October 17, 2018, 03:26:48 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1119471 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7600 on: March 09, 2018, 10:27:01 AM »
Was between 2 - 4 minutes late to work today, for something not in my control, and got in a lot of trouble. Even though, I have no classes today.
Well, yeah, you weren't diligent.  :laugh:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #7601 on: March 09, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »
How much trouble are we talking?
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7602 on: March 09, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
Was between 2 - 4 minutes late to work today, for something not in my control, and got in a lot of trouble. Even though, I have no classes today.

That's ridiculous. I'm not the best at timekeeping and I've never "got in a lot of trouble" for being late. The worst I get is a nagging that I just brush off. I do take my classes seriously though.

What happened exactly?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7603 on: March 09, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »

Enough that my boss was red in the face, while trying not to scream and yell at me, that I need to be on time.

That's ridiculous. I'm not the best at timekeeping and I've never "got in a lot of trouble" for being late. The worst I get is a nagging that I just brush off. I do take my classes seriously though.

What happened exactly?

The way I usually walk to work was cut off a bit (due to construction), so I had to back track and walk the long way around.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #7604 on: March 09, 2018, 10:52:13 AM »

Enough that my boss was red in the face, while trying not to scream and yell at me, that I need to be on time.

Ah, the Korean tradition of 'I'm having a bad day, let's share this bad feeling'.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7605 on: March 09, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »

Ah, the Korean tradition of 'I'm having a bad day, let's share this bad feeling'.

Yeah >.< wasn't a nice start to the day haha.

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #7606 on: March 09, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
Damn your boss sounds like a right ****. At least it's Friday?  :undecided:
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7607 on: March 09, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
Damn your boss sounds like a right ****. At least it's Friday?  :undecided:

He's usually really laid back and kind. I think he was just having a bad day :p
The rest of the day that we have chatted, we've gotten along as usual.

And yes. I'm very glad it is Friday! :D

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7608 on: March 09, 2018, 12:37:22 PM »
My VP at my main school is a complete f***ing doo doo head POS ass****. I want to scream!!

Nothing I have ever done over the last few years has ever been right. I will do things exactly as he says, and he changes his mind about everything about 5 times a year, and still no not good enough. I found out last week that he has badmouthed me to basically the entire staff at this school and others, despite the fact that he begged me to stay on this year.

I get along great with my CTs (homeroom teachers) and we were all chatting about after school classes etc and this MOFO starts going on at me about how I need to up my game and what are my plans on how I will teach this year. So I replied, well the books have changed but my teaching methods will be the same, so he says in front of everyone "maybe this year you can actually learn how to teach." I'm an actual teacher, more years experience than him... I want to scream.

I have literally reached boiling point and am ready to phone the POE and give in my 60 days notice.  Like what the hell is his problem?

I am seriously contemplating going to him and explaining to him that he must leave me alone or I will leave.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7609 on: March 09, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »
My VP at my main school is a complete f***ing doo doo head POS ass****. I want to scream!!

Nothing I have ever done over the last few years has ever been right. I will do things exactly as he says, and he changes his mind about everything about 5 times a year, and still no not good enough. I found out last week that he has badmouthed me to basically the entire staff at this school and others, despite the fact that he begged me to stay on this year.

I get along great with my CTs (homeroom teachers) and we were all chatting about after school classes etc and this MOFO starts going on at me about how I need to up my game and what are my plans on how I will teach this year. So I replied, well the books have changed but my teaching methods will be the same, so he says in front of everyone "maybe this year you can actually learn how to teach." I'm an actual teacher, more years experience than him... I want to scream.

I have literally reached boiling point and am ready to phone the POE and give in my 60 days notice.  Like what the hell is his problem?

I am seriously contemplating going to him and explaining to him that he must leave me alone or I will leave.

I am so sorry. It honestly sounds like he's just taking his frustrations and insecurities out on what he perceives is an easy target. Even jealousy, the way he keeps trying to put you "in your place." Definitely feels like he's threatened by you.

