November 19, 2018, 02:15:48 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 814610 times)

Offline koreakorea

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4500 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »
Does anyone else have a red day on their school calendar for next Wednesday 20th December?

대통령선거예정일 - "Expected date of the president" (Naver translation).

I assume this is just out of date info and we don't actually get a day off.  Or is their some kind of presidential ceremony I don't know about  :laugh: haha?

CTs are all out on a field trip so I can't ask anyone  :lipsrsealed:

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4501 on: December 12, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »
Does anyone else have a red day on their school calendar for next Wednesday 20th December?

대통령선거예정일 - "Expected date of the president" (Naver translation).

I assume this is just out of date info and we don't actually get a day off.  Or is their some kind of presidential ceremony I don't know about  :laugh: haha?

CTs are all out on a field trip so I can't ask anyone  :lipsrsealed:
It was supposed to be election date. But since the impeachment and election happened in May, this day has been cancelled.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4502 on: December 12, 2017, 01:17:45 PM »
Yeah unfortunately that red day doesn't mean anything anymore. Our MOE sent out an email to everyone making it clear we are to show up that day    :police: :cry:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:20:30 PM by DMZabductee »

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4503 on: December 12, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »
So now that is just phantom red day, whose only task is to taunt us. Though Christmas and New Years red days right around the corner.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4504 on: December 12, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »
Skipped lunch, small breakfast, so I'm starving.

Now all I want is chicken.

I'm going to buy some of that sweet potato 찜닭 that I love so much. I deserve it today.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4505 on: December 12, 2017, 01:55:58 PM »
I really like my class.  Instead of being competitive, everyone's friendly.  Though, nearly half the class are repeats apparently, so I wonder about the success rate... business first, education second?  :undecided:

We're only on the 2nd day of week 2 and we're nearly done with chapter 5...  10 weeks of class per semester and 20 chapters in the book.  I'm doing okay so far but I feel bad for the straight up beginners. 

Chinese triad is trying to teach me Chinese.  Guess I may as well pick some up?  :laugh:  Formed an alliance with Japan and Russia has extended an invitation.  Friendly talks with Cuba and Taiwan as well.  Uzbekistan remains quiet... nobody shares a common tongue.  Poor Uzbekistan. 

Offline DivineDimSum

• Adventurer
« Reply #4506 on: December 12, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »
Chinese triad is trying to teach me Chinese.  Guess I may as well pick some up?  :laugh:  Formed an alliance with Japan and Russia has extended an invitation.  Friendly talks with Cuba and Taiwan as well.  Uzbekistan remains quiet... nobody shares a common tongue.  Poor Uzbekistan.

..wat?  :blank:
Bwaa

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4507 on: December 12, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »

..wat?  :blank:

Students with various cultural and / or national backgrounds.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4508 on: December 12, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »
Has anyone checked on Pecan? I hope he hasn't popped his clogs.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4509 on: December 12, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »
Has anyone checked on Pecan? I hope he hasn't popped his clogs.

Cracked his nut more likely.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4510 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
I have some special soju I want to send my brother for Christmas. It's not something he'd be able to get easily in the States.

Has anyone recently mailed alcohol from Korea to the States? I've read here and there that some users never had any problems with it as long as they were vague on the customs form, but I wanted some more recent feedback on it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4511 on: December 13, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
I have some special soju I want to send my brother for Christmas. It's not something he'd be able to get easily in the States.

Has anyone recently mailed alcohol from Korea to the States? I've read here and there that some users never had any problems with it as long as they were vague on the customs form, but I wanted some more recent feedback on it.

I've sent some of the plastic bottles, I was worried about that too but I guess it was fine. I sent 2. I also put them as "Korean Drink" on the form and I also sent my friend some cigarettes as "Ice Blast sticks"  ;D

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4512 on: December 13, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
I just got shooshed by my third grade class because I told them it was time to finish class.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4513 on: December 13, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »

I've sent some of the plastic bottles, I was worried about that too but I guess it was fine. I sent 2. I also put them as "Korean Drink" on the form and I also sent my friend some cigarettes as "Ice Blast sticks"  ;D

Thanks. I'm sending a single glass/ceramic bottle, but I'll be wrapping it in a ton of bubble wrap and sticking it in its own gift-wrapped box to put inside a bigger box stuffed with other snacks and gifts. Pretty sure it'll be okay, then. xD

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4514 on: December 13, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »
I've had several boys come into my classroom at various times of the day to ask me to marry them, today.

I wonder how long they've been planning this. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4515 on: December 13, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »

No, but shipping costs back to America have reeeeally gone up since last Christmas. I mailed my mom a fleece vest and it was just over 30,000. Last year I mailed her a heavy box of skin care, coffee, and a couple of rocks, and it was maybe 15,000.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4516 on: December 13, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
No, but shipping costs back to America have reeeeally gone up since last Christmas. I mailed my mom a fleece vest and it was just over 30,000. Last year I mailed her a heavy box of skin care, coffee, and a couple of rocks, and it was maybe 15,000.
Rocks? Don't they got rocks where your mom lives?

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4517 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What kind of rocks did you send her?????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4518 on: December 13, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What kind of rocks did you send her?????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Liancourt rocks? 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4519 on: December 13, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free