June 21, 2018, 12:38:00 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 999640 times)

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6720 on: September 06, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Wow, patronising one you are.
Nothing compares to the hypocrisy of a hypocritical hypocritical critic :)

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6721 on: September 06, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »
Too many coffees can't stop randomly clicking my mouse button and typing random shit on waygook.

Wow. Also too many coffees, and I swear I can hear your mouse clicking :huh:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6722 on: September 06, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »
You know the difference between messy and dirty I take it? You would if you'd ever had kids.
Heard.

Do you know the difference between ignorant and lazy?

The ignorant can be taught, but there is NO hope for the lazy.

From what jddavis posted, it sounded EXACTLY like the lazy, and not like someone who simply doesn't know any better.

I could be wrong, but...

This is the ranting/venting thread. Not the judge people you don't know thread :)
I specified and said I'm messy, not dirty. I can throw my clothes around my apartment all day. In what world can I get written up for piling my clothes on top of a suitcase?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:30:22 PM by jddavis7 »

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6723 on: September 06, 2017, 04:17:54 PM »
my landlady complained to my CoT how messy my room is because she had to enter to fix my toilet. Like, wtf, does it matter? Because of that my CoT felt it necessary to remind me that I need to clean the room before I left.
Nasty.

I've known "people" like you ;)

Like in the states, your landlord has every right to demand and expect that each tenant will maintain the property.

Consider yourself lucky that your landlord hasn't moved to issue you a written notice.

We are slumlords in the states and one of the biggest issues landlords face is tenants that fail to maintain clean and sanitary living conditions.

When renters, like you, fail to keep a place clean, it attracts rodents and other vermin.

We have never had to issue a "comply or quit notice", but your landlord would have every right to issue a notice to you.

Shame on you :)

You know the difference between messy and dirty I take it? You would if you'd ever had kids.

I almost didn't the apartment I have now because of the previous NET, and there isn't many places to rent where I am. The person I replaced here lived in the apartment for 3 years, and never cleaned a single time. My co-teacher showed me photos of how the apartment looked after the person vacated.

The person used one of the spare rooms to store full bags of rubbish, we had to throw away one of those plug in ovens, because it was so dirty and moldy on the inside, the chair my apartment has, I'm not sure if I should clean it and use it, or get them to remove it - the leather has lots of huge mold patches, but some parts look okay, there is a huge stain on the floor where some garbage fluids leaked from a bag, and the bathroom is so caked in dirt and stuff, that after 2 days of cleaning with a variety of cleaning stuff, I barely removed anything.

(Luckily, the school and landlady cleaned a lot before I moved in, but I still spent 80% of my free time cleaning everything during my first 2 weeks.)

Stuff like that I feel like the landlord has claims over.

This. I would say. is dirty. My apartment is admittedly messy, but I regularly clean it. I don't even keep fruit in my apartment from fears of attracting fruit flies. Methinks my landlady is just strict with foreigners since other tenants smoke in their rooms and vomit on the stairs and still live here...

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6724 on: September 06, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »
My first Korean apartment was literally held together by mold. We had to clean it out immediately after arriving. It felt more like mucking out a stall than cleaning, and we had to ask for them to take away a dead fridge full of the previous teacher's rotten food. August in Ulsan and it'd been in there for weeks...absolutely minging. Why would you bring in a new fridge and just leave the old one??

A few months later, my husband moved one of our suitcases away from the wall, and the whole thing was black on that side from mold. Brand-new suitcase. Thankfully, it was his school's apartment and not mine, so they actually called our landlord and helped us out. He said, "Oh, it's been taken care of, we put new wallpaper on!" Yeah, they just wallpapered over the mold.

So we move into a new place that had been occupied by some Korean girls before us. Was pretty okay except there was blood all over the bathroom. No matter how many times I scrubbed, I couldn't get all the bloodstains out. Or the mold. At least there wasn't visible mold in the living areas, though...

Welp, that's my Korean apartment story.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6725 on: September 06, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
i miss the time when pecan was muted

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6726 on: September 06, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »
:) Me, too.

To be clear, I made a joke about sugar causing cancer...that was all it took.

Perhaps your wish for me to be muted will get you the same ;)

I have a ton of extra work (editing projects, etc.) from tomorrow, so you should be good for a week, if not more.

Enjoy.

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #6727 on: September 06, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »

Wasn't your "cancer joke" wishing cancer death upon a fellow waygook poster? :lipsrsealed:

Wonder why that one didn't land.  Humour's a fickle beast~
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:22:14 PM by donovan »

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
« Reply #6728 on: September 07, 2017, 08:30:50 AM »

I wonder how many people on this forum know who that is.  :sad:
I do.

How old do you have to be?

I'm 45... any younger?

I'm 27, it's the Fonz. Never crossed my mind that people wouldn't know him. "Ayyyyy" with 2 thumbs up is referenced in so many shows/jokes/etc. He's kind of a meme since before meme's were a thing.

They used to play the show on Nick At Night as well
I'm 23. I actually got to meet the guy. He was going around bookstores promoting his books as he's working on children's stories.

In one of my classes, we were watching a video and they used the word irresistable so I had to explain that word. I used a picture of the Fonz...I mean, if any of you guys can think of a better example....(of course, I could definitely tell you my students had no idea who it was)
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #6729 on: September 07, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »

Wasn't your "cancer joke" wishing cancer death upon a fellow waygook poster? :lipsrsealed:

Ate a whole batch of chocolate rice crispy treats all by myself within the span of two nights.  Happy to report there is no sign of cancer! 

