May 27, 2018, 05:21:55 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 932843 times)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5820 on: June 27, 2017, 12:06:57 PM »
That reminds me, I'm actually in a kind of feud with my current neighbor. Whenever we get an advert or booklet put on our doors, my neighbor will stick whatever's on his door onto MY door instead of taking it in and throwing it away like most normal folks do.

So I stick it right back on his door. It normally goes back and forth a few times before he caves in and stops trying to force his trash on me.

In our latest spat, though, he decided to throw the advert onto the floor right in front of my door. I kicked it back over to his side. He kicked it back yesterday, so I taped it down in front of his door last night. I'm giddy with excitement to see how he'll choose to respond to that.

@basedcowboy: My guesses were pretty much in line with everyone else's. xD

Let us know how it goes!! I had a neighbor that did the same thing. I would usually just take them inside and throw them away. After a while (Like a couple of months), I decided that I wasn't going to do it any longer, so I put it back on his/her/their door. Needless to say, it came back, and was stuck to mine the following morning/day. So, when I got home from work the next day, I collected all of the papers sticking out of the mail boxes, all of them on the ground outside, and all of them on my way up the stairs, and I taped them all to his/her/their door. They stayed on his door for like two days. On my way out of the door to go to work the next day, he opened his at the same time (we had never seen each other before). We both started out, and he met eyes with a large and not so kind looking foreigner, so he turned back inside as if he forgot something. Maybe he wasn't uncomfortable, but I do know that from that day, there were no extra papers on my door, nor his. Life was good ~~

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5821 on: June 27, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
That reminds me, I'm actually in a kind of feud with my current neighbor. Whenever we get an advert or booklet put on our doors, my neighbor will stick whatever's on his door onto MY door instead of taking it in and throwing it away like most normal folks do.

So I stick it right back on his door. It normally goes back and forth a few times before he caves in and stops trying to force his trash on me.

In our latest spat, though, he decided to throw the advert onto the floor right in front of my door. I kicked it back over to his side. He kicked it back yesterday, so I taped it down in front of his door last night. I'm giddy with excitement to see how he'll choose to respond to that.

@basedcowboy: My guesses were pretty much in line with everyone else's. xD
I've played flyer tag before, as well.

I don't know why they enjoyed doing it so much, but I was happy to play it ;)

Some neighbors have been terrible, but this guy with his sweeping is pretty funny.

I might accidentally hose him down when I water my plants one of these mornings.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5822 on: June 27, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
This past weekend I discovered that ALL of my clothes pins from the laundry line by my house are missing.  Over a year and no problems, then suddenly they've all up and vanished into thin air.  I am the only one who uses this laundry line.  Everyone else has their own. 

I had enough hangers to hang dry my launders in the sun but honestly, who steals clothes pins??  I really didn't think I'd have to keep clothes pins inside under lock and key  :undecided:

Offline tadpole511

• Veteran
« Reply #5823 on: June 27, 2017, 08:13:15 PM »
Typical coteacher drama. I swear this woman has some personal vendetta with me. I really just want to tell her that she's a grown-ass woman and she needs to act like it. Petty comments and snide remarks and blatant attempts to undermine me in front of the class are not the way to handle any perceived issues.

Any advice on how to handle vindictive, micromanaging, supremely unhelpful coteachers welcome.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #5824 on: June 27, 2017, 09:42:32 PM »
Typical coteacher drama. I swear this woman has some personal vendetta with me. I really just want to tell her that she's a grown-ass woman and she needs to act like it. Petty comments and snide remarks and blatant attempts to undermine me in front of the class are not the way to handle any perceived issues.

Any advice on how to handle vindictive, micromanaging, supremely unhelpful coteachers welcome.

A show of dominance.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5825 on: June 27, 2017, 10:25:18 PM »
What is it about some Koreans and their complete inability to understand anything less subtle than a piano falling down the stairs?

(The CT in questions' English is good enough to understand the meaning of every word I said)
(The school toilets are disgusting and my apartment is 2min walk from the school)

Me - We're done with class, I'm leaving early, I'm not feeling well?
CT - Really? What's wrong?
Me - I have a stomachache
CT - Why don't you lie down in the nurse's office?
Me - No, I have to go home now.
CT - Why don't you wait for the principal to leave, in an hour, then you can leave?
Me - I have a stomachache and I need to go home now! I can't wait an hour.
CT - The nurse's office has aircon, why don't you lie down there?
Me - (You dense mother******, if I don't leave now I'm going to **** my pants)

Same CT, on this day I'm busy adding up the scores for the 'speech contest'. I'm adding the points in the 4 scoring criterias to get a score out of 100, for 20 students. It's not challenging, just hard to do when someone is leering over our shoulder, talking and she's written down the most eligible corrections to my scores for me to re-calculate.

