January 24, 2019, 03:27:16 PM

Author Topic: Deleted.  (Read 2643 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
Deleted.
« on: April 06, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »
note: deleted
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:30:33 PM by #basedcowboyshirt »

Offline Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
recycling companies here do not want to take Korean plastic waste because they are usually worse in quality than those imported from abroad.

I don't really get this. Korea uses a lower grade of plastic than other countries?

Surely the other countries pay Korea to recycle their waste, not vice-versa?
Catch my drift?

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
that end section is absolutely tragic

Offline friendofcletus

• Veteran
Makes sense why we are seeing more bad air days. Importing a $h!t ton of waste from abroad...and burning it.

So in way (because China no longer imports this waste), the bad air in Korea is China's fault? :undecided: :rolleyes:

Offline tadpole511

• Veteran
At least some of this could be solved by not having everything wrapped in shrink wrap and then packaged in a plastic container or put in a styrofoam container and wrapped in even more shrink wrap. Most fruits and vegetables don't need to be packaged at all.

Online JNM

• The Legend
One thing that has confused me until recently is that the Korean use of the word  "vinyl" is not consistent with the English use.

Once I realized that, it came together a bit better.

Recycling programs need lots of public buy-in to work, and relying on millions of people to understand complicated (and changing) rules just isn't going to work.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:08:53 AM by JNM »

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
I could save this country about 500gazillion tonnes of waste/recycling with the following:

• Stop wrapping pizza boxes in that plastic tape.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online zola

• The Legend
How the bloody hell else are you going to carry the pizza box, genius?? The plastic tape is vital.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
Another 500 gazillion tonnes saving strategy: 

• Stop putting my loaf of bread wrapped in plastic into a  bakery branded plastic bag.  :rolleyes:
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
Another 500 gazillion tonnes saving strategy: 

• Stop putting my loaf of bread wrapped in plastic into a  bakery branded plastic bag.  :rolleyes:

But then how will you know where you bought it? When going to buy the same delicious sugared garlic bread you'll end up roaming the streets in a daze muttering "빵... 빵..."

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
How the bloody hell else are you going to carry the pizza box, genius?? The plastic tape is vital.

Papa John's gets fancy with ribbons.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Why is anyone eating pizza at all? It's LITERALLY poison, with or without plastic tape.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online zola

• The Legend
If  someone was to buy a typical 8 slice pizza, how much would you or could you eat?
I could eat half before even realising it. The whole thing, no problem. That's why I don't buy pizza anymore.  :cry:
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online elsbethm

• Veteran
At least some of this could be solved by not having everything wrapped in shrink wrap and then packaged in a plastic container or put in a styrofoam container and wrapped in even more shrink wrap. Most fruits and vegetables don't need to be packaged at all.

Of course they do! How else are they going to hide all the rotten and mouldy produce? :rolleyes:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Why is anyone eating pizza at all? It's LITERALLY poison, with or without plastic tape.

Are you secretly basedcowboy's sock? :laugh:  Or vice versa?   :shocked:

Some folks pick their poison in the form of alcohol or smokes. 

My vice is mainly sweets, but sometimes I choose pizza. 

With pineapple.   :angel:

Online JNM

• The Legend
...sometimes I choose pizza. 

That's just wrong.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan

Of course they do! How else are they going to hide all the rotten and mouldy produce? :rolleyes:
yep. i have lost count how many times i've bought fruit/veg and it's ended up being rotten. they wrap it in polystyrene and plastic so you can't check if it's rotten

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook

Absolutely true. The amount of wasted styrofoam and wrap here is terrible.

i've been told numerous times that its korean culture to have things packaged in smaller serving packages. fine, but i usually respond with 'okay, but you could send your kids with a reusable container for the oroes'. you can have both

Online JNM

• The Legend

Absolutely true. The amount of wasted styrofoam and wrap here is terrible.

i've been told numerous times that its korean culture to have things packaged in smaller serving packages. fine, but i usually respond with 'okay, but you could send your kids with a reusable container for the oroes'. you can have both

That must be why they wrap a 60 cm celery stalk in 5 m of plastic wrap.

/s

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.

Are you secretly basedcowboy's sock? :laugh:  Or vice versa?   :shocked:

Some folks pick their poison in the form of alcohol or smokes. 

My vice is mainly sweets, but sometimes I choose pizza. 

When did it become a hot meme to make fun of pineapple on pizza? It's good. And Hawaiian pizza is a pretty normal menu item.