January 21, 2018, 02:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Why is Korea so stressful?  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
Re: Why is Korea so stressful?
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:15 PM »
If you can not stand the heat get then get out of the kitchen.

I do believe the correct phrase is: if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Can't you even get that right?

It's more of a case of leaving a shinking ship, Mr Kim.

It seems your fellow Koreans are doing the same, or, should I say, would like to.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20171210000292
"sensational" K-pop music, "cutting edge" cars--why do so many news stories about Korea read like ad copy?

The pop is sensational. I mean really really sensational. A 10. Cars are the best. The best. No one does cars like Korea. You'll be amazed. No sinking no sinking. YOU'RE SINKING!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2018, 08:07:24 PM »
If you can not stand the heat get then get out of the kitchen.

I do believe the correct phrase is: if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Can't you even get that right?

It's more of a case of leaving a shinking ship, Mr Kim.

It seems your fellow Koreans are doing the same, or, should I say, would like to.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20171210000292
"sensational" K-pop music, "cutting edge" cars--why do so many news stories about Korea read like ad copy?

The pop is sensational. I mean really really sensational. A 10. Cars are the best. The best. No one does cars like Korea. You'll be amazed. No sinking no sinking. YOU'RE SINKING!
I hope you're not on a ferry.

Offline leaponover

• Veteran
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »
Do a survey. You think Westerners come here by choice? 95% of the ones you meet now (not in the past) are here for 1 thing only, financial gain. If they were given a choice to live somewhere else with the same or better financial gain/security, they would in a heartbeat. Ask Koreans about an opportunity to live in another country..........yes, they would, in a heartbeat (most). There is youtube video with someone asking strangers this question.

There is a big difference with a Westerner in their 20's vs. 30's. What do you think MOST Westerners in their 30's would say about Korea............it sucks for them, in many ways.

Imagine the comfort one gets living in a house with a second floor, a separate kitchen, and backyard. Try living in an apartment for too long, it sucks,plain and simple.......saying things can always be worse does NOT mean the current situation isn't desirable, for a Westerner.

LMAO!  40 year old here who moved to Korea because I knew I would never afford a house in the states.  I kind of wish the OP had elaborated on their post.  Why is Korea so stressful for me?  Why is Korea so stressful for Koreans...or maybe I don't wish they elaborated.