(I make a mistake with one of the numbers)

CT - Oh, you made a mistake, I'm also bad at math. We have to print out a new page and start over.
Me - This isn't maths, it's arithmetic, which is hard to do when someone is leaning over your shoulder, breathing in your ear and checking your calculations.
CT - oh, hahaha.
Me - ... It wasn't a joke.
CT - ..... Do you need a calculator?
Me - No, I need privacy.
CT - <leaves classroom to tell the students in the other room to settle down, comes back and leers>
Me - <sigh>... You are distracting me. Please leave me alone, I'll give it to you when I'm finished.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5826 on: June 27, 2017, 10:38:48 PM »

If there was ever a time to be faultless and professional, this would be it. Dress sharp, stand up straight, keep your cool, speak eloquently and write down all the activities you'll be doing for your meticulously planned lesson.

If she wants to derail the lesson, her agenda will become obvious to even the dimmest student.

Your goal is not to actively embarrass her, with her maturity that's going to open up a massive can of worms. Your goal is to give her nothing to use against you, putting her in a
position to either cease hostilities or embarrass herself.

Alternatively, split the class time.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5827 on: June 28, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »
Hah, so this flyer thing isn't really a unique situation for me, is it? xD

Yeah, the flyer I taped down in front of his place is still there, but he's taken down another advert and tossed it on the floor in front of my door.

Seriously, the guy's an asshole. Maybe I should do what lifeisgood did. xD

Offline mrc45

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5828 on: June 28, 2017, 06:59:11 AM »

Yeah, the flyer I taped down in front of his place is still there, but he's taken down another advert and tossed it on the floor in front of my door.

This guy's behavior is just bizarre, but I guess not uncommon. Why would someone do this in the first place? I had a neighbor who one day decided that my porch was the perfect place for his bike. And this was not a large porch. We lived in one of those old neighborhoods where three or four houses are connected. I lived on the first floor and you would have to walk past the first house on a person's left, past the stairs to go up to the second level, and then my place. The end of the walkway was blocked off by one of the rooms of my house. On the right was a little storage area and then the wall of the next building. So my neighbor decides that my porch was going to be where his bike was going to go. He sticks it right in front of my door so that I can't even open it. At first I thought perhaps he stuck it there just for a minute, so I just moved it out of the way, but it kept happening. I had no idea which neighbor was actually doing it (I lived there for three years and I didn't meet anyone you lived in that building except for a kind old lady who left after about a year of me living there and then I never met the person who moved in), so I left a note asking him to stop. He continued to leave his bike in front of my door until I threw it out into the street. I don't know if anything on it broke, but he stopped leaving his bike in front of my door.

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #5829 on: June 28, 2017, 07:51:03 AM »
Oh my god. I'm gonna snap. It is a real pet peeve that people here have no regard for conserving energy. The aircon in our office is making the room nice and cool. Some bitch comes in, opens the door, turns on the fan, then proceeds to sit down and eat her stankin ass kimchi while the aircon is still running.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5830 on: June 28, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »
Oh my god. I'm gonna snap. It is a real pet peeve that people here have no regard for conserving energy. The aircon in our office is making the room nice and cool. Some bitch comes in, opens the door, turns on the fan, then proceeds to sit down and eat her stankin ass kimchi while the aircon is still running.

Unfortunately billions of people are also not using power very smartly. Know that as we speak there are huge numbers of people with their windows down blasting the AC in their cars, schools, stores, etc. I'm quite a pessimist, with some realism thrown in.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5831 on: June 28, 2017, 08:28:56 AM »

This guy's behavior is just bizarre, but I guess not uncommon. Why would someone do this in the first place?

I keep asking myself the same thing, it really doesn't require that much more energy to carry the flyer in with him. He walks right into his kitchen where most people keep a garbage bag/can. Honestly, he's expelling a lot of effort just to be an asshole.

Also possible that in his head he feels like he shouldn't have to throw away something he never asked for to begin with... but then why force it on someone else who has nothing to do with it, lol? That includes the building super who comes in once a week and has to clean up any messes left by asshole tenants.

