June 20, 2018, 12:17:18 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 996478 times)

Online JNM

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7660 on: March 19, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »
It's Monday.

I had a nose-pad fall off my favourite glasses this morning. Then I dropped my Merkur razor, and it broke.

Waiting for the 3rd thing.

I sympathize. I've had my favourite sunglasses for about 15 years, and I'll be sad when something finally breaks on them that can't be repaired.

Also always wanted a Merkur but I'm afraid it's one of those things I'd by and then end up just going back to disposables.

Nope. You would never go back to disposables after the real deal. Just go for it.

Correct.

It took me 2 disposables to finish the job.

I ordered a new Merkur before getting dressed. Gmarket has a selection starting at about 50 000.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #7661 on: March 19, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »
Trump to seek death penalty for drug dealers: WH official

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-seek-death-penalty-drug-dealers-wh-official-002249476.html

This really pisses me off. Alcohol and cigarettes are more dangerous than drugs, yet legal.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7662 on: March 20, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »
I ended up about 10 minutes late to work today because I left something at home and had to go back for it.

Not usually a problem because everyone is either in their office or in a meeting in the first 30 minutes of school, so I would normally sneak in unnoticed. No one the wiser.

But today, the one day I'm late whereas I'm normally early, there were a few admin guys doing God knows what in the bushes in front of the school today, and they got to witness my walk of shame.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7663 on: March 20, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-seek-death-penalty-drug-dealers-wh-official-002249476.html

This really pisses me off. Alcohol and cigarettes are more dangerous than drugs, yet legal.

Sugar is legal, too. High-fructose corn syrup is legal.

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7664 on: March 20, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »

High-fructose corn syrup should be outlawed.  It completely ruins the taste of sweet iced tea.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7665 on: March 20, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »

High-fructose corn syrup should be outlawed.  It completely ruins the taste of sweet iced tea.

It's also literally poison.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7666 on: March 20, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »

No, it isn't.  It isn't even figuratively poison.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7667 on: March 20, 2018, 11:55:40 AM »
Poison: Any substance that can cause severe organ damage or death if ingested, breathed in, or absorbed through the skin. Many substances that normally cause no problems, including water and most vitamins, can be poisonous if taken in excessive quantity. Poison treatment depends on the substance.

Source: https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=11890

I'll allow it.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7668 on: March 20, 2018, 12:02:49 PM »

I'm of the opinion that sweetener of any sort completely ruins the taste of iced tea. I remember getting looks like I had two heads when I'd order unsweetened iced tea when I was stationed in Georgia.  ;D

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7669 on: March 20, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »

Sweet, delicious, commie lovin' poison! :D
Thanks Spongebob. I think I'll eat it now. *have to read this line in Patrick's voice*

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7670 on: March 20, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
Poison: Any substance that can cause severe organ damage or death if ingested, breathed in, or absorbed through the skin. Many substances that normally cause no problems, including water and most vitamins, can be poisonous if taken in excessive quantity. Poison treatment depends on the substance.

I'll allow it.
In other words, virtually every substance is a poison.  "Poison" is by that definition, a meaningless term. How about a non-nonsensical definition:
"a substance that through its chemical action usually kills, injures, or impairs an organism" (emphasis mine)
-www.m-w.com

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #7671 on: March 20, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7672 on: March 20, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »

I'll allow it.
In other words, virtually every substance is a poison.  "Poison" is by that definition, a meaningless term. How about a non-nonsensical definition:
"a substance that through its chemical action usually kills, injures, or impairs an organism" (emphasis mine)
-www.m-w.com

I agree it is a little more nuanced than that.

Here’s an MD’s discussion on it.

https://peterattiamd.com/is-sugar-toxic/

PS: I once calculated that you needed to eat about 20 pounds of the supposedly poisonous chemical that makes sun-burned potato skins green to reach LD50.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7673 on: March 21, 2018, 11:26:18 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I laugh every time!!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7674 on: March 21, 2018, 02:47:43 PM »
300 students in my school and the teacher responsible for cleaning says there aren't 1 or 2 free to clean the English room at cleaning time. Was fine last year and the year before that. Strange.

I mean I can see 6 students sitting in the classroom outside the English room now doing nothing but that's non of my business.
waygook.org user #nugunugu... OMG avec's picked up a steelchair! God almighty it's a steelchair to the skull. Good god. BANG. ANOTHER shot to the Cranium!

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7675 on: March 21, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
300 students in my school and the teacher responsible for cleaning says there aren't 1 or 2 free to clean the English room at cleaning time. Was fine last year and the year before that. Strange.

I mean I can see 6 students sitting in the classroom outside the English room now doing nothing but that's non of my business.

I'm not a fan of the whole students cleaning the schools thing in the first place. I mean, I get that it's supposed to foster a sense of responsibility and the feeling of being a part of a group or whatever, but they're students. They don't give a sh!t how good a job they do, so I just end up thinking of that Mitch Hedberg Joke: "This shirt is dry clean only. That means it's dirty." This school is cleaned by the students. That means it's dirty.

I think it'd be nice to use it as an employment opportunity and hire adult janitors to come clean the school outside of working hours, so it'd be cleaner around here, more locals could find employment, and the students could have more time to go be kids. Then again, if the janitors end up cleaning as effectively as most of the ajummas who cleaned my schools' bathrooms do/did, then the schools wouldn't be any cleaner than they are after the students clean them.  ;D

Offline JVPrice

• Veteran
« Reply #7676 on: March 21, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

I'm not a fan of the whole students cleaning the schools thing in the first place. I mean, I get that it's supposed to foster a sense of responsibility and the feeling of being a part of a group or whatever, but they're students. They don't give a sh!t how good a job they do, so I just end up thinking of that Mitch Hedberg Joke: "This shirt is dry clean only. That means it's dirty." This school is cleaned by the students. That means it's dirty.

I think it'd be nice to use it as an employment opportunity and hire adult janitors to come clean the school outside of working hours, so it'd be cleaner around here, more locals could find employment, and the students could have more time to go be kids. Then again, if the janitors end up cleaning as effectively as most of the ajummas who cleaned my schools' bathrooms do/did, then the schools wouldn't be any cleaner than they are after the students clean them.  ;D

I always wondered what the point of the kids cleaning was. The place is usually just as filthy as when they started. Teamwork and responsibility over hard work and actual effort, I see. 8)
The World Ends With You

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #7677 on: March 21, 2018, 03:03:53 PM »
Yeah the old ladies just use the same cloth to wipe everything down anyway. Clean the toilets with it then wipe down the taps afterwards  :laugh:
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7678 on: March 21, 2018, 03:28:50 PM »
Oh, no doubt they do a terrible job but still when in Rome.
waygook.org user #nugunugu... OMG avec's picked up a steelchair! God almighty it's a steelchair to the skull. Good god. BANG. ANOTHER shot to the Cranium!

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #7679 on: March 22, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »
FML... My breaks were malfunctioning this morning. I couldn't press them in much on the pedal. Then after taking a cab to work I was late and while running into work my phone falls out of my pocket and the screen cracks. Icing on the cake.... my slippers broke also before first class.
Today is not my day.
Also found out problems with my pay last night. Keeps getting better!

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/