December 15, 2017, 09:57:17 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429368 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4140 on: September 08, 2017, 02:38:35 PM »
I'm too naturally quiet. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally scared somebody who didn't know I was there. I had to purposely make a lot of noise when I went to get kimbap yesterday because both of their backs were turned.

Poke some holes in the soles of your shoes/slippers so that air gets trapped in them. That way when you walk, they'll make a "clicking" noise that'll announce your presence from a hundred feet away.

Then no one will have an excuse.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4141 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:16 PM »
I'm too naturally quiet. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally scared somebody who didn't know I was there. I had to purposely make a lot of noise when I went to get kimbap yesterday because both of their backs were turned.

Poke some holes in the soles of your shoes/slippers so that air gets trapped in them. That way when you walk, they'll make a "clicking" noise that'll announce your presence from a hundred feet away.

Waygook.org user Chinguetti, the lifehacks thread is over there.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #4142 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »

This sounds suspiciously like a #based Life Hack™ to me...

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #4143 on: September 08, 2017, 02:57:16 PM »

Waygook.org user Chinguetti, the lifehacks thread is over there.
HA! damnit...

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4144 on: September 08, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »
Where do people get the time from to go on for pages and pages on this forum with their fancy multi quotes? Surely they must have some work to do?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry:  :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: RIGHT?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4145 on: September 08, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »

I think you should get a pair of wooden clogs.  Or tap shoes :D

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4146 on: September 08, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »

I [unintentionally] scared my mom a lot when I lived at home.  She'd tell me to stop sneaking up on her and I'd tell her she should be used to it already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have always had this problem. I move too quietly... apparently. Not entirely sure how. But yeah I can relate
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline wanderlust8

• Adventurer
« Reply #4147 on: September 08, 2017, 03:11:25 PM »
The kids were throwing a ball around before class started (one of those soft ones). The windows were open. The ball ended up going out the window. Which wasn't an easy task since there were shades over most of the window. But somehow they managed to throw it at just the right angle that it went out. Did it land on the ground? Nope. Landed on the top of walkway covering thing probably never to be seen again.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4148 on: September 08, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
I only made the 'do you say hello to the bus driver?' thread to see what codswallop DeMartino could come up with.  :cry:
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4149 on: September 12, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »
I brought out my collection of plastic on my way to work this morning, and an old man applauded me as he walked by. Not sure what the applause was for because a number of reasons can apply, if you really think about it, but, either way, I bowed a little on instinct and that was a good way to start the day.

Too bad work was really quick to ruin it.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4150 on: September 13, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
This is my trash day. I can't decide if I want McDonald's or Papa John's.

Online DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #4151 on: September 13, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
This is my trash day. I can't decide if I want McDonald's or Papa John's.

The grilled mushroom from McD's gets my vote!

Better than the other "signature" burgers IMHO. I've never had Papa John's though, there may be a pizza-shaped hole in my life and I wouldn't even know it  :sad:

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #4152 on: September 13, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
McD apples pies are 1+1 right now I believe ;)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4153 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:48 AM »
Thanks, I ended up going with McD's because it was cheaper and that was the kind of filth I needed last night.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4154 on: September 14, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
Thanks, I ended up going with McD's because it was cheaper and that was the kind of filth I needed last night.

Nothing beats Costco for hot trash.

I had sushi, a hotdog, clam chowder, pizza, and a zero cola for dinner and it was great.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4155 on: September 14, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »
Nothing beats Costco for hot trash.

I had sushi, a hotdog, clam chowder, pizza, and a zero cola for dinner and it was great.

Now I want sushi.

But I haven't been able to find a place around here that serves good sushi. It's all been flavorless, weirdly-textured crap.  :cry:

Haven't tried Costco sushi, though. But I will.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:18:36 AM by Chinguetti »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4156 on: September 14, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »

I love the shrimp burger.  Delicious garbage.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4157 on: September 14, 2017, 09:59:52 AM »
Now I want sushi.

But I haven't been able to find a place around here that serves good sushi. It's all been flavorless, weirdly-textured crap.  :cry:

Haven't tried Costco sushi, though. But I will.
I'm burdened with an intensely risk-seeking personality, which is why I picked up sushi at the local(ish) e-mart the other day. I was pleasantly surprised when we ate it: not terribly bland, nor overly dried-out. I was pleasantly surprised again the next day when I wasn't doubled over on the floor puking my guts out*. Win-win!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:07:13 AM by kyndo »

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4158 on: September 14, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
Since this is the pointless thread...
I work in a school where I teach my own classes. Shedding the coteacher model was the most freeing amazing thing ever! Literally, I teach whatever I want, no one ever asks what I am going to teach, no open classes, etc. However...

My head teacher changed this year (as they are apt to do every so often at this level) and she's the opposite of my last one. Cold, colorless, and essentially odd, almost robotic. My last one was was friendly and generally easy going, though she spoke very little English, but we got on fairly well...we communicated :-*. This one IS an ENGLISH TEACHER and can speak English, but she's massively foreigner awkward (She constantly giggles when I speak Korean, even though I have asked her not to, so I've taken to giggling when she speaks English  :laugh: and that seems to have some effect). So she comes in and acts like we're (the other foreign teacher and I) the new ones lol. She wants put her mark (ex: dog+new fire hydrant=new territory) so I guess she's telling the Korean teachers who come in (for literally 75 seconds) to check heads that they should be more involved or some weird crap, because today one of the teachers I normally get along with starts talking my students while I am trying to get them to write. Basically distracting them >:(. Also, she told a student (who knows she needs to ask me) she can go to the bathroom. I think I am going to pop into one of her classes on one of my many breaks and tell a student they can go to the bathroom and see how she likes the interference :P. Another teacher (who is an English teacher but can't actually speak much English) who comes in completely ignores me when I politely called to her. These are my classes and they know it, so it really setting me on edge today because I have been here several years and this change only started w/ robot boss. ugh.   >:( >:(
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4159 on: September 14, 2017, 12:10:34 PM »
Since this is the pointless thread...
I work in a school where I teach my own classes. Shedding the coteacher model was the most freeing amazing thing ever! Literally, I teach whatever I want, no one ever asks what I am going to teach, no open classes, etc. However...

My head teacher changed this year (as they are apt to do every so often at this level) and she's the opposite of my last one. Cold, colorless, and essentially odd, almost robotic. My last one was was friendly and generally easy going, though she spoke very little English, but we got on fairly well...we communicated :-*. This one IS an ENGLISH TEACHER and can speak English, but she's massively foreigner awkward (She constantly giggles when I speak Korean, even though I have asked her not to, so I've taken to giggling when she speaks English  :laugh: and that seems to have some effect). So she comes in and acts like we're (the other foreign teacher and I) the new ones lol. She wants put her mark (ex: dog+new fire hydrant=new territory) so I guess she's telling the Korean teachers who come in (for literally 75 seconds) to check heads that they should be more involved or some weird crap, because today one of the teachers I normally get along with starts talking my students while I am trying to get them to write. Basically distracting them >:(. Also, she told a student (who knows she needs to ask me) she can go to the bathroom. I think I am going to pop into one of her classes on one of my many breaks and tell a student they can go to the bathroom and see how she likes the interference :P. Another teacher (who is an English teacher but can't actually speak much English) who comes in completely ignores me when I politely called to her. These are my classes and they know it, so it really setting me on edge today because I have been here several years and this change only started w/ robot boss. ugh.   >:( >:(

Hate it when that happens. But that's the lottery we are a part of. Every time March rolls around I pray that there are no changes to the English teachers and VP/P.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?