One guy leaves his used cigarette ash and butts in the indoor stairwell. Smoking isn't allowed in my building but someone's been doing it. A sneaky smoker doesn't really surprise me... but flicking your ashes and used butts on the floor? Who ****** does that? Landlord put up signs "reminding" tenants that smoking isn't permitted in the building and that all tenants are responsible for cleaning up for themselves, lol. It stopped the habit for a while, but it started back up again a few months later -- just not as frequent. Really wouldn't surprise me if this were also my neighbor, but I have no way of knowing. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5832 on: June 28, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »
I can't even believe the schooling system here sometimes. Working at a high school, in charge of my own grades and all that. One student came up to me to try and change his failing grade... for all 6 semesters of his high school career. The previous teacher failed him because he never showed up to class, I failed him for 2 years because he never showed up to class. He brought his friend to talk to me to ask for passing grades. I tell him he has to do some work, like anyone else that fails. I start giving him his assignments, one small task for every semester, and he starts complaining that it's too hard and please teacher-ing me. HE THEN TRIES TO BRIBE ME.

"But teacher I have a lot of money..."

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5833 on: June 28, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »

Unfortunately billions of people are also not using power very smartly. Know that as we speak there are huge numbers of people with their windows down blasting the AC in their cars, schools, stores, etc. I'm quite a pessimist, with some realism thrown in.
You guys are funny.

I have worked in 20+ schools in my time here, and everyone uses AC the same way...with open windows ;)

Go figure.

And to be fair, AC is a recent phenomena in public schools, so count your blessings.  You could be fan only or nothing at all.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5834 on: June 28, 2017, 09:55:48 AM »
Eating that cereal this morning instead of last night's leftover steak was a mistake. I'm so hungry that I feel like I could resort to cannibalism right now.

Why did I do it?  :cry:

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #5835 on: June 28, 2017, 10:06:47 AM »
When President Donald Trump signed an executive order in February mandating the creation of task forces at federal agencies to roll back government regulations, he handed the pen to Dow's chief executive, who was standing at his side. Liveris heads a White House manufacturing working group. His company also wrote a $1 million check to help underwrite Trump's inaugural festivities.

The American Academy of Pediatrics urged Pruitt on Tuesday to take chlorpyrifos off the market. The group representing more than 66,000 pediatricians and pediatric surgeons said it is "deeply alarmed" by Pruitt's decision to allow the pesticide's continued use.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/epa-chief-met-with-dow-ceo-before-deciding-on-pesticide-ban/ar-BBDmoEt?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #5836 on: June 28, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »
Eating that cereal this morning instead of last night's leftover steak was a mistake. I'm so hungry that I feel like I could resort to cannibalism right now.

PSA: What you are feeling is NOT hunger.  What you are feeling is sugar withdrawals.

Not semantics, but it is a physiological/chemical/??? difference with what is actually happening in your body.

True hunger takes weeks to kick in and it happens in your throat, not your stomach.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5837 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:24 AM »

PSA: What you are feeling is NOT hunger.  What you are feeling is sugar withdrawals.

Not semantics, but it is a physiological/chemical/??? difference with what is actually happening in your body.

True hunger takes weeks to kick in and it happens in your throat, not your stomach.

omg stahp

Unless you give me some protein to help alleviate my "sugar withdrawal" pains because I ran out of my mixed nuts last week and haven't bothered to restock them yet for these in-between meal pangs.

I'm seriously going to eat everything at lunch today. Everything. I don't give a fk what it is.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:15:21 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5838 on: June 28, 2017, 10:36:02 AM »
I can't even believe the schooling system here sometimes. Working at a high school, in charge of my own grades and all that. One student came up to me to try and change his failing grade... for all 6 semesters of his high school career. The previous teacher failed him because he never showed up to class, I failed him for 2 years because he never showed up to class. He brought his friend to talk to me to ask for passing grades. I tell him he has to do some work, like anyone else that fails. I start giving him his assignments, one small task for every semester, and he starts complaining that it's too hard and please teacher-ing me. HE THEN TRIES TO BRIBE ME.

This kid is going places, really. No sarcasm.
-AP

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #5839 on: June 28, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
HE THEN TRIES TO BRIBE ME.

Define "a lot"?

I would give him credit for shamelessness and honesty. Better than some sob story.