December 14, 2018, 10:22:59 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 852131 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2340 on: December 13, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
Personally I just don't like the taste of aspartame. There's an odd aftertaste I can never quite get over.

Coworker points to the giant 3D snowflake I made for practice and asked if I am stressed. Lol just practicing

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #2341 on: December 13, 2016, 03:52:47 PM »
I thought they had found that artificial sweetners had the same effect in regards to insulin production as sugar.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2342 on: December 13, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »
Just ordered a 24 pack of sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper from Gmarket.

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Ew. Unless it was Diet Dr. Pepper. Then... a little bit less ew. Maybe.

If sugar is literally poison, then what of aspartame?

Aspartame is literally poison, too. But! It's obviously the lesser of two evils. Love me some Diet Coke.

I'm actually with you on sugar. But artificial sweeteners?

They're basically harmless.

'The Evidence Supports Artificial Sweeteners Over Sugar'
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

The available evidence points to the fact that there appears to be a correlation between sugar consumption and health problems; none can be detected with artificial sweeteners.

I know, donovan, but Waygook.org user yirj17 really wanted me to say it was poison.

Aspartame is awesome because I can drink a sweet thing without eating sugar.

But yeah, it does taste funky. And it does not mix well with booze. Like, such a gnarly taste.

But otherwise, basically less poisonous than sugar in every way.

Maybe not literally, but basically yeah   :laugh:

It honestly does taste artificial though. Makes me want to ingest real sugar pronto to compensate.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2343 on: December 13, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2344 on: December 13, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

In North America the meat in McDonalds and Burger King is way fresher and the burgers are usually 100% beef from the said country. Here they use Australian beef usually so it is frozen and shipped here so there is a frozen/old taste to the burgers here.

Some steaks and roasts here are also just glued meat especially at buffets. I got sick from eating glued meat from a supermarket here.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2345 on: December 14, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »
Planning a Christmas lesson and trying to decide on a video to show them. Thinking of "What's This?" from Nightmare Before Christmas (can't find any Korean subtitles but I don't think it's that big a deal, it's pretty fast paced anyway and very visual) along with a video of a light show.

So, Frozen vs Star Wars? I think Frozen might go well for elementary but I like the different camera shots in the Star Wars one, so maybe that one for middle?

Offline schnieppster

• Adventurer
« Reply #2346 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
Planning a Christmas lesson and trying to decide on a video to show them. Thinking of "What's This?" from Nightmare Before Christmas (can't find any Korean subtitles but I don't think it's that big a deal, it's pretty fast paced anyway and very visual) along with a video of a light show.

So, Frozen vs Star Wars? I think Frozen might go well for elementary but I like the different camera shots in the Star Wars one, so maybe that one for middle?

No lies, I'm rabidly excited about Christmas, but I hope to never live next to people like this.

I vote Star Wars. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2347 on: December 14, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
There is a Star Wars/Up Town Funk making the rounds as well.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2348 on: December 14, 2016, 10:54:32 AM »

I agree, Frozen would be better for elementary and Star Wars for middle just because elementary kids will love the song while middle school kids would probably be more impressed with the better light timing of Star Wars.

I also showed the original with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra to my kids last year, went over very well.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2349 on: December 14, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »
I watched a kid carefully and systematically scribble out a girl's face in his textbook before finally moving on to complete the writing activity for today. I'm actually a little disturbed by the boy's very thorough and intense attention to detail in this endeavor, but I'm sure the textbook girl had it coming.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2350 on: December 14, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »
Principal just appeared beside me and wordlessly placed a red bean donut and tangerine in my hand

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2351 on: December 14, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »
Principal just appeared beside me and wordlessly placed a red bean donut and tangerine in my hand

Better than him placing a red bean donut and tangerine in your hand and talking to you.

lmao my principal is like a sweetheart fairy godmother I wouldn't mind if she talked to me

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2352 on: December 14, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
boss just tried to give me a red bean donut too

sorry, you were beaten! haha

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2353 on: December 14, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »
Just finished making a Detective RPG video game for winter camp! I made the map look exactly like out classroom and they need to find stuff in the game and in the room :P They better like it or I'mma flip!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2354 on: December 14, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »
I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about Korea when I leave. One of them is waygook. Am I the absolute lamest, or what??

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2355 on: December 14, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »
I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about Korea when I leave. One of them is waygook. Am I the absolute lamest, or what??

Nah, I'll prob miss it too when I leave. There's been some pretty good banter on 'ere.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2356 on: December 14, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »

You know that immigration doesn't delete your account when you leave, right?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2357 on: December 14, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »

Yeah but even if I hung out on here even back in the States like the lame-o I am, I'd be 13 hours behind  :cry:

New poll: Should moonbrie continue to post on waygook.org after leaving the country

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2358 on: December 14, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »

Yeah but even if I hung out on here even back in the States like the lame-o I am, I'd be 13 hours behind  :cry:

New poll: Should moonbrie continue to post on waygook.org after leaving the country

I think it's a gouda idea after having saved up some cheddar, just don't feel too bleu.

Maybe you can build a roque fort in the Garden of Edam. 

Have arty ideas in the future?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2359 on: December 14, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

I think it's a gouda idea after having saved up some cheddar, just don't feel too bleu.

Maybe you can build a roque fort in the Garden of Edam. 

Have arty ideas in the future?

that was some real quality cheese punnage

I'll probably be an office admin when I go back, if I get lucky. If I get unlucky I'll be a delivery driver or a barista lol