January 21, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

Author Topic: Ky. lawmaker accused of assault dies in apparent suicide  (Read 745 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Ky. lawmaker accused of assault dies in apparent suicide
« on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »
Dan Johnson, a Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky who defiantly denied allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home, died in an apparent suicide Wednesday night, the county coroner said. He was 57.

Bullitt County Coroner Dave Billings said Johnson died of a single gunshot wound on Greenwell Ford Road in Mount Washington, Kentucky. Billings said Johnson stopped his car at the end of a bridge in a secluded area, then got out and walked to the front of the car. He said an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning.

"I would say it is probably suicide," he said.

Johnson was elected to the state legislature in 2016, part of a wave of Republican victories that gave the GOP control of the Kentucky House of Representatives for the first time in nearly 100 years. He won his election despite Republican leaders urging him to drop out of the race after local media reported on some of his Facebook posts comparing Barack and Michelle Obama to monkeys.

The pastor of Heart of Fire church in Louisville, Johnson sponsored a number of bills having to do with religious liberty and teaching the Bible in public schools. But he was mostly out of the spotlight until Monday, when the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an account from a woman saying Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his home in 2013.

At the time, the woman told police about the incident, who investigated but closed the case and did not file charges.

I posted this because of gray's comments on voters who are concerned about one issue and one issue alone--abortion. Yet those, such as Johnson, who are keeping abortion front and center, are too often less than worthy shepherds of their congregations.

It's a real pity that those who could do good choose to do the opposite.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
Re: Ky. lawmaker accused of assault dies in apparent suicide
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
You mean that you didnít post this to revel in the sucide of this republican?
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 04:26:36 PM »
No I didn't. Golly, what you must think of me.

BTW, how did you get revel right and then misspell suicide? :rolleyes:

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:37:37 PM »

Omg you did .   You twisted .......

Usin the iPhone I'm just surprised that you knew that sucide was suicide. 
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »

Yes, he was a lovely guy:
In 1991, Johnson was involved in international missions through the Living Waters Church in Pasadena, California. During trips to Venezuela and Colombia, Johnson said he had performed miracles, including raising a woman from the dead.

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting (KCIR) reported and debunked several claims made by Johnson about his life and ministry, including that he helped set up "safe zones" to protect people from the 1992 Los Angeles riots, that he served as White House Chaplain (a non-existent position) to Presidents George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, and that he had been an ambassador to the United Nations. While Johnson received workers' compensation benefits from the state of New York, KCIR found no credible evidence of Johnson's claims that that he set up an impromptu morgue near Ground Zero in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks and administered last rites to those pulled from the rubble for two weeks.

Johnson was a self-styled bishop at the Heart of Fire Church in Louisville, Kentucky. The Lexington Herald-Leader described Johnson's nondenominational Heart of Fire church as "part evangelical church, part motorcycle bar" and reported that "heavy drinking parties including juveniles appear to be a regular part of the 'worship'". On three separate occasions, officers from the Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Commission cited Johnson and the church for selling alcohol without a license during weekend church parties. At a 2009 trial involving the charges, Johnson said the alcohol was being used in communion ceremonies. Johnson referred to himself as the "pope" of the church.

After the church building burned in 2000, investigators found evidence that the fire had been intentionally set. Johnson blamed the Ku Klux Klan for the act of arson. The church's insurance company sued, and the case was settled with no formal charges being brought.

month before the election, the Republican Party of Kentucky publicly called for Johnson to drop out of the race, citing posts on Johnson's social media accounts that "represent the rankest sort of prejudice present in our society". The posts included a photo of Barack and Michelle Obama that was altered to make them look like apes, a picture of a chimpanzee with a caption describing it as a baby photo of Barack Obama, and a message proclaiming, "Allah sucks. Mohammed sucks. Islam sucks. Any of you Hadji's have an issue with me saying this, PM me and I'll gladly give you my address. You can come visit me, where I promise I will KILL YOU in my front yard!!" Johnson resisted the calls to end his campaign and defended the posts as "satire". When the photos disappeared from Johnson's page, he insisted that he had not removed them, but that they had been deleted by Facebook.

You wouldn't happen to be from Kintucky would you, jimbo?

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 10:34:42 AM »
So just to summarize .  You, the kind democrat , who is out
to save the world so we can all live in a utopia; and doing it from your mom's basement, want this man dead because he said some offensive things ?
It's kind of scary that you are confirming all my opinions about the true nature of the left .   

I guess in your utopia being bigoted deserves death.    Not to different from oprah and her "some people just have to die."  I don't know,  she might have just been hungry.   Also, killing people for their opinions is the tradition on the left in Russia, china and every communist country.   You must be proud to be doing your part. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:36:50 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
to save the world so we can all live in a utopia; and doing it from your mom's basement, want this man dead because he said some offensive things ?
It's kind of scary that you are confirming all my opinions about the true nature of the left .   

I guess in your utopia being bigoted deserves death.    Not to different from oprah and her "some people just have to die."  I don't know,  she might have just been hungry.   Also, killing people for their opinions is the tradition on the left in Russia, china and every communist country.   You must be proud to be doing your part.
You're projecting, jimbo. Say hi to your mom for me. I feel for her.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »

You're projecting, jimbo. Say hi to your mom for me. I feel for her.
You didnít .
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 06:32:15 PM »
Brandon Hixon, a former Republican state lawmaker in Idaho, died of a self-inflicted gunshot to the head, according to a report by the Associated Press. Police identified his body this morning.

