December 16, 2017, 03:49:27 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429529 times)

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4220 on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
On this note...why in the evening does my neighborhood always smell like someone lit up a doobie? lol

There's a dress shop I walk by every so often that has its windows decorated with leaves. They're mostly bunched up in the corners in a docorative fashion but a few of them are placed to look like they're blowing gently through the wind.

Today I noticed they're marijuana leaves.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4221 on: September 22, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »
It's Friday and I am really bored.  I've had speaking tests all this week, exams next week, and then............................SUPER AMAZING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY WEEK!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4222 on: September 22, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
It's Friday and I am really bored.  I've had speaking tests all this week, exams next week, and then............................SUPER AMAZING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY WEEK!

I'm similar.  During the term when I have loads to do, I'm really up for it and efficient.  Students have self-study this week, tests next week and then Chuseok.  I should be making the school newspaper on Publisher, I should write my seat plans for my students for after Chuseok, I have to check out and grade the new textbooks for next year, I should edit some articles for some other students, I should be checking out what to do in Kyushu in Chuseok, and if I was smart I'd do some night class planning for after Chuseok.  But here I am.....  That 'let's do it!' has gone this week.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4223 on: September 22, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
Dave, do you have to go in during exams?

I'm similar.  During the term when I have loads to do, I'm really up for it and efficient.  Students have self-study this week, tests next week and then Chuseok.  I should be making the school newspaper on Publisher, I should write my seat plans for my students for after Chuseok, I have to check out and grade the new textbooks for next year, I should edit some articles for some other students, I should be checking out what to do in Kyushu in Chuseok, and if I was smart I'd do some night class planning for after Chuseok.  But here I am.....  That 'let's do it!' has gone this week.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4224 on: September 22, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »

Kyushuuuu yeahhh!! 

I'm fine tuning details for my next Japan trip and while slightly stressful it mostly makes me happy. 

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4225 on: September 22, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »
Dave, do you have to go in during exams?

Sure, I invigilate usually two out of the four tests each day.  We have the main invigilator and then a secondary invigilator, which is usually me.  I can get put with any teacher, which is kind of fun.  When I was in middle school I was only put with English teachers.  Now it's anyone.  So I joke with them, telling them it's their lucky day to invigilate with me  ;D TPG!!  Shouldn't you be planning your Nippon plan????

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4226 on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »
Me? Done.
Shouldn't you be planning your Nippon plan????

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4227 on: September 22, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4228 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
I've got to find out what's going on with my school's internet security settings.  I can't access my email-the page loads, but the blue bar never goes across-& now I can't see or make comments on FB. 

My coT is gone for the day because the first graders went to see a movie.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4229 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4230 on: September 22, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4231 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
i have one class full of really tall boys with big personalities. they seem about a year or two older than the rest of the class. i heard from my CT that they cause their homeroom teacher such a headache because they have so much energy and are so domineering.
but i was actually surprised to hear that, because in our class they are so focused and well behaved. i thought they just happened to all be mild-mannered giants but nope, turns out the biggest and rowdiest boys in the class also happen to have the best English skills, probably top 10 in their grade. Lucky for my CT and I, they put all of their energy into learning English and their class is one of my favorites to teach. kinda funny that they change once they get to their homeroom. usually it's the other way around!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4232 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
Me? Done.

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Preferably Hiroshima style.  I am all about them noodles. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4233 on: September 25, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »
slaykey bowngtoo jew say yo

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4234 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4235 on: September 25, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Day turk errr jerbs....

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4236 on: September 25, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
Gee you gay = Eraser

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4237 on: September 26, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4238 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Don't let Kimdoham find out about this for the love of...
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4239 on: September 26, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »

You can get them at your local police station. Not expensive either.