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
« Reply #6730 on: September 07, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »

Wow, what a truly disgraceful thing to say. He's been here so long his mind has rotted. Common human decency and empathy have all but dissolved. I imagine if he ever decided to step back into the western world he would experience reverse culture shock on an unprecedented scale, however that would be too much for him now. He's in too deep and his common decency have all but evaporated. The condescending, patronising comments he makes to others would come all the way round and apply to him.

To be honest, like Aurata, no one should pay him any attention.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6731 on: September 07, 2017, 09:28:48 AM »

Wow, what a truly disgraceful thing to say. He's been here so long his mind has rotted. Common human decency and empathy have all but dissolved. I imagine if he ever decided to step back into the western world he would experience reverse culture shock on an unprecedented scale, however that would be too much for him now. He's in too deep and his common decency have all but evaporated. The condescending, patronising comments he makes to others would come all the way round and apply to him.

To be honest, like Aurata, no one should pay him any attention.

Cheers Dave
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6732 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:01 AM »

The best Pecanism was when that South African couple fell of the balcony and died and Pecan just went "They deserved it because they didn't have insurance" without a morsel of compassion or thought.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6733 on: September 07, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »
Ate a whole batch of chocolate rice crispy treats all by myself within the span of two nights.  Happy to report there is no sign of cancer!
:)

Had any fairy bread lately?

These oversensitive types fail to grasp how context and their own point of view/prejudice muddy simple words.

Out the side of their mouth talk about empathy, etc., but can't follow the disposition of the one typing the words and taints them with their own baggage.

Just like the character above who is distorting what was actually written with how they "interpreted" what was stated...

No individual responsibility or accountability...

No idea how they function out in the "real" world.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6734 on: September 07, 2017, 10:06:07 AM »

These oversensitive types fail to grasp how context and their own point of view/prejudice muddy simple words.

Out the side of their mouth talk about empathy, etc., but can't follow the disposition of the one typing the words and taints them with their own baggage.

Just like the character above who is distorting what was actually written with how they "interpreted" what was stated...

If you're interested Korean medical insurance covers 90% of the cost of cancer treatment. That 10% could still cost you a lot of money though so have a word with Pecan about supplementary insurance in case you get cancer and don't wan't to be berated on your death bed or in the afterlife on waygook.

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
« Reply #6735 on: September 07, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »

The cliche "the feeling is mutual" fits perfectly here

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #6736 on: September 07, 2017, 10:30:54 AM »
Mate, you come across as one of the burn outs who has been here since the 1990s and has lost all concept (if you ever had it in the first place) of how normal people communicate. Your social awareness is trapped in suspended animation from 1992 or whenever it was you washed up here and then you wonder why everyone thinks you are a weirdo.

Honestly, out of all the anonymous posters on this site I think you are Aurata are the only 2 I wouldn't want to have a beer with. Even Martin would be a bit of laugh after a few pints.

*In before Pecan replys telling me he doesnt drink beer and it leads to rectal cancer and I'm irresponsible for blah blah
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6737 on: September 07, 2017, 10:39:04 AM »
If you're interested Korean medical insurance covers 90% of the cost of cancer treatment. That 10% could still cost you a lot of money though so have a word with Pecan about supplementary insurance in case you get cancer and don't wan't to be berated on your death bed or in the afterlife on waygook.
Thought your generation/type didn't feel the need and would simply start a "go fund me" account to pay for your poor life choices, rather than own up to any personal responsibility? ;)

We may need to get you to a "safe space" STAT...

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #6738 on: September 07, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
Mate, you come across as one of the burn outs who has been here since the 1990s and has lost all concept (if you ever had it in the first place) of how normal people communicate. Your social awareness is trapped in suspended animation from 1992 or whenever it was you washed up here and then you wonder why everyone thinks you are a weirdo.

Honestly, out of all the anonymous posters on this site I think you are Aurata are the only 2 I wouldn't want to have a beer with. Even Martin would be a bit of laugh after a few pints.

*In before Pecan replys telling me he doesnt drink beer and it leads to rectal cancer and I'm irresponsible for blah blah
Thank you.

As I have mentioned to you before, I am not your "mate" and don't quite follow why you'd bother to take the time to write what you just did above.

THAT to me is weird, ok?

Your words merely help to prove my point.  You have this idea of what you think I am/who I am (which is tainted by your life experience and distorts reality).  More importantly, you believe that I would actually give two squirts about what some random stranger has to say with regards to critiquing my posts.

Are you seriously unable to grasp that zola?

With regards to how these sort of threads devolve, you may well believe that it is OK/normal to live like a complete slob in a home that you do not own.  I get that.

I simply pointed out that owners have legal rights, etc.

You can disagree until you are blue in the face, but you would be on the wrong side of the law.

The OP clarified that the post didn't apply to her, which in the "real" world would be the end of it.  However, posters from the "peanut gallery" start chiming in "wish pecan were dead" etc. :)

And here we are...

Why don't you and the other sensitive kids simply focus on creating/writing something with content, rather than trying to be waygook's version of the "fashion" police?

Can you recognize the difference?

Rant/vent on...

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #6739 on: September 07, 2017, 11:15:36 AM »
Why don't you and the other sensitive kids simply focus on creating/writing something with content, rather than trying to be waygook's version of the "fashion" police?
I think most people would see you as a comedic oddity, if not for your nasty streak of wishing cancer on people, haranguing the dead etc.

Just answer this question, what year did you first come to Korea?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:18:12 AM by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018