August 18, 2018, 06:12:17 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1058163 times)

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3960 on: February 09, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
Why would you design a drawer that only opens 1/3 of the way. It's borderline useless when I have to use a flashlight to see what's in there.
What drawer would that be?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #3961 on: February 10, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »
Yo, Dave Stepz! I was in Ansan last night, seeing Snowden (not bad, not great) and I came across a..................

빽스 GYM. It had the same font as his coffee chain and the strange ㅃ in 백 was there as well.

I think he has mastered (saturated) the restaurant industry and is moving onto helping his customers lose all the fat they'll get from his crap food. hahahaha

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3962 on: February 10, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
Last day before I'm kicked from my kids and city :C Sucks when you don't want to leave but conviniently non existant contract stipulations make you move...

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3963 on: February 10, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »
Yo, Dave Stepz! I was in Ansan last night, seeing Snowden (not bad, not great) and I came across a..................

빽스 GYM. It had the same font as his coffee chain and the strange ㅃ in 백 was there as well.

I think he has mastered (saturated) the restaurant industry and is moving onto helping his customers lose all the fat they'll get from his crap food. hahahaha

;D

I checked this out now...hmmmm.......wouldn't surprise me with his weaselly face being everywhere.  Is there nothing he won't market.  What about the Baek's Hospitals that could open?  Discount surgery coupons found in the food packets? 

My friend works in the high school where he is the chairman.  He told all teachers not to have any scandals because it will affect his brand.  Rug-wearing fool!

:cry:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:38:53 AM by Dave Stepz »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #3964 on: February 10, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »
If you make an app for tourists, don't put any Korean in it. ZERO. If I need the schedule on a metro app to know when the last trains at night are, it shouldn't say 청량리행  in it. EVER.

Same with subtitles. "Aigo, Samchon is here."

Samchon? I though his name was Minsoo, huh. I wonder............"

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3965 on: February 10, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
If you make an app for tourists, don't put any Korean in it. ZERO. If I need the schedule on a metro app to know when the last trains at night are, it shouldn't say 청량리행  in it. EVER.

100% agree.

My even bigger pet peeve is when blog post guides do this sort of thing (even without hangeul):

"So just head over to the adjumma and hand over your man won".

I've got to do what??  :shocked:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3966 on: February 10, 2017, 12:41:34 PM »

Agree. Like, for real - if you're making an app for tourists in English don't leave little random morsels of incomprehensibility in there. I can't even count the number of times when I first got here when I got boned by the subway because I didn't even register that the ~~~~~행 actually meant something.

In the beginning I thought this was because the app had been made for Korean tourists, but after a while it became clear that at least a few of them had been made for foreign tourists, and I can't understand why it doesn't occur to the creators that it's not a good idea to mix languages like that. It's not like Korean is a global language.

When your target group is foreign tourists, you'd think they'd hire real translators for their product. I've rage-uninstalled some apps because of that lack of foresight.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:46:48 PM by Chinguetti »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3967 on: February 10, 2017, 12:49:28 PM »

100% agree.

My even bigger pet peeve is when blog post guides do this sort of thing (even without hangeul):

"So just head over to the adjumma and hand over your man won".

I've got to do what??  :shocked:

Great example, but I am little more forgiving of blog-posters than I am of app authors.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3968 on: February 10, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
so today was the graduation ceremony and the last of day of school after this ridiculous week back. so after the ceremony there's a big staff lunch. ask coteacher "where are we going?" she says "samqyupsal restaurant" so I'm all like:

so we get to the restaurant and sit down. there's a whole bunch of banchan (side dishes) on the table. i'm hungry AF because i skipped breakfast, but i don't wanna eat too much because i need to keep room for the samgyupsal. so i'm sitting there picking at the banchan. we are waiting for freakin ages for the food to come. some of the teachers are going all in on the side dishes but i'm just like, nah imma wait, this samgyupsal gonna be sweet AF.

after about 20-30 minutes everyone gets up and starts leaving. and I'm like, "wait, WTF is going on here?"

so i say to my coteacher: "why is everyone leaving, aren't we having lunch?" and she says "yes. we just finished the lunch". so I'm like "but where's the samgyupsal?" and she just laughs and says "today no samgyupsal, just banchan lunch"

and i'm standing there all like:

so now i'm back at school still hungry AF, waiting for the day to end.

