October 17, 2018, 06:08:17 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: What is it like ordering food delivery in Korea over the phone?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Say what?!

• Adventurer
I'm thinking of ordering some yummy McDonald's but am curious as to how difficult it is to order delivery over the phone.  Do the operators generally speak English?  Is it a difficult process trying to get your order straight?  And what other places deliver aside from McDonald's (western-style food that is)?  Sometimes I get these insane fast food cravings at night and need some advice as  I've never done this before. 

Offline heyitslep

• Super Waygook
Re: What is it like ordering food delivery in Korea over the phone?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 10:56:25 PM »
Fried Chicken. From Toreore you can get boneless chicken tenders, fries, and cheese sticks for about 20,000.

Offline bjinglee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:01:56 PM »
I've tried ordering multiple times from McD's with no luck. None of the operators spoke English, and the ones that spoke limited English just told me to keep calling back until I got an operator that spoke better English. Very disappointing.

All the pizza places deliver. There's Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc.

Offline jackdaniels

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »
I'm thinking of ordering some yummy McDonald's but am curious as to how difficult it is to order delivery over the phone.  Do the operators generally speak English?  Is it a difficult process trying to get your order straight?  And what other places deliver aside from McDonald's (western-style food that is)?  Sometimes I get these insane fast food cravings at night and need some advice as  I've never done this before.

Mickey's will take a long time. Forty minutes to well over an hour.
Most other places takes about 20-30 minutes.
Also take some effort to learn how to say your address in Korean; it would make your life easier. It would only take a few minutes to learn!  :D
Bon Appetit!