June 21, 2018, 02:56:04 AM

Author Topic: Citibank Global Transfers  (Read 867 times)

Offline earlyj1

• Newgookin
Citibank Global Transfers
« on: November 03, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »
I'm trying to use the app on my phone to transfer from my Korean Citi account to my US Citi account. I've read online where other foreigners have said it was quick and easy, but I'm having trouble.
I can put in all of the information (Undocumented Transfer, to my Overseas Account, etc., etc.), and after putting in the numbers from my security card, it told me that the service isn't available to foreigners.
I tried putting in my address as both my US address and my Korean address, and got the same message both times.
Can anyone explain to me how to do this through the Citi app?

Offline gurudanny98

• Veteran
Re: Citibank Global Transfers
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
I don't believe you can do a global transfer on a mobile app with Citibank

Offline earlyj1

• Newgookin
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 05:41:31 PM »
The option is there, but it's telling me I can't because the service isn't available for foreigners (which is BS)

Offline nzer-in-gyeongnam

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • "abnosome" ~ "abnormal in an awesome way."
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »
Is Citibank your designated bank for international transfer? Do you have your american account information saved in your Korean account? You usually have to go to the bank and tell them that you want to transfer money between Korea and an internationally designated account and have them set it up before you can do international transfers. Talk to the bank about it. You can either call their help line (will probably have an English number / service center) OR go in and speak to a teller (which will be easier and faster as that's what the call center will probably advise)
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

Offline gurudanny98

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »
if you can, let me know becuse using the website on a pc is so much of a hassle. the mobile banking app is so much easier

Offline bucketcheck

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 12:59:58 PM »
Has anyone been able to open a Citibank account recently for global transfers?

I opened a Citi account when I was in the US thinking it would be possible to link it to a Korean one, but I've been told on the phone that I could only open such an account if my employer paid directly into it.

Perhaps they've tightened restrictions?

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/