October 17, 2018, 06:06:51 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 370927 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2300 on: October 18, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
If I'm late on Monday due to my underpants being on fire and I can't sit down properly, then reprimand me.
;D

CO2 on day 1:

CO2 on day 2:

:laugh:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:01:07 AM by kyndo »

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #2301 on: October 18, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
A. I don't have CTs AT ALL (Yay!) B. my school doesn't care.
Last time during finals (I don't work) English head teacher: travelinpants teacher what are you going to do during exams?
me: nothing.
Her: you should go somewhere? How about Japan? Have you been?
Me: yes, it's lovely.
Her: you should travel.
Me: not this time, perhaps next time.
LOL. TLDR: my school doesn't give poop...lol
I have this Friday off. I am thinking about a spontaneous trip to Sapporo...Thoughts?
--->  :lipsrsealed:
Don't tell your coteachers.

Last month, the uni I hang out at was audited. One of the things that came up is that many of the foreign teachers were travelling internationally without letting the university know that they were leaving the country. Apparently, that was a big deal: the teachers got called in for a meeting and were politely reamed out.

Fast forward a week or two, there was a four day holiday and a friend of mine was planning on heading out to Fukuoka for some shenanigans and dutifully let the administration know (about travel plans, not shenanigans).

The university denied his 'request'. Apparently, teachers aren't allowed to travel internationally on weekends -- something to do with being on salary and therefor 'on-call' during non vacation periods.

I've heard a *lot* of complaining about this revelation.
So, for the sake of your friends, don't tell your school that you're going anywhere.  :smiley:
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #2302 on: October 18, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »
alright, I am checking out flights. And if it isn't too much I am going lol
If only Korean air companies weren't so IE dependent, it's driving me nuts.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2303 on: October 19, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Yesterday was great.  After the kids took their exams, most of the teachers and I took off after lunch to a nearby city to see an art exhibition.  The principal was even in tow (was a fine art major!).  Bunch of ink works, mainly, pretty neat. 

Then we hit up a coffee shop for drinks and snacks (which was a really nice treat as there are zero cafes on my island).  Caught the last ferry back and had dinner at a local restaurant.  Love me some 깐풍기~

What a lovely day!

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #2304 on: October 19, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »
That does sound like a treat. How difficult is it to get off the island, I mean, how long is it to the nearest larger city or town?

Yesterday was great.  After the kids took their exams, most of the teachers and I took off after lunch to a nearby city to see an art exhibition.  The principal was even in tow (was a fine art major!).  Bunch of ink works, mainly, pretty neat. 

Then we hit up a coffee shop for drinks and snacks (which was a really nice treat as there are zero cafes on my island).  Caught the last ferry back and had dinner at a local restaurant.  Love me some 깐풍기~

What a lovely day!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2305 on: October 19, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
That does sound like a treat. How difficult is it to get off the island, I mean, how long is it to the nearest larger city or town?

What a lovely day!

Roughly 1.5 ~ 2 hours on average!  From school to port, sail the merry seas, then mainland port to actual city! 

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #2306 on: October 19, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »
Yikes! I definitely couldn't do that.

What a lovely day!

Roughly 1.5 ~ 2 hours on average!  From school to port, sail the merry seas, then mainland port to actual city!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2307 on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:17 PM »

Yeah, it's certainly not for everyone, haha!  Switching gears now though.  Gonna have a nice long break back home once I finish up my contract then hopefully head back over to study Korean at one of the language institutes.  Try out that city life for fun; I imagine it'll be quite the fun culture shock after having lived so isolated for so long!  :laugh:  But I'm ready for a new experience~

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #2308 on: October 19, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »
Why an institute and not one of the university programs?

Yeah, it's certainly not for everyone, haha!  Switching gears now though.  Gonna have a nice long break back home once I finish up my contract then hopefully head back over to study Korean at one of the language institutes.  Try out that city life for fun; I imagine it'll be quite the fun culture shock after having lived so isolated for so long!  :laugh:  But I'm ready for a new experience~

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2309 on: October 19, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »

That's what I mean.  I've seen them called "Korean language institutes" that are a part of the university, to my understanding.  Pretty certain we speak of the same thing  :smiley:; I don't intend to go to a hagwon or anything like that. 

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #2310 on: October 19, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »

What a lovely day!

I find my most isolated schools are by far the most laid back. Does this hold true for your island?
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #2311 on: October 19, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »
Ah ok. Gotcha.
btw. I bought the tickets. Thanks for the encouragement.  ;D ;D

That's what I mean.  I've seen them called "Korean language institutes" that are a part of the university, to my understanding.  Pretty certain we speak of the same thing  :smiley:; I don't intend to go to a hagwon or anything like that.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2312 on: October 19, 2017, 03:15:25 PM »
Ah ok. Gotcha.

Ugh, so jealous!!  Do let us know how it goes!!

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #2313 on: October 19, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »
Totally will
Ah ok. Gotcha.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2314 on: October 20, 2017, 07:33:47 AM »
Totally will
Ah ok. Gotcha.

Not to derail a happy thread, but could you please stop top-posting!?

It is impossible to follow a conversation with you in it.

Online viennica

• Adventurer
  • Send me mac and cheese and I'll be yours.
« Reply #2315 on: October 20, 2017, 07:40:30 AM »

Yeah, they're literally the only person to do that. haha
Anyang Meet and Eat, our group of ridiculously fun people with a food problem. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334717196908236/

Offline unknown21

• Waygookin
« Reply #2316 on: October 20, 2017, 07:46:49 AM »
mods abide by mod rules, peasants. 

Online lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2317 on: October 20, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »

I've also noticed that.  :-[

Offline wanderlust8

• Veteran
« Reply #2318 on: October 20, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »
The only students that showed up to after school class today were my worst behaved boys. They surprised me by being on their best behaviour and even sang some songs. Granted, one of the songs was in Korean and I have no idea what it was about (not a youtube video. they just started singing out of nowhere). But then I turned on some Baby Shark and Gummy Bear and they were super into it. And one of my boys faces actually lit up when I gave them a spot the difference worksheet. Fridays are usually the classes I dread the most but today was a very happy day.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2319 on: October 20, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »
Let's all post like this!
When everybody is special, nobody is!

I've also noticed that.  :-[