October 19, 2018, 11:44:50 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1122769 times)

YoungMin

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1080 on: September 22, 2016, 09:07:32 AM »
Game's over, we have a winner. And possibly a bitter Man U fan.

Tell me what other job you could constantly fail at  but as long as the people in charge of personnel are happy, you get to keep your job?

Being Wayne Rooney?

If winning the premier league five times,champions league once, league cup twice and Fa cup once is what you call failing...

Not a fan of Utd by any means but i'd call that a pretty successful career

I'm sorry but if you think Wayne Rooney is a good player or has been a good player since 2010 you're not of a sound mind. He's pure shite.

Quinton Fortune has won the league 3 times with United.   
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:12:09 AM by AgentMichaelScarn »

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1081 on: September 22, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »

Tell me what other job you could constantly fail at  but as long as the people in charge of personnel are happy, you get to keep your job?

Being Wayne Rooney?

If winning the premier league five times,champions league once, league cup twice and Fa cup once is what you call failing...

I doubt he is talking career wise.  Even Fergie was trying to get rid of Rooney towards the end.  Moyes coming in and offering him 300 000 quid a week changed all of that.  He has been awful since he was 27, and that should be a player's peak years, instead he is playing every game and slowing everything down going through him.  As an Arsenal fan, I say let it continue because he is ruining the team.  Mourinho and United failing together!  Brilliant! 

Offline JackRoxby

• Veteran
« Reply #1082 on: September 22, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »

Being Wayne Rooney?

I doubt he is talking career wise.  Even Fergie was trying to get rid of Rooney towards the end.  Moyes coming in and offering him 300 000 quid a week changed all of that.  He has been awful since he was 27, and that should be a player's peak years, instead he is playing every game and slowing everything down going through him.  As an Arsenal fan, I say let it continue because he is ruining the team.  Mourinho and United failing together!  Brilliant!

Yeah I agree he should take a less role in their team nowadays. Marcus Rashford needs to start the kid is special!

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1083 on: September 22, 2016, 09:37:06 AM »

Being Wayne Rooney?

You have no idea how much i detest Man U(re)!

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1084 on: September 22, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »
Dang guys. DANG.

So, I've been buying the Homeplus brand Colombian Blend whole bean coffee for about four years. It's like 18,000 for 1kg, and it's seriously decent.

But I went in and I see this new McNulty Origin Colombian Supremo bag life and that life is 16,000 and it looks fancy, so I think "Dang! Gonna try a new thing instead of getting what has been totally satisfactory for four years. Maybe it will be better."

DANG! That was a mistake. It tastes like hella stale and gross, and like... dried out and acidic and it's terrible. Literally, instant coffee is better than this.

SO! Don't buy that wack life. Unless you like bad coffee. 'Cause it's bad.
+1
Only thing worse it their Hazelnut flavoured coffee.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1085 on: September 22, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »
Dang guys. DANG.

So, I've been buying the Homeplus brand Colombian Blend whole bean coffee for about four years. It's like 18,000 for 1kg, and it's seriously decent.

But I went in and I see this new McNulty Origin Colombian Supremo bag life and that life is 16,000 and it looks fancy, so I think "Dang! Gonna try a new thing instead of getting what has been totally satisfactory for four years. Maybe it will be better."

DANG! That was a mistake. It tastes like hella stale and gross, and like... dried out and acidic and it's terrible. Literally, instant coffee is better than this.

SO! Don't buy that wack life. Unless you like bad coffee. 'Cause it's bad.
+1
Only thing worse it their Hazelnut flavoured coffee.
Thanks for the advice y'all. I'm always looking for cheap coffee, but of course it has to be drinkable.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1086 on: September 22, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »
why is there always a freaking cleaning ajjuma in the men's bathrooms whenever i want to take a pee? doesn't matter which bathroom at my school i go to at which time but they're always there. like the freaking Batjjuma or Ajjuninja that just appears out of nowhere.

i wouldn't mind so much if the bathrooms were actually clean but they always seem filthy too  :undecided:

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1087 on: September 22, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
Dang guys. DANG.

I bought that for a couple of years, and liked it at 11,000W a Kilo.  Then it went up to 17,900W a Kilo but buy 1 get one free, so i stocked up.  Next thing i know, it is 18,400 a Kilo.  Almost double the price in a month.  I stopped buying it.  Now i get my coffee beans from Gmarket.  Cheaper, fresher and a huge selection.  i use this guy:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=817490134

Quick delivery, and the Vietnamese coffee is really good first thing.  I selected 6 different kinds (3kg altogether, and cost abou 35,000W).

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #1088 on: September 22, 2016, 01:59:06 PM »
why is there always a freaking cleaning ajjuma in the men's bathrooms whenever i want to take a pee? doesn't matter which bathroom at my school i go to at which time but they're always there. like the freaking Batjjuma or Ajjuninja that just appears out of nowhere.

i wouldn't mind so much if the bathrooms were actually clean but they always seem filthy too  :undecided:
I feel you.  This happens to me all the time too.  But, the worst is when she is not there and I go pee only to have her walk in, prop the door open (Which is right beside the urinal), and start cleaning behind me.  That makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1089 on: September 23, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »
#basedcowboyshirt: I completely agree. I hate co-teaching and it doesn't even necessarily have to do anything with the KT. I only dislike one co-teacher at the moment but that doesn't even matter. I just hate co-teaching--period.

yirj17: One of my co-teachers last year actually tried to correct my pronunciation one time in the middle of class. :rolleyes: I didn't even bother telling her how stupid that was; I think the look I gave her was enough to get the message across.

I was once told that it's incorrect to pronounce the 't' in 'badminton,' and that it should be pronounced 'badmin'on' with a glottal stop. I disagreed, and she said "You don't know because you didn't study this. You're just going by your instinct as a native speaker."

Wrap your head around that.

To be completely honest, I don't think anyone around me has ever pronounced it without the 't'... Your KT is stupid.

I've literally never heard it pronounced without the 't'. I mean, people don't always enunciate it well, but ain't nobody saying 'Gonna go play me some badminon.'

Anyways. These days my coteachers are rad. So, everything #based. My ring is a mansion.

I sometimes call it badmington by mistake. :P My elementary students picked up on that really quick this year (as I have a few students that love badminton) and had a good laugh at me. I had a laugh at myself as well, but quickly turned it around to make it into a life lesson about it being okay to make mistakes.
I have no idea why I do that though haha.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1090 on: September 26, 2016, 09:35:51 AM »
Today the coT couldn't even be arsed to keep track of points for a game we did in class. Instead of keeping tally on the board, her response was getting a piece of paper, handing it to the kids to keep track instead, and returning to sitting on her duff doing nothing. Like if she actually were doing paperwork or something I could have excused it but she literally sat and did nothing the rest of the class.

This from the coT who makes power plays during PPT presentations and speaking practice. So you wanna try and take over everything except when I actually ask you to do something.  :rolleyes:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1091 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
I hate when a Korean person gets all excited and asks me if I watch some obnoxious western youtuber who "brings/explains Korean culture" to the west. I watched that crap before I got here, and it was just full of useless pandering stereotypes that did nothing to explain or illuminate what it's like to live in Korea.

Those youtube channels seem to be only for koreaboos or actual Koreans who get off on westerners "loving their culture" but it's all just surface crap. Korean chicken and beer! Wow so delicious~ Now, let's do a video on fighting for sick days from your school or trying to make it home through "street pizza" covered streets while old men yell at you and some desperate guy tries to follow you home.  They don't actually go into age dynamics, work culture, gender roles, drinking culture etc. They just leave it at the surface level cutesy stuff. I get it, it's just for entertainment, and the youtubers would probably get a lot of flack for being racist or intolerant if they framed things in a negative light, but why oh why after experiencing what it's really like to live here would I want to watch someone sugar coat it for the uninformed masses?

I usually just lie and say I watch it so they don't whip out their phones and try and make me watch it on the spot. Is watching an Irish person eating spicy ramen really that exciting to them? There are plenty of Koreans who can't eat the spicy ramen as well. I'm sure they don't giggle with delight when their friends say something is too spicy. Yeah, pass.

