November 17, 2018, 01:54:16 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 812665 times)

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3840 on: July 14, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »
Yeah making sure the awkward info is out of the way before makes it easier to compromise and not feel pushed into anything. Who is paying what, what kinda cleaning schedule, food cost/prep, just put it all out there.

Luckily my once a week full clean of the place has worked really well. Both just clean till it's done. One person cooks and the other cleans the dishes. We have a joint account that we use for buying food or for dates.  Being on the same page really lowers the stress of living with someone. Especially so close (most of us have 1 rooms I assume).

donovan

« Reply #3841 on: July 14, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »
Are you ever on the subway and you see another foreigner and you're just like, "That is so #basedcowboy/piggydee/donovan/Pecan?"

Of course you'd recognize me; I've revealed my most intimate parts to you. But have you ever seen me, BCS, Ms. Piggy, and Mr. Nut all on the same subway at once?

Actually, I wish you would expand on that thought and explain what behavior seemed to you donovan-like (Donovan-worthy? 8)). I thought we were all pretty tight, but then BCS posted something during my Great Shaming that made me question how well you all really know me.

When you miss the bus to your rural school that costs what feels like a week's wages to get to by taxi, so you take a taxi to a bus stop that is easy to communicate to the driver only to find out that the car is a 20-year-old stick shift that the driver doesn't even come close to knowing how to max out, and you just BARELY beat the bus to the stop when you should have been at least 10 minutes ahead of it.

It was also seriously the jerkiest ride I've experienced in Korea so far. Didn't have my dramamine to deal with it, either, and I'm still fighting off the headache that came with the motion sickness.

Shitty way to start the week off. But at least most of my classes are getting taken over by other teachers so that they can help the students review/cram for their upcoming exams.

Dear Waygook.org user Chinguetti - that sucks. I'll cheer you up! Guess which waygook.org user each of these various fictional replies is from!

1. "You should've known better. Expecting a taxi driver to somehow race a bus and then get on the bus and go to school isn't realistic. Do you think every taxi driver likes to drive fast? Do you think all taxis are brand new automatic transmissions? Just wake up a few minutes earlier and these things won't happen to you."

2. "Taxis in Korea are the best. Taxi drivers in Korea are the best. The bus system here is the best. If you don't like it, why are you here? Consider trying to understand Korea a bit better before you blindly criticize it."

3. "You must be stressed out. Would a massage help? I was partying all weekend so I'm a bit tired, but I could come over and help you relax."

4. "Dang, that sucks. I hope you get some #based relaxation time."

5. "You are SO RIGHT. Korean TAXI drivers are tHE WORsT! Next TIME one of THEM is going TOO SLoW just say PAL EE PAL EE KA JOO SAY OH PAL EE PAL EE and he might HURry UP!"

6. " :afro: :afro: :afro:

7. "Korean taxi drivers are racist!!! I was waiting for a taxi and I was constantly refused because I'm a foreigner!! All Korean taxi drivers always ignore all foreigners. Why are Korean taxi drivers so rude? In western countries, taxi drivers are respectful and professional? Why do they discriminate based on my race? I am fluent in Korean, but they pretend not to understand me! All Koreans refuse service to foreigners and treat foreigners like second-class citizens!!"

8. "I've definitely had some rough cab rides out in the country, but luckily it doesn't happen too often. My wife and I generally get lucky and our taxi drivers are pretty nice. Hope you feel better, soon!"

(Eight) was supposedly me, but that's totally Tony Teacher talk! Reading of Chinguetti's taxi tribulations now, I'm having a hard time thinking of a two-line throw-away response that is both utterly unhelpful and sufficiently clever enough to amuse myself, so I probably would have just skipped it. And I hope you would know that by now. :cry:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:09:11 PM by donovan »

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
« Reply #3842 on: July 14, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday, everyone is looking forward to the weekend, weekend
I don't know who new waygook.org user SteveBruce is, but so far his posts are all A+ quality.

I smiled reading your kind compliments as I sipped my wonton soup ;)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3843 on: July 14, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »
When it comes out later, is that wanton abandon?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3844 on: July 14, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
When it comes out later, is that wanton abandon?

Much like your commentary, as you are wont to spewing?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3845 on: July 14, 2017, 02:23:43 PM »

Am I not safe in the pointless Friday ramblings thread?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3846 on: July 14, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »

I was trying to jump on the pun train :sad: I should have used an emoticon.  No offense intended

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #3847 on: July 14, 2017, 02:32:14 PM »
But have you ever seen me, BCS, Ms. Piggy, and Mr. Nut all on the same subway at once?

