November 19, 2018, 02:53:46 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1167693 times)

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4500 on: April 05, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »
I think they blocked Chrome. Only Explorer. Anyone else having this issue?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4501 on: April 05, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »
If you're looking to get laid, just don't get offended/belligerent if/when someone turns you down.  Just move on without any fuss.  Idk why some people are so prideful and feel the need to start slinging insults as if they've been personally affronted.

Yeah, this is what SevenPM assumes I'm doing and is putting words in my mouth. Saying that it's easier for women to get laid is not me whining because of how this thread started with my anecdote, it's me agreeing with The Arm.

Somehow, she can't grasp that and is strawmanning me.

I think some of this is also coming down from confusion. There were a lot of people posting a lot of different opinions and perspectives about this or that, and I think what you said just kind of got erroneously tied in with some of those other opinions.

In any case, I feel you're good people, and I'm sorry that the terror got reigned down on you. I know you're going through a tough time right now. I'd buy you a drink if I knew you in real life.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4502 on: April 05, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
I think they blocked Chrome. Only Explorer. Anyone else having this issue?

How do you mean? What's happening on your end?

I'm able to use Chrome just fine on my work computer. No problems. If you're having trouble accessing the internet using Chrome, could be you've got some bad cache or cookie files or something.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4503 on: April 05, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
But clearly you don't understand that women rarely if ever show overt interest to men.  They never come up to us and say 'Oh let's go back to my place.' or 'Oh I like you.' We get little to nothing.

Actually they do this all the time, sorry you haven't had your share.

Offline hangyul

• Adventurer
« Reply #4504 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:09 AM »
But clearly you don't understand that women rarely if ever show overt interest to men.  They never come up to us and say 'Oh let's go back to my place.' or 'Oh I like you.' We get little to nothing.

Yeah they do. I actually don't like it when they do, but plenty of women show overt interest.... Maybe not as often as men, but they totally do.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4505 on: April 05, 2017, 10:39:35 AM »

In any case, I feel you're good people, and I'm sorry that the terror got reigned down on you. I know you're going through a tough time right now. I'd buy you a drink if I knew you in real life.

Is that flirting?

As discussed, sometimes it is hard to tell.

:)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4506 on: April 05, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »

Is that flirting?

Only if I grab your crotch while doing it. ;D

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:45:08 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4507 on: April 05, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
If you're looking to get laid, just don't get offended/belligerent if/when someone turns you down.  Just move on without any fuss.  Idk why some people are so prideful and feel the need to start slinging insults as if they've been personally affronted.

This! On both sides.  I agree completely. If a guy asks you and you aren't interested. Just say so. If you ask a girl and she isn't interested, just move on without acting like a child. 

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #4508 on: April 05, 2017, 10:42:03 AM »
"Ah Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage."

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4509 on: April 05, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »

Is that flirting?

Now that reply is flirting.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4510 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »

Is that flirting?

Now that reply is flirting.

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4511 on: April 05, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
Woah, I knew this would blow up.  First off, no one said women aren't into casual relationships.  And I wasn't implying that men take this approach to women who clearly aren't interested. But clearly you don't understand that women rarely if ever show overt interest to men. They never come up to us and say 'Oh let's go back to my place.' or 'Oh I like you.' We get little to nothing. So when guys do things that come across as stupid to you, it's because we have no idea what she's thinking unless she tells us clearly. We might think she likes us because she smiles at us.  Once again, I'm not condoning the hail mary pass, I'm just saying I understand why as a man.

PS if this approach didn't work, tinder wouldn't exist.  No one is saying to come across as a pervert.

While I can understand where you're coming from here, I don't agree with this.

It's just that some people are better at reading than others. It comes back to social skills and reading social cues. Most women who are interested give some pretty clear signs, even when they're being "subtle." For guys who really can't seem to identify them, researching the internet is a good first step. You don't need to be overt to send out signals.

In short, a smile is not enough to make an assumption about casual sex. People smile when they're being nice. That's it.

But if you've been flirting with the woman for a while and she's been reciprocating (real flirting -- just talking to a woman about her day is not flirting, a lot of guys and gals could learn a thing or two about how to flirt), and she's giving you the bedroom eyes, making a respectful proposition wouldn't be out-of-line.

Also, a person's approach for sealing the deal could also make or break the vibe. A woman (or man) could totally be interested in the beginning but may lose that interest if you come off too strong or disrespectful.

I'm not disagreeing with you but flirting doesn't mean anything.  It doesn't mean she's interested. I've had women with boyfriends flirt with me, I've had single women flirt with me. Women who are interested in me, women who aren't. Some people just like the back and forth and don't plan on taking it further.

I guess my underlying point here is that just because you are upfront and interested in something casual, does not mean you are scuzzy, a loser, socially inept or any of the other labels that the girls in this thread are attaching to it.  Obviously there have been some bad experiences on Sevenpm's part that she's reacting so negatively.  But, just because I said I understand why guys might be straight and to the point does not mean that approach equates to being a creep.  I don't appreciate that label being thrown around nor do the other men in this thread.  Can't we just have a civil discussion about a tantalizing topic without resorting to insults?

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4512 on: April 05, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »
I'm grateful those days are long over :)

Forward women were always a real turn off to me, as something about that aggressiveness was off putting.

They weren't "crazy", but they didn't follow the "normal" conventions, so I would always RUN from that type.

Some guys might like it, like some enjoy shooting fish in a barrel, but if you don't wish to be stocked later, it's best to avoid ;)

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4513 on: April 05, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »

I should rephrase, I'm not talking about the kind that lock themselves in a room with you and then try to seduce you by force. I guess I mean we don't often have women take the initiative with things. It's up to us to make the moves.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4514 on: April 05, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
I'd let Chinguetti Ajumma Smash me.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4515 on: April 05, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
CO2, please just hurry up and have sex so this thread can return to normal.

if you need help check out Abam or the other sites like that.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4516 on: April 05, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »

This may be one of the most insultingly stupid things I've seen in a while. I can not understand how a room full of advertising people could sit down in 2017 and watch this and think "this is great. People are going to eat this shit up".

Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4517 on: April 05, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »
I'd let Chinguetti Ajumma Smash me.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Do not send her a text.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4518 on: April 05, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

This may be one of the most insultingly stupid things I've seen in a while. I can not understand how a room full of advertising people could sit down in 2017 and watch this and think "this is great. People are going to eat this shit up".

Yeah that was pretty bad. From now on it's only gonna be "Coke" for me. Do you have Coke?  ;D

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4519 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »

Yeah that was pretty bad. From now on it's only gonna be "Coke" for me. Do you have Coke?  ;D

I gave my students writing essays to tell me about their best vacation and one girl wrote that her best vacation was when her mom took her to the movies and got her a popcorn and "coke."