I might go and have samgyupsal for dinner now, just to get my revenge.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3969 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
boxes of pizza and fries and chicken arrived in the office, I was getting hype

but it has all DISAPPEARED it must've been for the students THIS IS SO CRUEL

There is also an entire chocolate cake from paris baguette on the table in our partition but it's still in the box SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL OF FOOD I CAN'T EAT

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3970 on: February 10, 2017, 01:57:31 PM »
so today was the graduation ceremony and the last of day of school after this ridiculous week back. so after the ceremony there's a big staff lunch. ask coteacher "where are we going?" she says "samqyupsal restaurant" so I'm all like:

so we get to the restaurant and sit down. there's a whole bunch of banchan (side dishes) on the table. i'm hungry AF because i skipped breakfast, but i don't wanna eat too much because i need to keep room for the samgyupsal. so i'm sitting there picking at the banchan. we are waiting for freakin ages for the food to come. some of the teachers are going all in on the side dishes but i'm just like, nah imma wait, this samgyupsal gonna be sweet AF.

after about 20-30 minutes everyone gets up and starts leaving. and I'm like, "wait, WTF is going on here?"

so i say to my coteacher: "why is everyone leaving, aren't we having lunch?" and she says "yes. we just finished the lunch". so I'm like "but where's the samgyupsal?" and she just laughs and says "today no samgyupsal, just banchan lunch"

and i'm standing there all like:

so now i'm back at school still hungry AF, waiting for the day to end.

I might go and have samgyupsal for dinner now, just to get my revenge.

Ah right, like this....

and this...

and this...

That kind of thing?

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3971 on: February 10, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Dave, you bastard, now I am ravenous!!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3972 on: February 10, 2017, 02:16:17 PM »
Lunch looked like something you'd find clinging to Cthulu's taint. Seriously, who looks at the back end of an octopus and thinks "MMMMMM, 맛있겠다!" Gristle, polyps, tentacles, pincers, at one point I pulled some feelers out from between my teeth and at another point I realized that it was a fish's eye hanging from my chopsticks. But it was a punishment treat provided by a higher-up so... commit :cry:.

I've got a 회식 later where we'll at least be having galbi and not more horrors from the deep, but I've burnt through all my actually-having-an-okay-time-poker-face resources.

I'm officially at intermediate level Korean but I understand sweet f*** all at 회식, what with all the noise and lack of context. So, my challenge to myself is to see how drunk I can get without drawing any unwanted attention.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3973 on: February 10, 2017, 03:40:34 PM »

Ah right, like this....

and this...

and this...

That kind of thing?

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3974 on: February 10, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »
wtf is 반찬 lunch? this doesn't exist. you made that story up!

buy if you didn't, jesus ****** christ. worst day ever

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3975 on: February 11, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »
we had a similar lunch for our last school lunch

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3976 on: February 11, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »

The other end of the spectrum is bad too.

You pace yourself wrong and are over full when the bring out another course.  I'm looking at you, Shabu Shabu!

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3977 on: February 13, 2017, 08:21:05 AM »

The other end of the spectrum is bad too.

You pace yourself wrong and are over full when the bring out another course.  I'm looking at you, Shabu Shabu!

There must be some thing to it.  I never understood why they start with all the side dishes and meat and then there are the orders for naengmyeon/rice/nooroongji.  Is it to make people fall asleep?  Make them go home?

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #3978 on: February 13, 2017, 08:54:18 AM »
So I am a big guy (3xl shirts). Finding my size in Korea, especially with how remote I live, is next to impossible. However today my coteacher tells me (After mentioning my recontraction tomorrow) that in the new year I should get my parents to send me new clothing. I am like..... I have tried, they have yet to even send me my birthday present from last year.

Does anyone know where to get clothes in fat people sizes?

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #3979 on: February 13, 2017, 08:56:47 AM »
The internet.
Kpip! - Martin 2018