December 16, 2017, 03:53:45 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429531 times)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4380 on: November 06, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
I don't get the anti dokdo agenda from the people on here.

What's the problem? Why does it upset you so much? What harm is it causing you?

Why don't you just let them be?

I don't get the anti people taking the piss out of Dokdo agenda on here.

What's the problem? Why does it upset you so much? What harm is it causing you?

Why don't you just let them be?

Classic.

I see all these dokdo haters floating around yet when that free trip to the hallowed dokdo rock comes along they can't get their bags packed fast enough.  :undecided:
Yeah, no. I can't speak for others, but I was offered that free trip, and was like...a trip to a rock? No, thanks. And that was before I was having shoved down my throat every other day in some form or other.

Nice! Thank you so much for posting below. It made me feel so much more relaxed

Offline koreakorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4381 on: November 06, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »
Only been in a few relationships, one a really long term one.  How's this dating thing work?   :laugh: :-[

Nothing wrong with being single for a time, I suppose.  Certainly simplifies things.

I hear that. Got friendzoned after an eighth date. I gave her a piece of my mind. I don't play that shit.

We all love you C02 but come on man!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4382 on: November 06, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
Only been in a few relationships, one a really long term one.  How's this dating thing work?   :laugh: :-[

Nothing wrong with being single for a time, I suppose.  Certainly simplifies things.

I hear that. Got friendzoned after an eighth date. I gave her a piece of my mind. I don't play that shit.

We all love you C02 but come on man!

I see your point but does it really take 8 dates to figure out whether you're interested romantically in someone??  Or does she just enjoy free food/entertainment, if we are to assume the male is paying?  But what do I know. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4383 on: November 06, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »
I see your point but does it really take 8 dates to figure out whether you're interested romantically in someone??  Or does she just enjoy free food/entertainment, if we are to assume the male is paying?  But what do I know.

Ding ding ding, Yirj17

We made out a bunch of times. Things were going well, I thought. If you don't like me, then pay for your own damn drinks. I don't buy my friends dinner. Do I expect sex? No, I want it though. I really f'in like this woman, btw. This isn't a hobby. Fuckin love life is in the dumps. Tonight I'm going to go home and do some serious thinking about what I want, and what I'm doing with my life. This isn't just women related, there's a whole of things and I feel like there's a disaster around the corner I'm trying to ward off.

I saw this last night

and I thought, "I'm 32 but it still applies to me. I watch a lot of Peterson, but I find myself admiring his wisdom, but never following through with it. What the hell is wrong with my motivation?"

It's time for a change. I've been the drunk funny guy for too long. A lot of people don't realise that funny and happy are not synonymous. 

Rant over. I'll see y'all tomorrow and I'll be a little better than I was before.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4384 on: November 06, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »
We made out a bunch of times. Things were going well, I thought. If you don't like me, then pay for your own damn drinks. I don't buy my friends dinner. Do I expect sex? No, I want it though. I really f'in like this woman, btw. This isn't a hobby. Fuckin love life is in the dumps. Tonight I'm going to go home and do some serious thinking about what I want, and what I'm doing with my life. This isn't just women related, there's a whole of things and I feel like there's a disaster around the corner I'm trying to ward off.

I remember in secondary school liking girls and then we'd have a kind of school disco where I'd say that I'd like them but nothing happened and I'd get upset.  That time could have been better spent messing around with my friends and having fun.  So at 13, I gave up bothering.  Instead, I had a great time with my friends as I really wasn't arsed about the opposite sex.  Bar a four-year relationship at college and uni, I really wasn't bothered.  Then as a chef in Sweden, I was just too busy to try.  All the while potential girlfriends popped up but I'd already kind of closed myself off.  I don't see that as a bad thing as I was enjoying time by myself and with my family and friends.  Maybe being a believer in destiny, I thought something may pop up, but I wasn't going to look for it.  I made my destiny in loads of other ways, but a relationship wasn't one of them.  When I came to Korea first the teachers I taught with seemed to like the fact that I'd immerse myself in my work and students and they'd call me '초식남', which is kind of the guy who puts his work first. 

CO2 maybe if you'd finished that hot chilli cutlet, the girls would be all over you!!  :-* :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4385 on: November 07, 2017, 01:24:31 PM »
CO2 maybe if you'd finished that hot chilli cutlet, the girls would be all over you!!  :-* :laugh:

I'm gonna go back and try again. Love to have ya! haha

I think I'm gonna cool it on the dating for a while. I'm just not interested in all the people I'm paying for dinner for. Sure I get drinks paid for at 2차, (that's how I roll) but it's still a drain and I'm just not interested.

I'll figure myself out before I jump into anything. I used to travel a lot to different places on the weekends, but now I find I go to the same bars and drink the same shit. I love my friends, and I love going out for beers, but I need to balance that with the explorer in me who just can't activate if I'm hungover all the time.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4386 on: November 07, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »

I think I'm gonna cool it on the dating for a while. I'm just not interested in all the people I'm paying for dinner for. Sure I get drinks paid for at 2차, (that's how I roll) but it's still a drain and I'm just not interested.

