January 17, 2018, 05:14:55 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 463918 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4380 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »
Travel to Busan, I'll buy you a drank  :-*

CO2 eats one partial chili cutlet and every lady is all up ons.

Come with me next time. We'll duke it out! It's not poison, it actually cleans out your colon pretty well. Consider it an organic colon flush, hahahaha.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4381 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure I could eat it, but I'm sure my stomach would regret it after.

Sooooooo NOT #based behaviour.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4382 on: November 07, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »
I'll meet you in.............

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4383 on: November 07, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
I've actually been so busy the last few weeks I haven't had any time to work on planning my vacation. I'm not complaining about the work exactly, it's nice to actually have things to do, but I'm so used to using my down time to plan trips, it feels weird to not have anything done yet, except know the location.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4384 on: November 07, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »
Textbook: "Do you know about (Korean Thing)" "It's a traditional Korean (explanation in English)."

Student 1: "Do you know about Pororo? It's a traditional Korean Penguin."

Student 2: Character!! 바보~~~~~~

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4385 on: November 07, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
CO2 maybe if you'd finished that hot chilli cutlet, the girls would be all over you!!  :-* :laugh:

I'm gonna go back and try again. Love to have ya! haha

I think I'm gonna cool it on the dating for a while. I'm just not interested in all the people I'm paying for dinner for. Sure I get drinks paid for at 2차, (that's how I roll) but it's still a drain and I'm just not interested.

I'll figure myself out before I jump into anything. I used to travel a lot to different places on the weekends, but now I find I go to the same bars and drink the same shit. I love my friends, and I love going out for beers, but I need to balance that with the explorer in me who just can't activate if I'm hungover all the time.

CO2 eats one partial chili cutlet and every lady is all up ons.

Ahahahah!!  I am actually so averse to spicy things.  I just took the opportunity to be saucy~  :laugh:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4386 on: November 09, 2017, 06:59:00 AM »
My activity group yesterday had a trip to Paju, leaving very early in the morning.  Usually, when I come to school and the students have a trip there are always police at the school, and wondered why.  Yesterday, I saw that they are there to breathlise the drivers to see if they still have high levels of alcohol in their blood.   :huh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4387 on: November 09, 2017, 07:45:42 AM »
My activity group yesterday had a trip to Paju, leaving very early in the morning.  Usually, when I come to school and the students have a trip there are always police at the school, and wondered why.  Yesterday, I saw that they are there to breathlise the drivers to see if they still have high levels of alcohol in their blood.   :huh:
Huh, I went to Paju, too, on a teacher's trip to the Art Village across the way from the Eng village.

:-* (but the nice one) "Kevin, you can pick any art museum  you want! Look, they even have an erotic art one!"

:police: Haha, that sounds interesting, I'll do that.

VP: Who's going to the porcelain museum?

*Everyone but me*

VP: Kevin, where are you going?

:police:  :-[ The erotic art one?

VP: Oh, I see.  :huh: Enjoy.

FML

Also, the campus for Paju Eng Vill is ridiculous.

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4388 on: November 09, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
Does the Paju English Village still have a pub?  I thought someone had said it closed down.  On my one school trip there they just let me go wander.  I wouldn't want to have worked/lived there but they put a lot of bucks into that place.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4389 on: November 09, 2017, 07:58:15 AM »
Does the Paju English Village still have a pub?  I thought someone had said it closed down.  On my one school trip there they just let me go wander.  I wouldn't want to have worked/lived there but they put a lot of bucks into that place.

I saw they had a British Pub Museum. But everything was closed so no idea what that actually means. haha

Also, the campus is the definition of garish. I took so many pics. It's f'in amazing. They have a mock Stonehenge FFS 

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #4390 on: November 09, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »
Also, the campus for Paju Eng Vill is ridiculous.

Haha, yeah -- it was, by far, the largest English village I've ever seen in Korea.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4391 on: November 09, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »

I saw they had a British Pub Museum. But everything was closed so no idea what that actually means. haha

Also, the campus is the definition of garish. I took so many pics. It's f'in amazing. They have a mock Stonehenge FFS

Yeh, the 'pub museum' didn't appear to be open.  My co-teachers thought the whole thing was lovely.  But if you've been abroad and seen the real stuff, the cheap copies like this are not really that interesting.  Like 지중해마을 in Cheonan, which is supposed to look like Santorini in Greece.  Nothing like it.  Terrible rubbish.

We went for coffee in some famous announcers coffee shop.  Hwang Yong In, I think.  He had a ridiculous setup of vinyl and vintage speakers there with a stage where they have jazz and classical performances.  He came over and chatted for a bit.  All very nice.  With modern day MP3s, I made me really miss fingering through cds and vinyl.  I used to love that.  MP3s have lost that fun. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4392 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »

Yeh, the 'pub museum' didn't appear to be open.  My co-teachers thought the whole thing was lovely.  But if you've been abroad and seen the real stuff, the cheap copies like this are not really that interesting.  Like 지중해마을 in Cheonan, which is supposed to look like Santorini in Greece.  Nothing like it.  Terrible rubbish.

More like 진정해마을, amirite?  :cheesy:

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4393 on: November 09, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
It sounds like Dave Sttepz and CO2 were mere meters apart throughout the day.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4394 on: November 09, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »

They only missed each other cause CO2 was wearing his reflective wrap-around shades so Dave Stepz avoided him  :cheesy:

Went to an English village yesterday with my students.  One of the foreign teachers there was teaching with reflective wrap-around shades on.  Who the hell teaches with shades on?

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4395 on: November 09, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »
I was there in 2009 and it wasn't a pub museum, but an actual functioning pub serving food and drinks. 

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4396 on: November 09, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »

They only missed each other cause CO2 was wearing his reflective wrap-around shades so Dave Stepz avoided him  :cheesy:

Went to an English village yesterday with my students.  One of the foreign teachers there was teaching with reflective wrap-around shades on.  Who the hell teaches with shades on?

I heard that CO2 is so cool that the shades wear him.  Not sure what that means, but I've written it now, and I'm not going to go back and delete.  So there it is.  Right. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4397 on: November 09, 2017, 10:27:32 AM »
I heard that CO2 is so cool that the shades wear him.  Not sure what that means, but I've written it now, and I'm not going to go back and delete.  So there it is.  Right.

Are you throwing shade? Let me frame it through a lens you can understand, for clarity's sake. We almost made contact, but the optics weren't great. It wasn't an oversight, it was nearsightedness.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4398 on: November 09, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »

Are you throwing shade? Let me frame it through a lens you can understand, for clarity's sake. We almost made contact, but the optics weren't great. It wasn't an oversight, it was nearsightedness.

In my vision of the garden, even though the irises were abundant and the pupils that I went with were not lazy, I began to wonder.  However, in the cornea of the building I was not blind to the shades on the teacher. 

:sad: 

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4399 on: November 09, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

In my vision of the garden, even though the irises were abundant and the pupils that I went with were not lazy, I began to wonder.  However, in the cornea of the building I was not blind to the shades on the teacher. 

:sad:
This thread is amazing! lol
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.