That level of disrespect is not okay, not even in Korean society. He's just been allowed to get away with it for far too long. How do the other teachers react to his behavior?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:46:57 PM by Chinguetti »

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #7610 on: March 09, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
I know it's easy to talk a big game and everyone's personal situation is different.....but if anyone I worked with talked to me that way I would not accept it. I would demand a public apology. Disgusting.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7611 on: March 09, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that. :'( No one deserves to be treated like that.

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7612 on: March 09, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »

Leave mate. Just leave. What's your dignity worth?

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #7613 on: March 09, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »

First, think about it again tomorrow.

Usually wankers like this are the same with every person, Koreans would probably just grin and bear shitty comments like that. 

Have you just started a new contract?  Have you accrued a load of severance?  Do you want to finish?  Sometimes, it's not worth working for a coont like this, as it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  IF you do want to finish then make sure you tell him that he is the reason and that you'll be notifying the education office and others further up why.  Actually, if you quit early you're obliged to write a notice letter, in that you can outline his wankiness.  As he is a VP at the moment, it could affect his chances of becoming a principal. 

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7614 on: March 09, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »

stuff like this is also why i'm leaving. had a d-bag principal like this in the past too. the guy would walk around just purposefully looking for things to complain about. no matter how perfect the classes were he'd always find some BS thing to complain about.

not saying people like this don't exist in the West, come across a few myself - but there just seems to be so many of them in korea. like they get their jollies from putting other people down and making them feel bad, and about complaining.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #7615 on: March 09, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
stuff like this is also why i'm leaving. had a d-bag principal like this in the past too. the guy would walk around just purposefully looking for things to complain about. no matter how perfect the classes were he'd always find some BS thing to complain about.

not saying people like this don't exist in the West, come across a few myself - but there just seems to be so many of them in korea. like they get their jollies from putting other people down and making them feel bad, and about complaining.

It's just that if you're old you can automatically become a principal, which is the dumbest shit idea.  My school had an exchange with a middle school in California and my school's teachers couldn't quite understand how the American principal was in his late thirties.  He was great to talk to, and clearly got his job on merit and after numerous interviews, however one of those merits not being his old age. 

There have been a couple of principals I've worked with, who have had an almost childish behaviour, which seems to be prevalent in Korea and mainly it is to just criticise without it being in any way useful or constructive. 

A few year back, I heard from one of my Korean friends that her elementary principal said that he wanted all the female teachers to have sexy haircuts.  :rolleyes:

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7616 on: March 09, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »

There have been a couple of principals I've worked with, who have had an almost childish behaviour, which seems to be prevalent in Korea and mainly it is to just criticise without it being in any way useful or constructive. 

yep. i've heard from many teachers that they get promoted because of how old they are and who they know, rather than on merit. then when they are principal, they take it easy as they know it's an easy road to retirement.

"the vice principal is almost old enough to become a principal" - what kind of dumb fucking rule is that

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #7617 on: March 09, 2018, 03:10:50 PM »
It's just that if you're old you can automatically become a principal, which is the dumbest shit idea.  My school had an exchange with a middle school in California and my school's teachers couldn't quite understand how the American principal was in his late thirties.  He was great to talk to, and clearly got his job on merit and after numerous interviews, however one of those merits not being his old age. 

I suppose if your school's teachers knew that France's current president was 39 (in Western age) when he took office, that would probably make their heads spin.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #7618 on: March 09, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »
I suppose if your school's teachers knew that France's current president was 39 (in Western age) when he took office, that would probably make their heads spin.
But it's okay because his age is balanced out by his wife's age.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7619 on: March 10, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
A few year back, I heard from one of my Korean friends that her elementary principal said that he wanted all the female teachers to have sexy haircuts.  :rolleyes:

Do you know where he works now? I haven't actually signed my new contract yet.