December 18, 2017, 04:52:27 PM

Author Topic: 30 month phone contracts  (Read 354 times)

Online curds

• Veteran
30 month phone contracts
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:47 PM »
Hello,

So on my last contract I was somehow signed up for a 30 month phone contract, but a 24 month contract with the company.

I went into my local phone shop to sign up for another contract and was quite explicit that wanted 24 months for both and he said fine no problem and I told him I will think about it. I then went to Seoul and asked a guy who spoke English if I can get a 24 month phone contract and he said no all companies in Korea only do 30.

Now, I'm not sure who to believe. I wanted a flagship phone so on the pricy side.

Offline FORHAIRkorea

• Veteran
  • Staying Positive
Re: 30 month phone contracts
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 03:16:44 PM »
I don't understand the discrepancy with your prior contract. Perhaps it's due to you paying a lower premium on your phone per month.

From my experience, the contract length was standard throughout (24 months or 30 months).
Also, you should definitely be able to choose which length you want but I guess the technicalities can differ by telecom company.

I'm currently on a 24 month contract which I recently re-signed with at Olleh KT, if that helps at all!

DISCLAIMER: I work at a Hair Transplant clinic in Gangnam, Seoul. I am not a doctor, but can provide information by request/PM.

I also love good food!

Online curds

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 03:24:18 PM »
Hey,

I lived on a remote island before with only one phone shop so I asked the guy working there for a 24 month contract, but I didn't know I was paying a lower premium on my phone so that meant I had to pay my phone over 30 months. I assumed by me saying 2 year contract they will calculate my phone premiums to be 2 years as well. I didn't think I needed to ask to make sure my phone will be completed the same time my contract does because it's not a practice in my home country.

I was with SKT before and it was LG U+ that told me the phone I wanted will be paid over 30 months by all companies.

Online gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
They probably do that because it increases the likelihood of you re-signing your phone contract and bundling them again. I think there will also be an option (based on KT's English site) to pay the remaining balance at the end of the telecom contract and keep your phone. That might be possible, too.