June 20, 2018, 07:33:00 AM

Author Topic: pure curiosity: what kind of vehicle would you purchase?  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
Re: pure curiosity: what kind of vehicle would you purchase?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
If I had TONS of money, I would go with a 300C, but realistically, I would go with a small car. Better gas. I like Toyota Prius' but they are too pricey for me.

Offline alyssa.callahan

• Super Waygook
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
A working one.  ;)

All joking aside, cars aren't really on my top priorities list when it comes to looking swag.  I'd probably get a good, reliable car.  My first car was borrowed from my mom and it was a Toyota Camry... maybe a 2000 or 2001.  It is such a good car... great gas mileage; hardly any problems at all.  We've done both Japanese and American models for other cars and trucks in my family, but the American models were always the ones that needed something fixed.

TLDR: I'd probably buy a good, reliable car that I didn't need to worry about having to take it in to the car repair every other weekend.  Then I'd use the remaining money on either gas, food, an apartment, jet pack, or a condo on the moon. :D

Offline Janitor

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »
Hmm I just bought a car here... a "chevy" and that was an interesting experience. However, they are a decent price and good on gas. Coming from a rural city and read that as "You live in the city but everyone you know drives a truck" I do like the 2013 Ford f 150 eco-boost.

At any rate my "chevy" matiz.. I mean "spark" is nice to drive around Korea.

Offline 2Aslan78

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 10:54:21 AM »
in Korea? I already bought it years ago :D  the 2005 Korando, black with tinted windows, turbo-charged Mercedes-Benz engine. My dream vehicle among Korean manufacturers, all the more sweet because of how underappreciated it is here.

back home? A Jeep, either what my dad had, a CJ-5...

or new, one of those Wranglers:

That jeep is a beaut.
I'll give ya five hundred bucks for it.  :P

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
That jeep is a beaut.
I'll give ya five hundred bucks for it.  :P
My dad's CJ-5 was blue, I found that pic online. My dad sold his long time ago and picked up an ol' jalopy, an International vehicle, a rare truck we used for over a decade, I lamenting not having the jeep he'd had!

I will be selling my black Korondo eventually, but as I'm sure to pass 100,000 kms on it, it'll be sold for a fraction of what I paid for it originally.

I love jeeps the way some guys love sports cars: A vehicle is a joy of life, not just a means of transportation. My dad said his truck was his legs, but I say it's my wings!

Offline 2Aslan78

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »
I just hope that my truck doesn't end up being another version of a boat anchor- something that I become so disgusted with that I want to just chuck it into the deepest part of the ocean.

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
Our family wagon before we moved to Korea  :D
I like it, but the big black tires are fugly. Chrome rims, silver instead of black detailing, smaller tires would be my preference.

Looks like it can handle the off roadin' mud though!  ;)

Offline cowboy7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
I hear the Honda S3000 (new s2k) is coming out soon.  Tiny two seater with 280+ horsepower sounds good to me for Korea.  Here in Seoul I'd gotta go with a small car. 

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/