I'll figure myself out before I jump into anything. I used to travel a lot to different places on the weekends, but now I find I go to the same bars and drink the same shit. I love my friends, and I love going out for beers, but I need to balance that with the explorer in me who just can't activate if I'm hungover all the time.

Travel to Busan, I'll buy you a drank  :-*

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4387 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »

CO2 eats one partial chili cutlet and every lady is all up ons.

Come with me next time. We'll duke it out! It's not poison, it actually cleans out your colon pretty well. Consider it an organic colon flush, hahahaha.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4388 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure I could eat it, but I'm sure my stomach would regret it after.

Sooooooo NOT #based behaviour.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4389 on: November 07, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »
I'll meet you in.............

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4390 on: November 07, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
I've actually been so busy the last few weeks I haven't had any time to work on planning my vacation. I'm not complaining about the work exactly, it's nice to actually have things to do, but I'm so used to using my down time to plan trips, it feels weird to not have anything done yet, except know the location.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4391 on: November 07, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »
Textbook: "Do you know about (Korean Thing)" "It's a traditional Korean (explanation in English)."

Student 1: "Do you know about Pororo? It's a traditional Korean Penguin."

Student 2: Character!! 바보~~~~~~

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4392 on: November 07, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »

CO2 eats one partial chili cutlet and every lady is all up ons.

Ahahahah!!  I am actually so averse to spicy things.  I just took the opportunity to be saucy~  :laugh:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4393 on: November 09, 2017, 06:59:00 AM »
My activity group yesterday had a trip to Paju, leaving very early in the morning.  Usually, when I come to school and the students have a trip there are always police at the school, and wondered why.  Yesterday, I saw that they are there to breathlise the drivers to see if they still have high levels of alcohol in their blood.   :huh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4394 on: November 09, 2017, 07:45:42 AM »
My activity group yesterday had a trip to Paju, leaving very early in the morning.  Usually, when I come to school and the students have a trip there are always police at the school, and wondered why.  Yesterday, I saw that they are there to breathlise the drivers to see if they still have high levels of alcohol in their blood.   :huh:
Huh, I went to Paju, too, on a teacher's trip to the Art Village across the way from the Eng village.

:-* (but the nice one) "Kevin, you can pick any art museum  you want! Look, they even have an erotic art one!"

:police: Haha, that sounds interesting, I'll do that.

VP: Who's going to the porcelain museum?

*Everyone but me*

VP: Kevin, where are you going?

:police:  :-[ The erotic art one?

VP: Oh, I see.  :huh: Enjoy.

FML

Also, the campus for Paju Eng Vill is ridiculous.

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4395 on: November 09, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
Does the Paju English Village still have a pub?  I thought someone had said it closed down.  On my one school trip there they just let me go wander.  I wouldn't want to have worked/lived there but they put a lot of bucks into that place.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4396 on: November 09, 2017, 07:58:15 AM »
Does the Paju English Village still have a pub?  I thought someone had said it closed down.  On my one school trip there they just let me go wander.  I wouldn't want to have worked/lived there but they put a lot of bucks into that place.

I saw they had a British Pub Museum. But everything was closed so no idea what that actually means. haha

Also, the campus is the definition of garish. I took so many pics. It's f'in amazing. They have a mock Stonehenge FFS 

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #4397 on: November 09, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »
Also, the campus for Paju Eng Vill is ridiculous.

Haha, yeah -- it was, by far, the largest English village I've ever seen in Korea.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4398 on: November 09, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »

I saw they had a British Pub Museum. But everything was closed so no idea what that actually means. haha

Also, the campus is the definition of garish. I took so many pics. It's f'in amazing. They have a mock Stonehenge FFS

Yeh, the 'pub museum' didn't appear to be open.  My co-teachers thought the whole thing was lovely.  But if you've been abroad and seen the real stuff, the cheap copies like this are not really that interesting.  Like 지중해마을 in Cheonan, which is supposed to look like Santorini in Greece.  Nothing like it.  Terrible rubbish.

We went for coffee in some famous announcers coffee shop.  Hwang Yong In, I think.  He had a ridiculous setup of vinyl and vintage speakers there with a stage where they have jazz and classical performances.  He came over and chatted for a bit.  All very nice.  With modern day MP3s, I made me really miss fingering through cds and vinyl.  I used to love that.  MP3s have lost that fun. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4399 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »

Yeh, the 'pub museum' didn't appear to be open.  My co-teachers thought the whole thing was lovely.  But if you've been abroad and seen the real stuff, the cheap copies like this are not really that interesting.  Like 지중해마을 in Cheonan, which is supposed to look like Santorini in Greece.  Nothing like it.  Terrible rubbish.

More like 진정해마을, amirite?  :cheesy: