August 20, 2018, 04:49:28 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 745796 times)

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #660 on: April 08, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »
Today I was coming into my second school during lunch time, some of the boys were outside playing soccer and some teachers were walking around the field, as it is a beautiful day here.  Cue one of the kinda goofy boys booting the ball as hard as he could and the ball soars through the air, whacking one of the teachers in the head. She was fine but the entire schoolyard froze and I felt so awkward and everyone was watching.... it was kinda funny though and a lot of ths students were trying not to laugh ㅋㅋ  :laugh:

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #661 on: April 08, 2016, 02:33:23 PM »
Sitting here thinking about staying one more year.  I know when I go back home to stay I should focus on career.  I don't want to go back to teaching in the US.  I wish the economy were better and things were more certain.  Have taken MBTI tests and thought about my strengths and weaknesses. 

In other ramblings, beautiful day here.  My CoTs and I took pictures with cherry blossoms.  I like my school.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #662 on: April 08, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
When I was walking near the lake in Gunpo (Banwol Lake) last weekend, I noticed this!

http://imgur.com/a/soPhT Yes, my photos.

Wow! I used to live in Kingston, ON (an hour away) when I was a lad and have been to Belleville on a number of occasions. I thought, wow, neat.

There is also a girl in Grade 6 who always comes directly after lunch to my office and chats with me. She's super nice and her English is pretty damn good.

Well, it turns out that Gunpo and Belleville being friendship cities has its perks! This student will be going there for 3 weeks in July as a part of a culture exchange program! Kids from Belleville also get to come here.

The world is really cool sometimes.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #663 on: April 11, 2016, 12:50:08 PM »
This didn't fit anywhere else, so i'm putting it here:

During lunch my school has lkarge TVs that they put on near the teachers' tables.

I feel like I'm the only person who saw the ad for an at-home anal probing kit :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Offline mrc45

• Super Waygook
« Reply #664 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »

During lunch my school has lkarge TVs that they put on near the teachers' tables.

I feel like I'm the only person who saw the ad for an at-home anal probing kit :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

You can't post that here!!! It's Monday!!!

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #665 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »

Lol. 

Today I was the only person at my all-girls school who saw a small mouse run around for a few seconds and jump into a crack in the floor.  I can't even imagine the screams if they had seen it. 

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #666 on: April 11, 2016, 12:55:25 PM »

You can't post that here!!! It's Monday!!!
Field trip and national holiday tomorrow and Wednesday.  It's basically Friday for me.  8)

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #667 on: April 11, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »
Today I was the only person at my all-girls school who saw a small mouse run around for a few seconds and jump into a crack in the floor.  I can't even imagine the screams if they had seen it.

Years ago I had a cooking class at one of my countryside middle schools.  I came in early to prepare and make sure things were clean and ready for cooking.  As anyone knows the school cooking rooms are disgusting, dusty grimey places.  I was checking around for some utensils by opening drawers and cupboards.  I opened one drawer and sat there was a rat, he was pretty big, but he saw me and then legged it.  I closed the drawer sharpish.  A little later during the class while I was showing the students how to do the cooking, I caught the rat in the corner of my eye he was just running around the edge of the classroom.  Korea + kitchen hygiene = Never

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #668 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:14 AM »
My main school principal called me today... Good thing I had his number or I probably would have ignored it. He was wondering where I was-- err, at the same travel school I'm at every week...

His English is pretty limited so after the call I just messaged my main coTabout it. Turns out he just wanted to lunch with the teachers who work today lol

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #669 on: April 12, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »
Today is basically a Friday... That's nice...
The equivalent of two Fridays in 1 week... I like that...   :azn:

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #670 on: April 12, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »

Nice? Haha! It's freaking excellent!  ;D It's so unlike you to post and hold back on the passion!  :wink:
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #671 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »

Nice? Haha! It's freaking excellent!  ;D It's so unlike you to post and hold back on the passion!  :wink:

Err... Not sure if sarcastic or if I was passionate or not? I R confused.  :undecided:

Oh and you have a picture now?  :shocked:

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #672 on: April 12, 2016, 11:10:45 AM »
My regular lift at my main school can't pick me up this week, but my main co-teacher offered to pick me up from the bus terminal (in the town 'next to' mine). I had to get out of bed earlier than usual and trek off to my town's terminal and I arrived about 20 minutes before my lift was going to pick me up. I'm not a morning person - at all - but this unusual situation provided me with the opportunity to pop into the bakery I usually only walk past.

I bought some ice coffee and a danish, sat at a table and read Anna Karenina while waiting for my lift. I usually start my day grumpy and dehydrated and I dawdle like it's my business. This morning, however, I felt glorious  ;D

Happy "Friday"!
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #673 on: April 12, 2016, 11:15:39 AM »

Err... Not sure if sarcastic or if I was passionate or not? I R confused.  :undecided:

Oh and you have a picture now?  :shocked:

Not sarcastic  :azn: You did use positive words like "nice" and "like", but I would have expected you to say "amazing!", "glorious!", "fantastic!", "love!" and "excitednessment!" (Okay, maybe I didn't expect you to say the last one).

Yes, it is Hermione  ;D

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #674 on: April 12, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »
My regular lift at my main school can't pick me up this week, but my main co-teacher offered to pick me up from the bus terminal (in the town 'next to' mine). I had to get out of bed earlier than usual and trek off to my town's terminal and I arrived about 20 minutes before my lift was going to pick me up. I'm not a morning person - at all - but this unusual situation provided me with the opportunity to pop into the bakery I usually only walk past.

I bought some ice coffee and a danish, sat at a table and read Anna Karenina while waiting for my lift. I usually start my day grumpy and dehydrated and I dawdle like it's my business. This morning, however, I felt glorious  ;D

Happy "Friday"!

I would love to be doing this right now, but with my GRE practice sets. :cry: But the iced coffee and danish sound so good right now.

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #675 on: April 12, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »

Happy "Friday"!

I would love to be doing this right now, but with my GRE practice sets. :cry: But the iced coffee and danish sound so good right now.

I might have seen you mention the GRE in another thread, but I had no idea what that was. I just looked it up so I understand the gravity of this situation. Eek! Best of luck. It sounds like a stressful, but ultimately worthwhile, undertaking.

And you can also spoil yourself with iced coffee and danishes (danishs; danishi; danishum? I kid) in celebration after taking the exam!

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #676 on: April 12, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

Happy "Friday"!

I might have seen you mention the GRE in another thread, but I had no idea what that was. I just looked it up so I understand the gravity of this situation. Eek! Best of luck. It sounds like a stressful, but ultimately worthwhile, undertaking.

And you can also spoil yourself with iced coffee and danishes (danishs; danishi; danishum? I kid) in celebration after taking the exam!

I definitely did mention it a few times :laugh: The exam is in two and a half weeks, and I've been studying for a couple of months now so I should do okay... I hope... I'm going to a coffeeshop after work today, but none of the ones near my place have danishes (or is danishs; danishi; danishum? :P ) and I don't really want to waste my time taking the bus to go to a bigger coffeeshop when there's studying to be done!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #677 on: April 12, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »
I know it's not Friday but a quick question...

If you pay for your own apartment here, is it really your responsibility to find the next tenant if you want your key money back??

So you could potentially not get it back if you/the landlord can't find a new tenant?

:huh:

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #678 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »

If you pay for your own apartment here, is it really your responsibility to find the next tenant if you want your key money back??

So you could potentially not get it back if you/the landlord can't find a new tenant?

Depends on the wording in the contract, I'd imagine.  Maybe post it in LOFT and see what they say; people there probably have more experience with it?  Not sure  :sad:

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #679 on: April 12, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »

Depends on the wording in the contract, I'd imagine.  Maybe post it in LOFT and see what they say; people there probably have more experience with it?  Not sure  :sad:

Fortunately not my situation but I read so many posts in classifieds from people needing someone to take over their apartment (so they can get the key money back).

I'd hate to think I wouldn't immediately get my 5-10 million straight back after moving out of a place.  Scary stuff!!