January 16, 2019, 11:52:14 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 400519 times)

Offline west coast tatterdemalion

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #780 on: July 21, 2016, 09:54:06 AM »
Vacation time is coming! Staying at a 5 star resort on the beach! Hell yeah! True happy shit!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #781 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:35 AM »
In 2 weeks time I will be HOME sweet home in Canada for a visit. Cannot wait. A bit sad the time I am home is so short though.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #782 on: July 22, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »
The weather is really cool looking where I am now. There are these tall storm clouds right next to crazy blue skies. The best part is the pressure changes are getting me some sorely needed wind. All in all a pretty good last day of the semester I think.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #783 on: July 22, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
The other day I was on the bus and this girl was on her phone talking SO GODDAMN LOUDLY and cackling the entire time and a harabeoji turned around and told her to shut up. :laugh: I'm a horrible person.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #784 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:08 AM »
The other day I was on the bus and this girl was on her phone talking SO GODDAMN LOUDLY and cackling the entire time and a harabeoji turned around and told her to shut up. :laugh: I'm a horrible person.

I dunno, I enjoy a good schadenfreude.  :wink:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #785 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:05 AM »
I'm actually pretty stoked for camp!

Gonna teach my kids a bunch of line dances and fun games and simple recipes  ;D ;D

It's gonna be a good time. Now just hoping the weather is clear cause one of our planned activities is outdoor Twister using sidewalk chalk  :azn:

Offline Greenteabingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #786 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
Done teaching classes for the semester and my vacation starts on Tuesday ;D

Online peachkitten

• Veteran
« Reply #787 on: July 22, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
Today the students did video recording speeches, which is an evaluation we have once a month where they have to memorize a speech and be recorded saying it. There was one girl in my class that I have been teaching since I've got here that always fails; she doesn't even try. Well I worked really hard with her this semester, even tutoring her during my break times, and today we had the speech and she got a 98! I am so proud of her! And today, I actually feel like I've made a difference, even if just a small one, as a teacher here in Korea. Plus it's Friday, woo hoo!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #788 on: July 25, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
Survived the first day of camp!

Dancing went fairly well with about half the students (basically the ones I expected would enjoy dancing and the rest I knew would at least go along with it just out of obedience) and Zombie Dice went over so well that they kept asking to play longer ^^

I should have had the foresight to realize that the boys would get really into the game-- they were screaming "Shotgun!! SHOTGUN!!" in the hopes that someone would lose all his/her points.  :laugh: :laugh: Thank goodness nobody at the school other than my coT really speaks much English hahahah.

Offline heropon

• Waygookin
« Reply #789 on: July 25, 2016, 10:08:09 PM »
I never have to see my middle school kids ever again! Woohoo!  ;D

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #790 on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:15 PM »
I've never taught 1st or 2nd grade before and I was kind of nervous but they're much better behaved than my 3rd and 4th graders and they're so darn cute. They're fun even when camp is stressful.

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #791 on: July 26, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »
I've never taught 1st or 2nd grade before and I was kind of nervous but they're much better behaved than my 3rd and 4th graders and they're so darn cute. They're fun even when camp is stressful.

I love these grades. They are so freakin adorable.

Offline ashleynp2010

• Adventurer
« Reply #792 on: July 26, 2016, 02:14:59 PM »
Deskwarming sucks and I hate it.

But I just got paid to laminate my drawings to decorate my apartment. Then I did a P90X workout. Now I'm going to watch a movie.

So today, life isn't so bad. Here's hoping I can keep this positive attitude for three whole weeks.

(btw all of the p90x programs have a free 30 day online trial right now. If you're bored and going on a beach vacation soon, maybe check it out)

Offline Paul

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #793 on: July 26, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »

I love these grades. They are so freakin adorable.

Ditto. Plus, you know what you're dealing with. True beginners are fantastic because they're all on the same level and you can build those solid foundations and see results. So much easier to build that intrinsic motivation. And they're always just so excited to be there!
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #794 on: July 26, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
Taught the students how to make quesadillas today! They loved 'em!!   ;D
I really enjoy cooking with the students ^^

There were a few extra tortillas left over and one group still had a lot of sauteed veggies left so they made a monster quesadilla  :laugh: It basically exploded when they tried to cut it into pieces

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #795 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
I think my coteacher was a little annoyed with our cooking class today and acted like she had just completed a marathon when it was over. She texted my other coteacher (who will do this activity with me next week) and warned her what to expect in the class.She said how difficult it was and I was feeling a little guilty. Though really all she did was slice some bananas and cucumbers and help me fill up some bags of milk and ice (to make ice cream) and hand out plates and stuff. I was the one who helped the kids and cleaned up, so really I don't know what the fuss was about.

Anyway to the happy part. I texted my other coteacher and told her please don't worry, I will do as much prep as I can, and she won't have to do much. She texted me back and said, "I'm not worried about that class. Because you will be  there." And I know she means it too. With her I'm sure it will be a fun class because she is so much more mellow and doesn't turn into a nervous wreck over every little thing. Her simple message really cheered me up and I adore her.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2016, 03:00:59 PM »
She texted me back and said, "I'm not worried about that class. Because you will be  there."

A budding romance.  :P
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2016, 07:55:35 AM »
I got a tattoo last night and I am so so so happy about it. Kind of wondering if it will be an issue, as it is on my wrist, but I actually don't care that much. Once it heals Ill throw a watch over it if people get all snitty about it.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #798 on: July 27, 2016, 09:43:45 AM »
I got a tattoo last night and I am so so so happy about it. Kind of wondering if it will be an issue, as it is on my wrist, but I actually don't care that much. Once it heals Ill throw a watch over it if people get all snitty about it.

I have two tattoos on my wrist, worked at three schools and no one has ever said anything! You should be fine

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #799 on: July 27, 2016, 12:36:45 PM »
Today was ten times better than yesterday (look at my ranting post if you want proof :laugh:). My "coteacher" was too busy to help so she sent the 2nd grade teacher. And get this, the 2nd grade teacher actually helped. She let me take control but whenever she saw that I might be struggling (with 1st and 2nd grade) she stepped in. Anyways, we did an alphabet animal relay race, pass the water balloon, and duck, duck, goose. Then we came back inside and cooled down with animal yoga and ended with the baby shark song. It was great and they had a blast.

My 3rd-6th grade camp was cool, too. The boys made props (fake blood and all) and we filmed their zombie movie (Zombies, a police officer and a mad scientist). The girls made their props and tidied up their storyboard to film for tomorrow. It was hilarious when I showed them my storyboard script--the girls liked it because it had romance ("Hello." "Hello." "I love you." "Ok, let's kiss.") and the boys loved it because it had fighting (because of a love triangle) and a zombie resurrection (the scorned lover came back to haunt them from the dead). All in all, awesome day  8) 8) 8)