February 24, 2018, 08:05:01 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 720448 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4500 on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
Today there is a note in the file for me to fill out the daily lesson journal. I ask what they want in the journal (because it is set out pretty much the same way as my already completed lesson plans) and they tell me to write the lesson plan. I show them the full, typed, printed lesson plans in the back of the file. All 38 of them. I get told that "yes, you must write what is on these plans into the daily lesson journal". I am sure it is a miscommunication. It better be a miscommunication.
Just make copies of your LPs (after resizing them to 20%) and staple them to the pages of the journal. Job done! :smiley:

Offline Challen13

• Waygookin
« Reply #4501 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:05 PM »
Today there is a note in the file for me to fill out the daily lesson journal. I ask what they want in the journal (because it is set out pretty much the same way as my already completed lesson plans) and they tell me to write the lesson plan. I show them the full, typed, printed lesson plans in the back of the file. All 38 of them. I get told that "yes, you must write what is on these plans into the daily lesson journal". I am sure it is a miscommunication. It better be a miscommunication.
Just make copies of your LPs (after resizing them to 20%) and staple them to the pages of the journal. Job done! :smiley:

I'd do the exact same thing.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4502 on: March 29, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »

I'd do the exact same thing.

Done! Thank you oh wise ones.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4503 on: March 29, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
Dear Taxi Driver,

I did hear you honking your horn.  You might have noticed my right turn signal, and the woman crossing the side street.  I don't know what she might have done to get you angry, but your horn did little to convince me that I should run her over.  She didn't appear to be in a hurry, and neither was I.

Best,

-jnm

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4504 on: March 30, 2017, 07:57:28 AM »
Dear Taxi Driver,

I did hear you honking your horn.  You might have noticed my right turn signal, and the woman crossing the side street.  I don't know what she might have done to get you angry, but your horn did little to convince me that I should run her over.  She didn't appear to be in a hurry, and neither was I.

Best,

-jnm
People honking at me when I'm stopped at a red light or waiting for a pedestrian to finish crossing the road makes me want to install a smoke screen function la "Spy Hunter".  >:(

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4505 on: March 30, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
According to my schedule for the day, I'm supposed to dig a trench and hope that I don't end up needing to carry my entrails back home with me by the time it's all over.

Bring it.

Dear Taxi Driver,

Best,

-jnm

I was in this exact scenario yesterday, but I was the woman crossing the street.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4506 on: March 30, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »
Dear Taxi Driver,

Best,

-jnm
People honking at me when I'm stopped at a red light or waiting for a pedestrian to finish crossing the road makes me want to install a smoke screen function la "Spy Hunter".  >:(

I was thinking more like...

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4507 on: March 30, 2017, 08:11:46 AM »
Dear Taxi Driver,

Best,

-jnm

I was in this exact scenario yesterday, but I was the woman crossing the street.

That was you?! :)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4508 on: March 30, 2017, 08:40:44 AM »
Dear Taxi Driver,

Best,

-jnm

This is the worst type of person.

YES HOW RUDE OF ME NOT TO CLOBBER THE PEDESTRIAN IN FRONT OF ME SO THAT YOU MAY SHAVE THREE SECONDS OFF OF YOUR JOURNEY.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4509 on: March 30, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »
Dear Taxi Driver,

Best,

-jnm

This is the worst type of person.

YES HOW RUDE OF ME NOT TO CLOBBER THE PEDESTRIAN IN FRONT OF ME SO THAT YOU MAY SHAVE THREE SECONDS OFF OF YOUR JOURNEY.
That happened to me the other night. I was in the middle of the crosswalk when some guy ran the red light and honked at me and I was so shocked and annoyed I stopped and stared him down. He drove past me and waved and said sorry then sped off again into the night.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4510 on: March 30, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »
I am having an annoyed day. I think I am ill. I don't feel sick, I just have a raging fever and the chills and am super exhausted. So all the small things seem huge. Little spawn of satan in grade 3 didn't even get a chance to give me shit, on the level he normally does, today. He looked at me funny and I made him sit at the back of the class. Alone. Lunch was awesome for a change, so the lunch ladies decided to give me grade 2 size portions for some unknown reason and I am salty about that. AND if one more person leaves the goddamn door open I am going to burst into flames of anger.

I know this is all me. Truly no one is really doing anything that would normally annoy me. it's me. Today it's everything. Like why is my CT breathing. Stop with the breathing!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4511 on: March 30, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
Also, I just grabbed one of those coffee stick things, that I never use, but I saw that the package said it had honey and not sugar, so hey let's try it. DON'T, Just walk away man. Walk.Away.

