August 19, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: 'False sex crime accusation killed my husband' - metoo.  (Read 1016 times)

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
'False sex crime accusation killed my husband' - metoo.
« on: March 26, 2018, 04:58:13 PM »
'False sex crime accusation killed my husband'  - metoo.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/03/251_246159.html

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
Re: 'False sex crime accusation killed my husband' - metoo.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 05:20:04 PM »
Females who make false accusations should be severely punished, as in, jail time and their actions should be held on record. If not, all men are fair game.

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »
The widow of a public middle school teacher, who committed suicide last year amid a sexual harassment investigation, claims a student's lie killed her innocent husband.

"A student's lie soon became a sexual harassment allegation against him. He didn't have any proper chance to explain. Pressured enormously by the student human rights center, he had to kill himself to prove his innocence," Kang wrote.

Nowadays they automatically believe whatever the kids say, even if its very obvious the student concerned is a devious troublemaker. Because the principals are too scared of the parents.

Teachers are increasingly victimized by the students, the administration and the parents. The education system has arrived at a ridiculous situation, make no mistake. 
Catch my drift?

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »
Students control the system these days. Even giving a student a deserved fail for legitimate reasons can result in the teacher being fired or worse.

Some students know how to play the system and use it to their advantage.

However in contrast some students do tell the truth and get pushed aside.

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »
Students control the system these days.

False accusations and their consequences could happen to any one of us, at any time,  and foreign teachers have even less legal protection than Koreans.

All that needs to happen is that some teenager decides they don't like the teacher and that they will make up a story for fun. It goes from there.

Its pretty hard to control a class when they know you have no power and that they can get you fired anytime they want, with zero consequences to themselves.  Its just a game to them.

The most delinquent students control the schools, and the teachers are at their mercy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:52:12 PM by Cyanea »
Catch my drift?

Offline sleepy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 07:11:16 AM »
All that needs to happen is that some teenager decides they don't like the teacher and that they will make up a story for fun. It goes from there.

Its pretty hard to control a class when they know you have no power and that they can get you fired anytime they want, with zero consequences to themselves.  Its just a game to them.

This is a very very serious problem in UK state schools.

Offline friendofcletus

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:56:23 AM »
This is why teachers are so paranoid about student contact in the states. There is also extensive training about what is or is not appropriate contact between students and teachers/counselors.

Korea doesn't seem to train their teachers the same way. I've seen female and male teachers walking hand in hand with students, arm in arm, hugging, even saw a kiss on the cheek once. (I reported it to my supervisor...nothing happened.) This is with older students mind you. Any of this type of behavior can be misconstrued by these students and outside observers.

I don't know about these accusations, real or imagined. But are there are ways that teachers can protect themselves from them. Like never being alone with a student in your classroom. 

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 08:40:50 AM »
I've seen my teachers give a quick (but not so painful) smack to students who were stepping out of line. My co-teacher even suggested to me once to hit a student who was standing in my way.

Of course, I wasn't gonna do that. Anything can be misconstrued and next thing you know a friendly handshake turns into a charge for sexual assault.

I'm all for women getting the justice they deserve, but it'll be scary if it turns to just anyone getting accused for any small reason.
The World Ends With You

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_2gl7lz25E

Interesting TED talk about the issue. I'm all for scumbuag men getting what they deserve for assaulting women, but the same must be said for scumbag women who falsely accuse innocent men.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.