So what you're saying is that Mr. Nut got muted because he punched Piggydee? Or am I mixing up who's who in that picture?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3848 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:59 PM »

I was trying to jump on the pun train :sad: I should have used an emoticon.  No offense intended
HAhahahaha, I was thinking, "Old yirj17 and I get on fairly well, are they taking the piss?"

LOL  :police:

Maybe I'm too sensitive because it's 3:30 on a Friday.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

donovan

« Reply #3849 on: July 14, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
But have you ever seen me, BCS, Ms. Piggy, and Mr. Nut all on the same subway at once?

So what you're saying is that Mr. Nut got muted because he punched Piggydee? Or am I mixing up who's who in that picture?

Nah, I'm as curious as anyone why Pecan got muted. Kinda feels strange knowing that he's probably reading everything we're saying about him right now behind a mask of silence... :lipsrsealed:

I'm pretty sure that's Mayor Haggar in the background giving a pile-driver to aurata, tho~

donovan

« Reply #3850 on: July 14, 2017, 02:41:33 PM »

I want on!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3851 on: July 14, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »

HAhahahaha, I was thinking, "Old yirj17 and I get on fairly well, are they taking the piss?"

LOL  :police:

Maybe I'm too sensitive because it's 3:30 on a Friday.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Jolly good.  In retrospect I ought to have made a quip about spewing from the other end.  But it's nearly the weekend and my brain is already absent. 

In pointless Friday ramblings, today's lunch was wonton soup!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3852 on: July 14, 2017, 02:45:17 PM »

I want on!

Careful there mate.  Once you want on you won't want off!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3853 on: July 14, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
Yeah making sure the awkward info is out of the way before makes it easier to compromise and not feel pushed into anything. Who is paying what, what kinda cleaning schedule, food cost/prep, just put it all out there.

Luckily my once a week full clean of the place has worked really well. Both just clean till it's done. One person cooks and the other cleans the dishes. We have a joint account that we use for buying food or for dates.  Being on the same page really lowers the stress of living with someone. Especially so close (most of us have 1 rooms I assume).

Thankfully it's a two room so I can go sit in the little dining/kitchen/living room if we have a row and glare at him through the frosted glass wall/sliding door/thing.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3854 on: July 14, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »
Been with my other half for 7 years, have lived with him now for one and a half years. I am one of those people that likes my privacy and space and hates small talk. I avoided the close proximity for as long as I could really, and then came crunch time. Honestly it hasn't been bad at all. We have our arguments, mostly relating to dishes and cleaning drains. We are quite happy to be alone but together  so , I will have my headphones on watching series and he will have his on playing computer games etc.

I honestly freaked out completely when I had to move in with him. My advice, sort out who pays what. We do a 50/50 of everything. Decide whose chores are whose and what level of mess is comfortable for you both. Make a plan for "me" time, where you can have some downtime/quiet time on your own if that is what you are used to.

Good luck!!!

Yeah this weekend we made a spreadsheet of who does what. I'm mainly worried about the cleaning because he is OCD levels of clean (I mean, not making an OCD joke, he actually is) so it's going to be a challenge but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I hope it works out as well for me as it is for you!

donovan

« Reply #3855 on: July 14, 2017, 06:07:30 PM »
you: clean
me: monitor your OCD

donovan

« Reply #3856 on: July 14, 2017, 06:18:15 PM »
I just noticed a female scooter delivery driver for the first time. I wonder if she values her life (and the lives of pedestrians) any more than her male counterparts seem to.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3857 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »
This was a fun read, if anyone's bored.  A wee bit predictable (I may just read too much sci fi) but I really enjoyed the ride. 

https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football/chapter-1

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3858 on: July 17, 2017, 09:01:19 AM »
Today is one of those days that is just warm enough to be uncomfortable but still too "cool" for the school to justify turning on the A/C.

I'm going to be sneaky about it and turn it on anyway because I know the other teachers are gonna be sneaky about it, too, and turn it on as soon as the ones who might tattle are gone (they get to leave early for some reason).

Nothing like coordinated espionage and treachery to start off the week.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3859 on: July 17, 2017, 10:04:44 AM »
Today is one of those days that is just warm enough to be uncomfortable but still too "cool" for the school to justify turning on the A/C.

I'm going to be sneaky about it and turn it on anyway because I know the other teachers are gonna be sneaky about it, too, and turn it on as soon as the ones who might tattle are gone (they get to leave early for some reason).

Nothing like coordinated espionage and treachery to start off the week.

And so it begins.