January 17, 2018, 04:57:25 AM

Author Topic: I am wondering what brand of TV you have in your home  (Read 403 times)

Offline a992365

• Newgookin
I am wondering what brand of TV you have in your home
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:52:40 PM »
I am wondering what brand of TV you have in your home.
also Why did you buy one you were using?
korean media often say that korea TV products are sold in the world.
Really I wonder world people are using it. 
if you have a few minutes, please answer that. thank you~ 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:49:31 AM by a992365 »

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
Re: I wonder what have a TV's Brand of your house.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 05:47:28 AM »
hi there,

i have a toshiba TV at home. no real reason for why toshiba - just mostly that it was on sale. samsung TVs are quite inexpensive here in canada. however, if money was no object then i would buy a sony OLED 4K TV over anything else.

a more accurate way to ask your question would be "I am wondering what brand of TV you have in your home."
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:10:01 AM »
Before I left Canada (2014), I had a series of tube-type TVs as my relatives replaced them with flat screens. I didn't watch much TV, so I never saw the reason to spend money on them. The last one was a Panasonic, I think.  Computer monitors were HP and Samsung (also a hand-me-down). It's good to have relatives that are early adopters.

Here in Korea, my first apartment had an LG, and my second no TV (used computer monitor in living room sometimes). Last month I moved into a new place and bought a 4K Zenos TV at Costco.  It is made in China, has an LG panel, and the power supply is 110-240 V, 50-60 Hz, so I can take it with me.  It was not that expensive either.

Offline theman3285

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »
Korean products are extremely popular all over the world, my country (South Africa) included. Just before I left for Korea I had a Samsung TV, LG computer monitor, and LG washing machine. My car was a VW though ;D

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 08:04:35 AM »
Some more stellar reporting from our friends at Korea Times/Herald/Joongang Chilbo!  Keep up the high standards!
The only Korean product I would buy in my home country is a car. Everything else is overpriced.
Kor Share at jcink

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »
My household usually went with Sony or Panasonic.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:57:48 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline a992365

• Newgookin
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
hi there,

i have a toshiba TV at home. no real reason for why toshiba - just mostly that it was on sale. samsung TVs are quite inexpensive here in canada. however, if money was no object then i would buy a sony OLED 4K TV over anything else.

a more accurate way to ask your question would be "I am wondering what brand of TV you have in your home."

Thanks. I modified it.
You are a thoughtful person.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
Re: I am wondering what brand of TV you have in your home
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 10:05:10 AM »
A computer monitor and various means of accessing content.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
Korean products sold in the US are great for their price.

Korean products sold in South Korea are OVERPRICED GARBAGE. There's a reason Koreans will import Korean products from the US, even with the shipping fees they save money and get a better product.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 10:30:48 AM »
I have an LG tv.

Buying some appliances and electronics in Korea can be a bit of a pain, as there is so little choice. When we were shopping for a TV 95% of the available models were either LG or Samsung. Maybe 1 or 2 budget Chinese brands I'd never heard of. The tv we got is fine, though more expensive then it needed to be.
Samsung and LG both make pretty good products. As far as screens go, they are the best around, at least at the regular consumer level. But it would be nice if the market opened up a little to allow some competition.

The last TV I had in my home country was a Sony. My parents had a Samsung last time I visited.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 11:16:33 AM »
Always had Sony TVs.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapan
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »
27" BenQ monitor from Yongsan market. 120 000₩. I got it hooked up to my laptop and PS4. Got a sweet sound system too because monitor speakers are shit, obviously. I look at 40 inch TVs here and they're so damn pricy. My screen is good enough.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 08:52:18 AM »
I have a 42" Some that starts with an X? made by Panasonic maybe?, a 38"Samsung, 21" LG monitor, and another 32"? LG?. Honestly, There is no real reason as to why we have whichever brand. One was won in a contest, one was bought with a desktop computer, one was bought, and one was given to me when a friend moved back stateside. I find that I like the first one I mentioned because it is from the states and the only language is English. For some reason I find it the most comfortable to use.

As the others users mentioned, Korean products are great when bought back home, especially when they're running deals. I heard this past black Friday (also available for online orders) some places were selling the Samsung 4k Smart TVs for around 3 hundred something.  :shocked: