October 17, 2018, 03:26:44 AM

The 2018 Korea TESOL International Conference: Focus on Fluency
Meet new people. Learn new things. Become a better teacher! Join us October 13 & 14 for the 26th annual Korea TESOL International Conference at Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
koreatesol.org/ic2018

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1119471 times)

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7820 on: April 09, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »
lunchtime is 1230pm here. But teachers who don't work the before lunch period, have lunch from 12pm.

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7821 on: April 11, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »
I don't understand. Students seemed to get punished for the weirdest things here. Some girls at my second school were crying in the halls, and were ACTUALLY BEING PUNISHED for calling a delivery to the school auditorium. That actually makes sense but I didn't expect such a harsh reaction. And today, one student put his feet on the desk and my co-teacher was livid to the point of stopping my class.

But ya know, ignoring the English teacher and talking during the lesson are just fine.  :undecided:
The World Ends With You

Offline eujunseo

• Veteran
« Reply #7822 on: April 11, 2018, 05:28:29 PM »
I don't understand. Students seemed to get punished for the weirdest things here. Some girls at my second school were crying in the halls, and were ACTUALLY BEING PUNISHED for calling a delivery to the school auditorium. That actually makes sense but I didn't expect such a harsh reaction. And today, one student put his feet on the desk and my co-teacher was livid to the point of stopping my class.

But ya know, ignoring the English teacher and talking during the lesson are just fine.  :undecided:

That does seem a little bit harsh  :shocked:

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #7823 on: April 11, 2018, 05:35:52 PM »

I've noticed that. Things in my class are just responded to with "hahah yeah kids will be kids!!" but they screw up elsewhere and it's like "you must scrub the classroom on your knees for your insolence."

Offline eujunseo

• Veteran
« Reply #7824 on: April 11, 2018, 05:39:30 PM »

I've noticed that. Things in my class are just responded to with "hahah yeah kids will be kids!!" but they screw up elsewhere and it's like "you must scrub the classroom on your knees for your insolence."

Do they actually make their students do that? I've only seen such cases in movies  :huh:

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7825 on: April 12, 2018, 12:17:42 AM »
I am annoyed by eujunseo!!!!!!

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7826 on: April 12, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »
Chill the **** out

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #7827 on: April 12, 2018, 12:33:53 AM »
Chill the **** out
Are you replying to you?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7828 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:30 AM »
eujunseo..you are the definition of a twerp! One of my students asked me about that word just recently.....

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7829 on: April 12, 2018, 12:38:11 AM »
I don't know how to respond to people...on this site...C02, buddy..

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7830 on: April 12, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »
Chill the **** out
Are you replying to you?
Ahh I found out how to respond..., perhaps?

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7831 on: April 12, 2018, 12:47:01 AM »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #7832 on: April 12, 2018, 01:06:57 AM »
Chill the **** out
Are you replying to you?
I rock!
In this situation............... You are definitely replying to you. hahahahahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #7833 on: April 12, 2018, 01:39:07 AM »
Chill the **** out
Are you replying to you?
I rock!
In this situation............... You are definitely replying to you. hahahahahaha
Yes, my friend, I am!!! i figured it out on my own and it feels really good! C02 you are such a brat!!

Offline eujunseo

• Veteran
« Reply #7834 on: April 12, 2018, 01:51:55 AM »
I am annoyed by eujunseo!!!!!!

Here's what is supposedly a topic for posting hate comments against me:
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=113012.msg751330;topicseen#new
Hope you have a blast!  ;D

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7835 on: April 12, 2018, 07:49:32 AM »
WTF is it with people thinking native speakers are the weakest link that they can take advantage of?

The cupboards for slippers were reorganised such that I didn't have one. As a result, I got to work on Tuesday to find another teacher's slippers on top of mine. I immediately found a Korean English teacher and let her know how pissed I was. That worked, because the shoe cupboards were rearranged so that I had one by lunch.

Today, I get to work to find them rearranged again, although this time I do have a cupboard. However, there is already a pair of women's shoes and guest slippers in there. They are now on the floor, and they are going to be moved ever increasing distances from the shoe cupboard each time I find them in there. Or maybe I'll just wear my shoes.

Too many foreign teachers act like pathetic little mice in Korea. I wish people would make Koreans realise they can't screw us around just because we don't fit into their retarded 10th century hierarchy.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7836 on: April 12, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »
WTF is it with people thinking native speakers are the weakest link that they can take advantage of?

The cupboards for slippers were reorganised such that I didn't have one. As a result, I got to work on Tuesday to find another teacher's slippers on top of mine. I immediately found a Korean English teacher and let her know how pissed I was. That worked, because the shoe cupboards were rearranged so that I had one by lunch.

Today, I get to work to find them rearranged again, although this time I do have a cupboard. However, there is already a pair of women's shoes and guest slippers in there. They are now on the floor, and they are going to be moved ever increasing distances from the shoe cupboard each time I find them in there. Or maybe I'll just wear my shoes.

Too many foreign teachers act like pathetic little mice in Korea. I wish people would make Koreans realise they can't screw us around just because we don't fit into their retarded 10th century hierarchy.

I wear my shoes, and I quite like it. I was told originally that I needed slippers, but I said everyone walks outside with their slippers, so it is all dirty just the same. They just looked at me. I never bought slippers.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7837 on: April 12, 2018, 09:04:46 AM »
I can't be arsed with slippers anymore. I bought shoes for both indoor and outdoor use, but the truth is I never change them out, and no one has said anything to me about it, yet.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7838 on: April 12, 2018, 09:08:13 AM »
Not a teaching related rant but:
Sweet unholy raptor Jesus do I hate other people. I've gotten back into competitive Overwatch, and while I'm not that good (average as best), I've gone on a massive losing streak (25 losses in a row), most of which could have been avoided with just a bit of teamwork. I've dropped 2 tiers, and have almost dropped a 3rd, because people don't want to work together to try and win, they just do their own thing and ruin things for everyone else on the team. :\
This has put me in a very bad mood the last 2 days. >.<

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7839 on: April 12, 2018, 09:09:33 AM »
Does Overwatch do the clan thing or whatever?