January 17, 2019, 12:39:18 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 400540 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1680 on: April 07, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
Someone heard rumor that they aren't planning to put any songs in it though D:

But... how will they make a man out me then?

Haha...well, I wasn't even aware that there will be a live-action version of "Mulan" coming out, so I wouldn't know anything about that.

I just have a bunch of SJWs on FB who were freaking out at the possibility of white people being cast at all in that movie. That's the only reason I knew about it.

Black Hamilton cast. Okay.

White Mulan. Not okay.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1681 on: April 07, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »

Haha...well, I wasn't even aware that there will be a live-action version of "Mulan" coming out, so I wouldn't know anything about that.

I just have a bunch of SJWs on FB who were freaking out at the possibility of white people being cast at all in that movie. That's the only reason I knew about it.
Oh, I haven't heard about that. All I've heard about casting so far is that they had a casting call and hired a Chinese girl as Mulan.

Edit: Upon googling, I have found an article that says Disney confirms an all-Chinese cast.
http://www.ok.co.uk/movies/1015247/disney-confirms-all-asian-cast-for-mulan-remake-and-female-director

Edit Edit: There is no Li Shang!!!! So he really won't be able to make any men.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disneys-mulan-live-action-remake-9218874
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:48:43 AM by HaLo3 »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1682 on: April 07, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »

Oh, I haven't heard about that. All I've heard about casting so far is that they had a casting call and hired a Chinese girl as Mulan.

Edit: Upon googling, I have found an article that says Disney confirms an all-Chinese cast.
http://www.ok.co.uk/movies/1015247/disney-confirms-all-asian-cast-for-mulan-remake-and-female-director

Edit Edit: There is no Li Shang!!!! So he really won't be able to make any men.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disneys-mulan-live-action-remake-9218874

Neat, now I might not have to hear about the casting choices for the rest of eternity :D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1683 on: April 07, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »

Black Hamilton cast. Okay.

White Mulan. Not okay.

The writer and librettist of Hamilton originally imagined the production as a concept album of rap/hip-hop.  The more he worked on his project, he envisioned colored actors for the voices/roles.  The cast is also actually not entirely black.  It's not meant to be seen as a piece of history but more as a fictional "what if" and exploration of how things may have been if black people were in positions of power at that time in history. 

Mulan -- generally I think people associate the name of "Mulan" with China and the original legend so I don't know if anyone has bothered to reimagine a "what if" scenario with a non-Chinese/Asian Mulan, honestly.  If someone did, what would be the artistic objective?  If someone came up with a compelling reason for why the character would be some other ethnicity, then I would hear it out.  But if the only reason is "just because" then that's simply not interesting. 

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #1684 on: April 07, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »
Today is Friday.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1685 on: April 07, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »
Even tho my schedule changed so I start teaching at 9 instead of 11, I found out that the office dude is not only amazing at English, but he's also into the same music I'm into. So it took about 40 minutes to eat a third of my lunch but I had someone with in depth knowledge of the Chili Peppers to talk to about best albums, fav time we saw them live, lineup changes ect.

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #1686 on: April 07, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »

You mean that's how you found out that there'll be a live-action version of "Mulan" coming out? Huh...funny.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1687 on: April 07, 2017, 12:04:40 PM »

You mean that's how you found out that there'll be a live-action version of "Mulan" coming out? Huh...funny.

Yeah they were ranting about The Great Wall and were like "watch Disney go and white wash live action Mulan.... I'm boycotting everything in the universe if they do because everyone's racist accept me because I keep a tally of diverse friends I have to make sure that I don't come across as racist/sexist/homophobic/trans-phobic or any other discrimination type!"

And that's how I found out about it.

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #1688 on: April 07, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »
Yeah they were ranting about The Great Wall and were like "watch Disney go and white wash live action Mulan.... I'm boycotting everything in the universe if they do because everyone's racist accept me because I keep a tally of diverse friends I have to make sure that I don't come across as racist/sexist/homophobic/trans-phobic or any other discrimination type!"

And that's how I found out about it.

Funny.

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1689 on: April 07, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
What a beautiful day, I just want to lay outside under the cherry blossoms like they do in those anime cartoons the kids seem to love.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1690 on: April 07, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »
What a beautiful day, I just want to lay outside under the cherry blossoms like they do in those anime cartoons the kids seem to love.

Do it.  Live that anime lifestyle. 

This weather is legit baller though, a welcome change after that rainy spell. 

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1691 on: April 07, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »

I will do it. I'll even sigh wistfully as I contemplate things. I can't wait. 2 more hours.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1692 on: April 07, 2017, 01:55:11 PM »

I will do it. I'll even sigh wistfully as I contemplate things. I can't wait. 2 more hours.

Just don't get a nosebleed :D

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #1693 on: April 10, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »
I've been alternating between feeling like shit and feeling just OK.

Today was the first day I got up for work completely unbothered. I slept a full 6.5 hours, I'm not worried about today's lessons, and yesterday I went to the Ghibli pop-up store in the Busna Shinsegae and got two storyboard books -- one for me and one for my sister whose birthday just passed.

Feels.... kinda nice.

Offline fairydustangel8

• Adventurer
« Reply #1694 on: April 12, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
CoT: We are going to on a trip right now. Let's go!
Me: What? What are you talking about?
CoT: Teacher's field trip. I forgot to tell you. We go now.
Me: Can I please not go? Can I stay here? Please?

So far no one has come back to get me. Win!!

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1695 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
I figured out how to give myself a sweet avatar after being inspired by Kyndo's new one. Now, I AM Chinpokomon! Or something. It's cute.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1696 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
I'm going to Fukuoka for the next holiday!  Haven't been to Japan in near 6 years.  Gonna have a few days of shopping and eating, glorious eating.  Flight is booked, lodging is as well. 

Going a bit stir crazy, this is just what I need~

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1697 on: April 12, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
One of my best friends found a cheap flight here for that may week with all the holidays! Haven't seen him in person since I got here last year so I can't wait to see him and shove soju down his throat :D

Offline Sikered

• Waygookin
« Reply #1698 on: April 13, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
co teacher snuck out and bought Baskin Robins and brought some for me.

donovan

« Reply #1699 on: April 13, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
I'm going to Fukuoka for the next holiday!  Haven't been to Japan in near 6 years.  Gonna have a few days of shopping and eating, glorious eating.  Flight is booked, lodging is as well. 

Going a bit stir crazy, this is just what I need~

Fukuoka is rad! It's super fun times.

SoftBank Hawks games are worth a few hours^^