I hate them (the videos). Every time I watch one for whatever reason, I cringe through the whole thing.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1092 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:33 AM »
I hate when a Korean person gets all excited and asks me if I watch some obnoxious western youtuber who "brings/explains Korean culture" to the west. I watched that crap before I got here, and it was just full of useless pandering stereotypes that did nothing to explain or illuminate what it's like to live in Korea.

Those youtube channels seem to be only for koreaboos or actual Koreans who get off on westerners "loving their culture" but it's all just surface crap. Korean chicken and beer! Wow so delicious~ Now, let's do a video on fighting for sick days from your school or trying to make it home through "street pizza" covered streets while old men yell at you and some desperate guy tries to follow you home.  They don't actually go into age dynamics, work culture, gender roles, drinking culture etc. They just leave it at the surface level cutesy stuff. I get it, it's just for entertainment, and the youtubers would probably get a lot of flack for being racist or intolerant if they framed things in a negative light, but why oh why after experiencing what it's really like to live here would I want to watch someone sugar coat it for the uninformed masses?

I usually just lie and say I watch it so they don't whip out their phones and try and make me watch it on the spot. Is watching an Irish person eating spicy ramen really that exciting to them? There are plenty of Koreans who can't eat the spicy ramen as well. I'm sure they don't giggle with delight when their friends say something is too spicy. Yeah, pass.

Same!!  I've lost count of the amount of times a Korean person has taken their phone out to show me a "funny" video (usually 영국남자  :rolleyes:).  Fake laughing takes up so much of my energy.

I'm all for watching videos of foreigners speaking Korean.  It could be really inspiring for those that don't.  But I want to hear them speaking normally and not putting on that stupid over the top, whiny voice they all do. 

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1093 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »
I work at a Chinese school in Korea and they are constantly having meetings during lunch hour. We have already had maybe 6 meetings this school year, and it only just started third week of August. The meetings are entirely in Chinese and no one bothers to translate for me. I sit there for an hour, fairly blatantly on my phone on FB, but still nothing. I have started asking if I can skip them, because I never have any idea what is going on and no one tells me, but I just get told that everyone goes.  :rolleyes: Its such a waste of time.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #1094 on: September 26, 2016, 10:02:13 AM »
HaLo,

I was told the same thing years ago, so I showed up and feigned interest.

After several weeks, I decided to stay in my office to see what would happen.

Not a word was mentioned.

Perhaps you could give it a try and see.

Hang tough.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1095 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
HaLo,

I was told the same thing years ago, so I showed up and feigned interest.

After several weeks, I decided to stay in my office to see what would happen.

Not a word was mentioned.

Perhaps you could give it a try and see.

Hang tough.
Haha, I tried that for the last meeting two weeks ago and I got an urgent kakao message reminding me of the meeting. So unfortunately, that won't work, but thanks for the thought.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1096 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:26 AM »
That's too bad.

In the beginning the admin. creep tried to tell me there was a meeting and to go. I told him I don't understand Korean and that was the end of it. Amazingly that git actually was sensible in that situation. Though everyone else was already logical enough to not even bother me about going.

What a waste of time, that really stinks. Least you got your phone though, eh?

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1097 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:33 AM »
All this free time and I couldn't be more unproductive if I tried. The hell is wrong with me?

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #1098 on: September 26, 2016, 10:12:43 AM »
All this free time and I couldn't be more unproductive if I tried. The hell is wrong with me?
Story of my life...suffering from ADHD can be a real drag.

The only time I'm ever productive is when no one else is around or I'm under pressure.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1099 on: September 26, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »
Did lesson 10 with the grade 6s and 5s. Then I get to Grade 4 and start doing lesson 10 and coT makes a big deal about how "she's not done with lesson 9 yet and don't you have any materials for lesson 9." FFS how are you already behind with a grade!? I've already done 2 classes on lesson 9 with every grade!! And I only see each class once a week! Maybe if you didn't declare 5 - 10 minutes of free time at the beginning of every class with these kids you wouldn't be so behind. I feel like if she does that with my classes, she'll do it with her own solo classes too.

And now she's on the computer again. Obviously she just mangled the whole class so she could get more precious computer time at the expense of the children.  >:( >:( I would rather she just not show up at all but the way things are set up she has to be in the classroom or it'll be obvious she's not doing anything (English room at one school, go to each individual homeroom at our travel school).