Tastes like dirt. Quite literally.
-A.A. Milne

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Single
« Reply #4512 on: March 30, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
Also, I just grabbed one of those coffee stick things, that I never use, but I saw that the package said it had honey and not sugar, so hey let's try it. DON'T, Just walk away man. Walk.Away.

I understand that that sucked for you.............

But that's hilarious.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4513 on: March 30, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »
Realized today that it's past the deadline for the school to send me my housing deposit back, and both messaged my coteacher (who hasn't responded to a single message I've sent her on kakao since I left) as well as the MOE as I was fully anticipating her nonresponse

MOE got back to me saying they'd talked to the school and it was on its way, and very soon afterwards got a message on kakao from my coteacher who berated me for messaging her so early in the morning and confirming what the MOE person said. I just kind of brushed it off by saying I don't usually stay up late enough to message her in her afternoon but she wouldn't let it go and in her next message said "it's rude to message people at dawn in Korea"

I managed to keep myself from going off at her but like seriously? I had tried messaging her in the morning and in the afternoon/evening before but even when she read my messages she didn't respond to any of my messages and it took TWENTY DAYS from my first message for her to respond to any message at all, and only because the MOE was involved. PLUS I am not in Korea and she shouldn't expect me to adhere to Korean time. I understand if she responds to my message in the middle of the night my time, it's not like I expect an immediate response, but I am not going to remember to message her right before I go to bed at night or whatever

Just typical Korean bs and I am so glad to hopefully nearly be done with it forever

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4514 on: March 30, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »
I am having an annoyed day. I think I am ill. I don't feel sick, I just have a raging fever and the chills and am super exhausted. So all the small things seem huge. Little spawn of satan in grade 3 didn't even get a chance to give me shit, on the level he normally does, today. He looked at me funny and I made him sit at the back of the class. Alone. Lunch was awesome for a change, so the lunch ladies decided to give me grade 2 size portions for some unknown reason and I am salty about that. AND if one more person leaves the goddamn door open I am going to burst into flames of anger.

I know this is all me. Truly no one is really doing anything that would normally annoy me. it's me. Today it's everything. Like why is my CT breathing. Stop with the breathing!!!

Oh man I've had days like that. Where nothing TRULY bad has happened but everything just builds up and then, somehow, you find yourself annoyed that you're annoyed.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4515 on: March 30, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »

Oh man I've had days like that. Where nothing TRULY bad has happened but everything just builds up and then, somehow, you find yourself annoyed that you're annoyed.

Yes! That's it. I'm annoyed that I am annoyed. It's awful. Worse, I took it out on my after school class and made them do a worksheet instead of a game. Then felt bad and let them watch BTS music videos. I need my bed and a whisky.
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4516 on: March 30, 2017, 03:38:22 PM »

I understand that that sucked for you.............

But that's hilarious.

:laugh: Well at least I made someone smile today!
-A.A. Milne

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4517 on: March 30, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »
I need my bed and a whisky.

This is also my go-to solution.

Offline hiragardless

• Waygookin
« Reply #4518 on: March 31, 2017, 07:37:54 AM »
So today, as I was walking into school, I saw one of the teachers at my school leaving to go somewhere. I decided to greet him and say 안녕하세요! But after I greeted him he went, "Aish!" and then turned his umbrella the other way. I've always suspected that he disliked me but it was just a really sucky way to start the morning. I can't speak Korean so maybe this is why he's so against me. But it really bothers me because I've done nothing to him. It's just been kind of a crappy week in general, and one that makes me really question what I'm even doing here.

Offline klx001

• Adventurer
  • what is life.
« Reply #4519 on: March 31, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
So today, as I was walking into school, I saw one of the teachers at my school leaving to go somewhere. I decided to greet him and say 안녕하세요! But after I greeted him he went, "Aish!" and then turned his umbrella the other way. I've always suspected that he disliked me but it was just a really sucky way to start the morning. I can't speak Korean so maybe this is why he's so against me. But it really bothers me because I've done nothing to him. It's just been kind of a crappy week in general, and one that makes me really question what I'm even doing here.

ignore the haters. some will dislike you for no legit reason. granted, it is very rude and he would probably not respond that way to a korean. but just continue to be your polite self... or don't talk to/greet him if you feel like being petty lol. as dory puts it "just keep swimming!"
idk tho.