet relating to language of the lesson.  They really love to draw...their creations were quite amazing.

Offline GLightTeacha

• Waygookin
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
This is the lesson I did my open class in with low level students. I got the template for The Avengers game off of here, & it's awesome! Enjoy!

Offline ayankeebell

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
I've attached a colors/clothing bingo game. The document has 22 unique bingo cards, but if you need more for your class, it's easy to copy, paste, and change around a few. I want to be able to reuse the boards next year, so I'm not going to let my kids write on them. Instead, I cut out a ton of little pieces of paper to use as counters.

I've also attached a clapping game for this chapter. I edited it from one I got on this site, so thanks to the original creator!

Offline buffalogal

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »
I did a running dictation at the beginning of the chapter and they loved it!

I also attached the test I gave for the chapter.

Offline tkhalilstar34

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
This is an updated version for period 1.
This lesson is target towards teaching facial descriptions. It incorporates listening and Speaking. The next day I will introduce clothes.

For this class, I have the actual Guess Who game. However, you can print the version from the ppt.

The ppt is divided into sections:
1. Section 1- The various facial features ( skin, eyes, hair, accesories)
2. Describe them - Point to a different avatar and have the students describe their features
3. Stand Up & Sit Down - The teacher will describe the person on the screen. If the description is true, the students sit down, false, they stand up.
4. Guess Who - This is a workable ppt game. Instead of having someone guess who it is by asking questions. Simple describe the person.
    Ex: It's a boy. (Click all the girls)
          She has long hair. (Click everyone with short hair)
5. Let students play as a team. Print the last two slides for each individual students. One will be the game piece and the other will help them describe it. FYI: Printing in color is vital.
Follow Me on Instagram: Artzystarchild

Offline friendofcletus

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »
Here is an activity that accompanies part 3 of the lesson. Specifically the 'Read More' section (page 127 in my book). Its a cloze exercise, and I have made a ppt to demo for the kids. Hope it helps. 

Offline xmoonchildx

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 02:58:10 PM »
Hello! I modified some existing PPts to use for period 3 of this lesson. I ended up skipping the first 3 slides of the intro. PPT after the first go around of this lesson, because the PPT took too long to go through.

I only got to the extended Meet the world PPT with clothes from around the world with one of my classes (the highest level one, they usually go through everything faster;). Everything took too long with my other classes. Thanks to the original posters for the PPTs!

Offline buffalogal

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 02:46:53 PM »
Here is a reading and around the world activity for part 3.

Each student will get a black and white drawing of a person from around the world (6 countries). They have to read the sentences and color the picture. After, the students will present their people and the class will guess which country they are from.

Offline hg

• Newgookin
Re: Grade 5 Lesson 10 She is wearing a red cap. - YBM
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 07:51:29 AM »
A ppt for the intro of the lesson.

[mod edit - deleted duplicate attachment]