October 17, 2018, 07:43:42 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 370941 times)

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #340 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »
One of my grade 3s came up to me and told me that my green eyes were scary. Then she petted my arm hair.

Utterly adorable for some reason.

This happens to me...every...day  :laugh:

I don't even have much in terms of arm hair (just normal blonde stuff), but Korea has made me acutely aware of it.  Been waxing for the last year :cry:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #341 on: May 11, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »
Cooking class was a blast! The teacher told me I had to bring my own ingredients and make something (he was half joking, but I made it serious). Ended up making some crepes with peanut butter and banana filling and chocolate on top. The kids loved 'em!!

And then the teacher "gifted" me with leftover condiments... so now I have like 3 ketchups, a mustard, and another mayonnaise... lol.

Also, classes went super well today. They got really into the activities! Good day.

Offline khalavala

• Expert Waygook
  • joecitizenhoe ask about me
« Reply #342 on: May 11, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »
I'm getting into the process of booking my vacation time in summer. Just need to get the times approved and I can organize things further!

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »
Lunch was lovely today. We had little almond tarts for dessert. They were so good, that my spirits are totally lifted  ;D Whoop for lunch dessert!
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »
Happy today cuz I'm going to a baseball game after work with my boyfriend. We are rivals and we are going to the game where our teams will play each other so it should be fun.

Also, while I'm sorry for the circumstances, I'm happy cuz he turned down a position in Jeonju, which would be about 3 hours away from me.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »
Open class finished. Kids were a little reticent to speak at first but eventually got over it. Feeling good now.  ;D

Offline Zaiterade

• Super Waygook
« Reply #346 on: May 12, 2016, 02:32:25 PM »
Started today at a new Elementary school and it was great! When I came here I was placed at 2 middle schools, and one tiny elementary school where I never planned anything (20 kids in the whole school). This school is a little bigger (around 60), and I planned my first "big" elementary lessons today. I love these kids! I'm sure there will be plenty of weak days and I'm sure deep down I will learn to be annoyed by them, but compared to my middle school full of loud and obnoxious boys, this is a piece of cake!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »
Got invited to go watch a baseball game!! That's gonna be fun.

During class the main activity was a board game and one of the students declared to another: "You are elephant dung. I am winner!"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »

During class the main activity was a board game and one of the students declared to another: "You are elephant dung. I am winner!"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you sure you didn't mishear 똥? hahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
Started today at a new Elementary school and it was great! When I came here I was placed at 2 middle schools, and one tiny elementary school where I never planned anything (20 kids in the whole school). This school is a little bigger (around 60), and I planned my first "big" elementary lessons today. I love these kids! I'm sure there will be plenty of weak days and I'm sure deep down I will learn to be annoyed by them, but compared to my middle school full of loud and obnoxious boys, this is a piece of cake!

Elementary is hell... I teach 3 days a week elementary and it is soul destroying-no-understanding-shouty-fighty-madness. Those 2 days I teach Middle, today and Monday are the reasons I came to this thread :) Good luck. May the 3rd and 4th graders not destroy you.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »

Elementary is hell... I teach 3 days a week elementary and it is soul destroying-no-understanding-shouty-fighty-madness. Those 2 days I teach Middle, today and Monday are the reasons I came to this thread :) Good luck. May the 3rd and 4th graders not destroy you.

I guess everyone is different! I love my little ones. Hate the 6th graders' bad attitudes and lack of motivation. Give me cute but crazy and enthusiastic 3rd 4th graders all day every day!

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »
Teachers' Day is this Sunday, so the students at my school have been making buttons for their teachers. I wasn't expecting to get any, but I've actually gotten four so far.

Don't let that top left one fool you, though. I don't come to work in ABC boxer shorts, and I only wear my halter tops like three days a week, tops.

EDIT: Holy balls, huge pic was huge. Sorry 'bout that. Resized it.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:05:27 PM by Mister Tim »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »
Mister Tim, those buttons are so cute! And I'm sure you look fabulous in crop tops and boxer shorts. :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #353 on: May 13, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »

Are you sure you didn't mishear 똥? hahaha

It's entirely possible! He actually said it several times but i couldn't distinguish if he said dung or 똥, haha. Either way, pretty much the same meaning, eh?  :laugh:

donovan

« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2016, 01:05:12 PM »
Handwritten messages for Teachers Day are just about the best thing ever~

Offline khalavala

• Expert Waygook
  • joecitizenhoe ask about me
« Reply #355 on: May 16, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »
was given camp dates today and went ahead and booked my vacation to japan! banzai!

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »
Teachers day!

Wine at cake at 9am... Great way to start a Monday. Also kids made us a PPT and song, with all our pictures in and short messages of appreciation.  ;D

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #357 on: May 17, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
I'm having the kids draw comics this week using the target language of the current chapter.

Realized yesterday that the kids really need a sample comic to help inspire them and speed up the process a bit, so I drew one today of a drowsy unicorn because I'm drowsy today and I love unicorns.

One of my kids asked me if the unicorn was on crack.

I couldn't be more proud.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #358 on: May 17, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »
One of my kids asked me if the unicorn was on crack.

I couldn't be more proud.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #359 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »
So I didn't know if this was a rant or a rave so I decided to put this here because it ended on a good note.

Yesterday after school I went on my usual running route. This was only my 3rd time running and I had already discovered a route I like that involves passing by the downtown police station. Well I started to get a bit impatient this time with the waiting time so I pushed the crosswalk button. Once the light changed I started to run again and within minutes 4 cops flew past me and I got to wonder why. It was then that I realized I had pressed an police emergency response button. Whoops. I just kept on running hoping that nothing would happen. But man was that one nerve racking run. I decided to run past the police station just to see if they would do anything or even notice that it was I that had pushed the button. I did it and nothing happened. Guess it's safe to say I'm okay.  :afro: