August 17, 2018, 07:09:53 AM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 355927 times)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2520 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
Got off the bus this morning and an ajumma equipped with a large bin full of sandwiches and packs of wet wipes shoved a set at me.  I love freebies such as these  :laugh:  Another time on my way to class I was gifted with a sandwich accompanied with apple juice.

The free food givers are affiliated with some church but I must say that I like their brand of advertising!  That's the way to do it!   :laugh:
Woah, that's the way to go! I would love that, I've only every gotten tissues or water tissues.

Been in Korea long?  :laugh: Just messing around~~ :afro: :evil: :laugh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2521 on: April 13, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
Got off the bus this morning and an ajumma equipped with a large bin full of sandwiches and packs of wet wipes shoved a set at me.  I love freebies such as these  :laugh:  Another time on my way to class I was gifted with a sandwich accompanied with apple juice.

The free food givers are affiliated with some church but I must say that I like their brand of advertising!  That's the way to do it!   :laugh:

They used to call that "taking the soup" in Ireland.

Offline Sasstiel

• Adventurer
« Reply #2522 on: April 13, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
Idiom charades is literally the best idea I have ever had as a teacher.

My academic high school students laughed so hard they cried, plus they learned a ton of English that they didn't know already (for some reason, even the fluent ones don't know most idioms).

That was a very satisfying way to end the work week.   ;D
I'm funnier in Enochian.

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #2523 on: April 13, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »

My academic high school students laughed so hard they cried, plus they learned a ton of English that they didn't know already (for some reason, even the fluent ones don't know most idioms).

Share with me pleease!  :angel:
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2524 on: April 13, 2018, 03:24:17 PM »

Woah, that's the way to go! I would love that, I've only every gotten tissues or water tissues.
I got a pair of socks one time.

Offline Sasstiel

• Adventurer
« Reply #2525 on: April 14, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »

Share with me pleease!  :angel:

Sure thing! I'll make a post on Monday and let you know ^_^
I'm funnier in Enochian.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2526 on: April 16, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »
I found this brand of Japanese noodles I love, online. The vendor is in Japan, and there is free shipping to Korea, even if you only buy a single packet. :D

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2527 on: April 17, 2018, 09:40:21 AM »

Been in Korea long?  :laugh: Just messing around~~ :afro: :evil: :laugh:
Haha, far too long. It's my last year and I'm finally bouncing in August.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2528 on: April 17, 2018, 10:57:17 AM »
At the start of the semester, I contacted the principal of a high school back home I know, to see if he could ask around the students there, if there was any interest in being a penpal with some of my Korean students. I wasn't sure if any students from back home would be interested, but was hoping for about 5 - 7 students (about how many of my Korean students I expected to be interested). The principal got back to me on Sunday, and a little double of that from back home was interested.
I've been asking around my main school in Korea, and 10 students were interested at first, but that dropped to 7 pretty quickly; but each of the 7 students are very interested in start writing to some English people their own age. :D

Offline SeoulAlone

• Waygookin
« Reply #2529 on: April 17, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »
I walked past a VERY old woman this morning.  Of course, I said 안녕하세요 with a deep bow.  She answered with a "Yeh" then an "I love you too"...  I actually squealed it was so cute.

My 5th grade CT is heading to Canada at the end of the year and wants to study/practice her English so we're doing a Language Exchange.  Two days a week.  YAY!  No more paying for lessons. 

My 4th grade CT is the sweetest thing!  He goes out of his way to bring me things (stapler, hole punch, etc) He talks to me in the hall whenever he sees me. Asks me what I did on the week end. Etc etc.  Is English is God awful but he tries so hard.  A+ for effort!  One day I got chalk all over my coat (it's a really old school out in the sticks) and he sat and brushed it off for me. 

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2530 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:54 PM »
This is gonna sound really petty lol

Today, I had my class with the chaotic 1st grade middle school boys. One student in particular seeks attention at every opportunity. I was discussing appearances and the phrase "What does he/she look like?" I pull up a picture of several celebrities and eventually Michael Jordan. Of Course, Mr. Spotlight has to chime in: "Teacher! Looks like you!"

(Now, usually, I brush off these comments because I look like every black person ever according to Koreans, but not this time.)

"And you look like Kim Jong-Un." Class goes wild and he covers his head in shame. I'll admit its a bit sad that I found joy in this, but I'll take any victory at this point.  :angel:
The World Ends With You

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2531 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:30 PM »
I made coffee tonight, real coffee from grounds, and I feel suddenly significantly more at peace with life.
I'd been putting it off because I didn't want to buy a maker and just bought those premix packs at the store.

I forgot how much simpler things are with a nice steaming cup of coffee in my hands.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2532 on: April 24, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »
I worked out for the first time in 4 months and made a

red pepper, broccoli, cabbage, mushroom, garlic, firm tofu, egg stirfry with balsamic vinegar and cumin. Add some extra hot sriracha sauce after and you have a great post workout meal.

Also ordered some vegan protein powder (Vega Sport) and a morning smoothie (Vega One).

Time to feel amazing in a few weeks.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #2533 on: April 24, 2018, 07:07:02 PM »

red pepper, broccoli, cabbage, mushroom, garlic, firm tofu, egg stirfry with balsamic vinegar and cumin. Add some extra hot sriracha sauce after and you have a great post workout meal.

Also ordered some vegan protein powder (Vega Sport) and a morning smoothie (Vega One).

Congrats on the healthy kick! I'm undertaking my own.

Where did you order your powders from? iherb is meh for me on selection vs cost.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2534 on: April 24, 2018, 07:09:35 PM »

Congrats on the healthy kick! I'm undertaking my own.

Where did you order your powders from? iherb is meh for me on selection vs cost.

gmarket. they're about the same cost anyway. I get expensive shit.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2535 on: April 24, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »

Nice.

That's all way more effort than I normally put into a post workout meal. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2536 on: April 25, 2018, 10:21:19 AM »
I'm going to go see Avengers tonight for 5,000! Aw yis.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2537 on: April 25, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »
That's all way more effort than I normally put into a post workout meal. xD

Cut it up, put em in a pan and cook. Super easy, takes 15 mins

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2538 on: April 25, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »

My GF better be glad I like her, because I'd be there tonight rather than tomorrow if not for her.
The World Ends With You

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2539 on: April 25, 2018, 11:19:51 AM »

My GF better be glad I like her, because I'd be there tonight rather than tomorrow if not for her.
Lucky girl. I only go to movies on culture day anymore.