August 16, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 355835 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2020 on: July 20, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
Oooooooooh.

Gotcha.

Although i gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that this wasn't some obscure suit-jargon referencing mayonnaise.  :sad:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2021 on: July 20, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »
Oooooooooh.

Gotcha.

Although i gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that this wasn't some obscure suit-jargon referencing mayonnaise.  :sad:

I can only cream my pants and I relish every chance I get to ketchup with the latest fashion trends.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2022 on: July 20, 2017, 03:00:04 PM »
That would be NSFW.
Ha, in that case, better get ready to hit alt-tab because...

:-*

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2023 on: July 20, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
Oooooooooh.

Gotcha.

I can only cream my pants and I relish every chance I get to ketchup with the latest fashion trends.

Any one else want to milk this pun train or y'all some salty, cheesy waygs too good to pepper a seasoned veterans sense of humour?

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2024 on: July 20, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »
My new bamboo, sweat proof undershirts arrived yesterday.

Everyone's sweating their arse off and I'm just strolling around like it's a pleasant spring day.

All mayo?

What does either bamboo or mayo have to do with clothing? I would've though you'd want to avoid having either of those anywhere near expensive clothing...???

bamboo fibre is highly breathable and absorbent, which makes for excellent undergarments. Like cotton, bamboo has to be processed into wearable fabric, you don't go sticking bits of tree under your shirt. I stay cool and sweat doesn't touch my shirts so it stays cleaner for longer. You wash the shirt less and therefore it lasts longer.

I don't get the mayo reference which is why I ignored it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2025 on: July 21, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »
My new bamboo, sweat proof undershirts arrived yesterday.

Everyone's sweating their arse off and I'm just strolling around like it's a pleasant spring day.

All mayo?

JEY ME IS SONG YO

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2026 on: July 21, 2017, 07:37:53 AM »
Saw Dunkirk in Yeongdeungpo last night on Starium screen (biggest screen in the world until a few years ago).
Really good!

It's a great "snapshot in time" movie. This is what happened, we shot it spectacularly, enjoy.

It's a very dispassionate movie, which is nice once in a while.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2027 on: July 21, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »
Done.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2028 on: July 21, 2017, 08:44:22 AM »
Might have to see it. Starium is my favourite movie screen in Seoul.

Absolutely, I've seen Star Wars, Revenant, Interstellar and Dunkirk there and it blows my mind every time. The planes screaming overhead in Dunkirk actually hurt my ears.  :cheesy:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2029 on: July 21, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »
I've literally seen at least 25 movies there.
First---> Literally/At least combo hahahahahaha

Second ------> Specifically the Starium screen???? Jesus Christ.

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2030 on: July 24, 2017, 08:56:43 AM »
A few things to post about here....

1. My co-teacher brought an x-box into the classroom to be hooked up to the TV. And yes it isn't going back to his home tonight.

2. All my classes were cancelled today. And it is a half day for students. So I can put those last finishing touches on my English camp.

3. All my classes tomorrow were cancelled. And we are having an English Festival in the morning where 22 teams of students are competing, and I found out I am going to be one of the judges.

4. I just found out that between English camp and vacation, I literally only have 2 days of pure deskwarming to do before school starts back up.

5. My birthday is Wednesday...... so old now

6. My family might FINALLY be sending me some new clothes since I told them I am literally having to throw shirts away because they were growing mold while trying to dry because its so freaking hot.

I think that is about it for today...

so  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:

7. I get paid the day before my Bday
8. My co-teacher and the other male teachers I'm close to are taking me out for my birthday
9. Some of the other foreign teachers in my town (only 4 of us here) have expressed interest in going do something to celebrate my bday

so much happiness
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:03:22 AM by Skyehawks »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2031 on: July 24, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »
A few things to post about here....

1. My co-teacher brought an x-box into the classroom to be hooked up to the TV. And yes it isn't going back to his home tonight.

2. All my classes were cancelled today. And it is a half day for students. So I can put those last finishing touches on my English camp.

3. All my classes tomorrow were cancelled. And we are having an English Festival in the morning where 22 teams of students are competing, and I found out I am going to be one of the judges.

4. I just found out that between English camp and vacation, I literally only have 2 days of pure deskwarming to do before school starts back up.

5. My birthday is Wednesday...... so old now

6. My family might FINALLY be sending me some new clothes since I told them I am literally having to throw shirts away because they were growing mold while trying to dry because its so freaking hot.

I think that is about it for today...

so  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:

7. I get paid the day before my Bday
8. My co-teacher and the other male teachers I'm close to are taking me out for my birthday
9. Some of the other foreign teachers in my town (only 4 of us here) have expressed interest in going do something to celebrate my bday

so much happiness

Re: #6

Put a fan on them to speed up drying

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2032 on: July 24, 2017, 10:24:10 AM »
I have a dehumidifier in my laundry room. Still doesnt prevent all of it. It isn't bad, but I have lost 3 shirts.... and as a big guy you can't exactly find my size easily in korea.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2033 on: July 25, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
Last Thursday, art teacher had an end of semester wine party and made some baller stir fry.  Last Friday was the end of semester teachers' dinner on the mainland.  We had sushi and lobster  :shocked:  Honestly the only sushi I cared for was the salmon (the others tasted too much like the sea...) but there was lots of other good eats.  They then repurposed the remains of the lobster to make lobster ramen  :laugh:

Stayed in a motel on the school's dime (as it was impossible to get back the same night, so the school allowed it up to a certain amount).  Had a BUBBLE BATH. 

Yesterday was a field trip, saw some salt fields, got some free salt, then made some pottery. 

Have all day today to prep for summer camp and tomorrow morning.  Also found out that since summer camp starts tomorrow after lunch, it's one period shorter than a normal camp day.  Woo!! 

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2034 on: July 25, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
Way overplanned for camp. Which is a good thing, because I hate trying to fill in the gaps with last-minute stuff.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2035 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
Today's the first day in forever that I didn't sweat while walking to work!  ;D

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2036 on: July 26, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »
Today is my bday. That is all.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2037 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:38 AM »

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2038 on: July 26, 2017, 08:30:30 AM »
No one's shown up to my "camp" for three days! Amazing!

I love how my CT doesn't even lift a finger when I tell her, too. Just smiles and says "You must be boring!"  :cheesy:

What a f*ckin' joke. And NO ONE cares. Time for a nap hahaha

PS: Happy birthday new mod Skyehawks dude  :smiley:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2039 on: July 26, 2017, 02:44:27 PM »
10 students showed up for the first day of camp!!  A goodly even number for some relay race type games.  I was expecting less. 

Really glad I snagged water balloons last time I was in the city.  They were a huge hit and easily the students' favorite part.  And camp was half an hour shorter than I thought it was going to be! 

Not a bad start.