December 16, 2017, 03:32:41 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429520 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4480 on: November 17, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
This thread (and Pecan?) seem to have become very entertaining as of late. 

Looks like I'm studying Korean at a university next month :D

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4481 on: November 17, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »

What University, and are you doing so while still teaching?

Man, I really want to just study Korean. May have to become a student again. My school squeezes all the work they can out of me, so while I do study a good bit of Korean each week (after school, that is), I'm often too tired to feel as though I've studied a worthwhile amount. :(

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4482 on: November 19, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
I said bitcchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4483 on: November 20, 2017, 07:42:47 AM »
some deep-seeded homosexuality.
what a fabulous misspelling

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #4484 on: November 20, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »

Dude! That's pretty cool. Did you actually get that close to him?

Was he drinking Cass??

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4485 on: November 20, 2017, 08:21:39 AM »

I did! Ran into my ex there. Smacked right into her, she got a selfie with him earlier. The only reason I knew about this specific resto in Gwangjang was due to her, this is where the foreign celebs come and eat. So, go figure I'd run into here here and she's showing off her selfie with Gordon, hahahaha.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4486 on: November 20, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
This Gordon Ramsay thing is big news in Korea today. Apparently he gave a press conference and proclaimed Cass to be a top world beer. Or so the **** in the office told me.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #4487 on: November 20, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »

I did! Ran into my ex there. Smacked right into her, she got a selfie with him earlier. The only reason I knew about this specific resto in Gwangjang was due to her, this is where the foreign celebs come and eat. So, go figure I'd run into here here and she's showing off her selfie with Gordon, hahahaha.

Damn! haha well, Gordon's not my fave chef or anything but if I managed to get a selfie with him I'd probably be showing it off, too...

You said that resto is pretty famous for celebs, what's the name? I can't make it out from the sign ㅜㅜ

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #4488 on: November 20, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »
This Gordon Ramsay thing is big news in Korea today. Apparently he gave a press conference and proclaimed Cass to be a top world beer. Or so the **** in the office told me.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2017/11/694_239492.html

According to that article this is what he actually said about Cass and Korean food:

Some westerners, such as Daniel Tudor, a former Seoul correspondent for the Economist, also slammed the country's beers as dull beverages that are inferior to North Korea's Taedonggang Beer.

Stressing that Cass perfectly matches Korean foods, Ramsay jokingly promised to "kick the British journalist's ass," if he meets Tudor.

"Europeans are not used to spices, so I think they don't know the importance of cleansing and properly washing foods down," he said. "I don't think Korean foods go well with wine or expensive beers. I want beer that is easy, fresh and something that I can drink without having to show off."

He defined Cass as a "beer of the people," which can be served with family-style dinners, unlike IPAs.

Ramsay also regards the Korean beer as "the freshest and the coolest beer" for its relatively affordable price amid the long-lasting economic recession worldwide.

Make of that what you may lol

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4489 on: November 20, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »
Pecan, I hope that if you have the grand fortune of coming across my effeminate self -- with my eyeliner, jewelry and tattoos -- that such does not make you uncomfortable.

Perhaps it's a sort of nouveau masculinity? Just look at these KPOP boy bands!
Please don't misunderstand and conflate.  I don't have any hatred or the like.  It is simply an "instinctual aversion", if you will (like how certain things make your skin crawl).

Just look at this, for example:

If that doesn't make you cringe in discomfort, I don't know what to tell you...

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4490 on: November 20, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
Pecan, I hope that if you have the grand fortune of coming across my effeminate self -- with my eyeliner, jewelry and tattoos -- that such does not make you uncomfortable.

Please don't misunderstand and conflate.  I don't have any hatred or the like.  It is simply an "instinctual aversion", if you will (like how certain things make your skin crawl).

I never thought I'd say this but....I agree with Pecan. WTF is that video?! They'll be protesting outside of Seoul city hall about that it's that cringe worthy.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4491 on: November 20, 2017, 09:19:37 AM »

I never thought I'd say this but....I agree with Pecan. WTF is that video?! They'll be protesting outside of Seoul city hall about that it's that cringe worthy.
Make it stop! That is soooo horrible to watch lol
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4492 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »
If its any consolation, the douche in your avatar is of a similar level of cringe worthiness.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4493 on: November 20, 2017, 09:31:31 AM »
If its any consolation, the douche in your avatar is of a similar level of cringe worthiness.
I am really enjoying how much an insignificant avatar bothers people.
:P :laugh: :P :laugh: :P :laugh: :P

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4494 on: November 20, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »
Becuase we are on the subject of cringey things and Kpop seems to have a special talent for being so embarrassing I have to change the channel when it comes on. The lady/guy in your av exudes that certain something and it makes me want to claw my eyes out. That you can identify it in the video while at the same time having something equally as embarrassing tied to each of your posts points to a blind spot on your part.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4495 on: November 20, 2017, 09:42:13 AM »
Becuase we are on the subject of cringey things and Kpop seems to have a special talent for being so embarrassing I have to change the channel when it comes on. The lady/guy in your av exudes that certain something and it makes me want to claw my eyes out. That you can identify it in the video while at the same time having something equally as embarrassing tied to each of your posts points to a blind spot on your part.
I said I was enjoying how much it annoys people. I put that avatar up years ago, to have one, I would have changed it years ago, but I didn't really care one or the other. But now that it annoys people, it's staying.  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:47:53 AM by travelinpantsgirl »

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4496 on: November 20, 2017, 09:44:57 AM »
awesome

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4497 on: November 20, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »

Man, I really want to just study Korean. May have to become a student again. My school squeezes all the work they can out of me, so while I do study a good bit of Korean each week (after school, that is), I'm often too tired to feel as though I've studied a worthwhile amount. :(

PNU!  Nah, taking a good [forever?] break from teaching.  I've been wanting to go back to school for something for awhile, and studying a language seems fun.  I'm also not tied down to anything at the moment so carpe diem!

Yeah, at my last job I was kept fairly busy and honestly didn't have the energy/motivation to study afterward. 

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4498 on: November 20, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »

OK well compared to this cringemageddon, I might as well be Clint Eastwood. I couldn't make it through more than a few moments.

PNU!  Nah, taking a good [forever?] break from teaching.  I've been wanting to go back to school for something for awhile, and studying a language seems fun.  I'm also not tied down to anything at the moment so carpe diem!

Yeah, at my last job I was kept fairly busy and honestly didn't have the energy/motivation to study afterward. 

I may have to follow suit. My main motivation for coming over here was to learn Korean, but unfortunately I got the polar opposite of anything resembling an easy job here, and with Korean being as difficult and dense as it is, my current progress isn't where I'd like it to be.

PNU huh... hmmm I may have to look into that. Congrats on the temporary [permanent?] break from teaching!

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4499 on: November 20, 2017, 11:26:00 AM »
some deep-seeded homosexuality.
what a fabulous misspelling
Sounds painful ;/