Hixon, who had been elected to office in 2012, stepped down following reports that he was the subject of a criminal investigation over sexual abuse allegations.

A detective from the Caldwell, Idaho police station investigated an allegation that Hixon ďinappropriately touched someone, possibly a child,Ē the Idaho Statesman reported in November, citing a redacted report given to them by police.

This is a very disturbing trend.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 06:41:45 PM »
I think we have established already that you are making light of people committing suicide.   Kind of sick but totally in line with the Democratic Party .
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 08:01:48 PM »
I think we have established already that you are making light of people committing suicide.   Kind of sick but totally in line with the Democratic Party .
Who is this we you speak of, kemosabe?

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »

In 1991, Johnson was involved in international missions through the Living Waters Church in Pasadena, California. During trips to Venezuela and Colombia, Johnson said he had performed miracles, including raising a woman from the dead.

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting (KCIR) reported and debunked several claims made by Johnson about his life and ministry, including that he helped set up "safe zones" to protect people from the 1992 Los Angeles riots, that he served as White House Chaplain (a non-existent position) to Presidents George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, and that he had been an ambassador to the United Nations. While Johnson received workers' compensation benefits from the state of New York, KCIR found no credible evidence of Johnson's claims that that he set up an impromptu morgue near Ground Zero in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks and administered last rites to those pulled from the rubble for two weeks.

Johnson was a self-styled bishop at the Heart of Fire Church in Louisville, Kentucky. The Lexington Herald-Leader described Johnson's nondenominational Heart of Fire church as "part evangelical church, part motorcycle bar" and reported that "heavy drinking parties including juveniles appear to be a regular part of the 'worship'". On three separate occasions, officers from the Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Commission cited Johnson and the church for selling alcohol without a license during weekend church parties. At a 2009 trial involving the charges, Johnson said the alcohol was being used in communion ceremonies. Johnson referred to himself as the "pope" of the church.

After the church building burned in 2000, investigators found evidence that the fire had been intentionally set. Johnson blamed the Ku Klux Klan for the act of arson. The church's insurance company sued, and the case was settled with no formal charges being brought.

month before the election, the Republican Party of Kentucky publicly called for Johnson to drop out of the race, citing posts on Johnson's social media accounts that "represent the rankest sort of prejudice present in our society". The posts included a photo of Barack and Michelle Obama that was altered to make them look like apes, a picture of a chimpanzee with a caption describing it as a baby photo of Barack Obama, and a message proclaiming, "Allah sucks. Mohammed sucks. Islam sucks. Any of you Hadji's have an issue with me saying this, PM me and I'll gladly give you my address. You can come visit me, where I promise I will KILL YOU in my front yard!!" Johnson resisted the calls to end his campaign and defended the posts as "satire". When the photos disappeared from Johnson's page, he insisted that he had not removed them, but that they had been deleted by Facebook.

Here, here is where we established that you get pleasure from people who kill themselves  when fascist sjws destroy lives by alleging that someone sexually harassed someone.
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 11:56:52 AM »

Here, here is where we established that you get pleasure from people who kill themselves  when fascist sjws destroy lives by alleging that someone sexually harassed someone.
The royal we, is it? Don't you believe in democracy, jimbo?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
A criminal investigation has been launched by the St. Louis circuit attorney to ascertain if Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens committed any crimes associated with the 2015 extramarital affair he admitted this week to having with a hair stylist.

Greitens admitted late Wednesday night that he was unfaithful to his wife Sheena in 2015.

The 43-year-old Republican lawmaker's admission was comes after St. Louis TV station KMOV's report Wednesday night, in which the ex-husband of the alleged mistress was interviewed and provided to the station secretly-taped recordings of his ex-wife detailing to her ex-husband when and where she met Greitens.

I hope he's been put on suicide watch.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 08:42:26 PM »
No you donít hope that.  You want him to die.
Letís just be clear the peeves and pedes are mostly leftists.  Thatís why the majority of the latest witch hunt has been catching famous democrats. 
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 09:02:47 PM »
Letís just be clear the peeves and pedes are mostly leftists.  Thatís why the majority of the latest witch hunt has been catching famous democrats.
LOL. Repugs are resigning from state legislatures in record numbers.

They just need to learn to keep their hands to themselves. And out of the cookie jar as well. The swamp is chock full of repug gators.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »

They just need to learn to keep their hands to themselves. And out of the cookie jar as well. The swamp is chock full of repug gators.

But they can ask God for forgiveness. And all is alright!

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 11:18:06 PM »

But they can ask God for forgiveness. And all is alright!

Haha they are religious and they believe in god , but  they make mistakes .  I get it.  Once again numbskulls, the left is definitivey the debased debauched side of the equation.
Bonzai!

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 09:28:32 AM »
Hahahahaha.  chris Mathews, a lefty,   asks for bill Cosby pill before interview. 
Haha because itís funny when a lefty drugs women then assaults them

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-matthews-asks-apos-bill-214929382.html
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »
Hahahahaha.  chris Mathews, a lefty,   asks for bill Cosby pill before interview. 
Haha because itís funny when a lefty drugs women then assaults them

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-matthews-asks-apos-bill-214929382.html
Going all PC? Dude made a joke in bad taste.

Are you going to equate that with all the repug child abusers and serial cheaters?

How low will you go jimbo?