December 16, 2017, 03:43:11 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429527 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3840 on: June 23, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3841 on: June 23, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
Yes I think a sock account is a grand idea. Perhaps i could have a happy me account and a miserable me account (so basically just keep this one going). ALSO

I clearly missed something on here today because of the constant "unavailability" of the site. People were muted but why?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3842 on: June 23, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
Yes I think a sock account is a grand idea. Perhaps i could have a happy me account and a miserable me account (so basically just keep this one going). ALSO

I clearly missed something on here today because of the constant "unavailability" of the site. People were muted but why?

I know some people have gotten muted for going into religion discussion. A lot of accounts also get reported for various reasons.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3843 on: June 23, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »

I was wondering about that myself, though I only noticed that Donovan had been muted.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3844 on: June 23, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »

I was wondering about that myself, though I only noticed that Donovan had been muted.

Yeah Donovan - I don't know what happened at all....
Kumar got what he deserved and I think that may have been a day or two ago (oh okay check he is moderated now)........ BUT Donovan???? huh?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3845 on: June 23, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
I missed it too.
Insofar as I know, "No jam" doesn't go about breaking the ToS so I'm also wondering what they got him for.

At least he wasn't given a temporary ban. Those suck.

Anybody have any good "The mods got me because..." stories?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3846 on: June 23, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »
Speaking tests are finally over.

The only good takeaway I have from this week is the amount of asskissery that I won't see again until the next speaking test Hell-week. It doesn't affect how I grade them at all, but it does provide me with enough entertainment to shave down my hackles a bit.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3847 on: June 23, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »
I missed it too.
Insofar as I know, "No jam" doesn't go about breaking the ToS so I'm also wondering what they got him for.

At least he wasn't given a temporary ban. Those suck.

Anybody have any good "The mods got me because..." stories?

I once got caught up in mass sock-banning when my wife registered an account on one forum.

Offline Steel rails

• Explorer
« Reply #3848 on: June 23, 2017, 09:04:01 PM »
Hello all, your old friend Steel Rails here. fellow www.waygook.org user Donovan has reached out to me to put an end to this wild and reckless speculation as to why he was so mercilessly muted on this otherwise venerable forum. As you all know, there is a rather popular thread currently on the front page of the site that informed other users of the worrisome lack of rain in this fine Republic as of late, and to date it has sparked an important and vigorous debate on American showering habits. Donovan originally titled this thread '가뭄', an ingenious move that both references the crisis that has gripped this Country and gives a nod to the native tongue.  Fellow waygook.org user gogators! was the first to respond, and Donovan was quick to counter, but he noticed the thread title had inexplicably been changed to it's current title. Unhappy with the change in 느낌, he simultaneously changed the title back to its original '가몸'. Overnight, seemingly without explanation, the title changed once again to 'Drought causes water shortage...' For Donovan's next reply, he promptly changed the title again, this time settling for '비 온다면 좋겠다', sensing someone behind the curtain took umbrage with the original title. Little did he know that prior to this response he had been given a warning by a site moderator -- who will go unnamed -- that to increase 'visibility' to others on the site, he was to keep the title as the moderator had changed it and was instructed to not alter it again. But by this time it was too late and the damaged was done. He had been muted. Left without a voice to defend himself, he sulked for the entire day. It was little more than a misunderstanding, but that could not prevent the self-pitying spiral that was to follow. He ruminated that perhaps this had something to do with his other recent warning from same moderator, which accused him of violating the Terms of Service by starting a quickly-nixed 'Megyn Kelly Megathread 1.0', meant to bring some order to the multiple Kelly threads that were floating around on this site. Maybe, in fact, his disapproving references to other threads that were recently locked, meant jocularly, inadvertently got under the skin of said moderator. Nobody can really know, and at this point Donovan has come to terms with it and feels no ill-will. But butt-hurt doesn't pass so easily, and our friend Donny has decided that perhaps a break could do him some good. He's going to take this time to reflect on the online life he has lived, and the real-life opportunity it has cost him. He wants to see what it's like to pester people face-to-face. To express his anger, disillusionment, and fringe political views not with feeble exclamation points, but guttural growls.

This is what Donny asked me to share with all of you, but if I may insert myself here for a moment, I suspect his muting might also have something to do with his sending waygook.org user Mr. DeMartino grainy crotch-shots from the locker room after vigorous workout sessions. Some would say lewd; He would say they were tastefully composed.

In the meantime, Donny may from time to time post using his alter-ego account pecan. Until then, Waygook will be one bloviating blowhard less, but this should afford others the opportunity to assume the mantle.

As to why nicewaaaygoookkorea got muted, I can only speculate that it's because he was using an unlicensed Kal Penn vanity photo as his profile picture.

Donny's last wish was to share a laugh with you all. Please, see attached~
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:08:05 PM by Steel rails »
I'll take my answer off the air.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3849 on: June 23, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
Hello all, your old friend Steel Rails here. fellow www.waygook.org user Donovan has reached out to me to put an end to this wild and reckless speculation as to why he was so mercilessly muted on this otherwise venerable forum. As you all know, there is a rather popular thread currently on the front page of the site that informed other users of the worrisome lack of rain in this fine Republic as of late, and to date it has sparked an important and vigorous debate on American showering habits. Donovan originally titled this thread '가뭄', an ingenious move that both references the crisis that has gripped this Country and gives a nod to the native tongue.  Fellow waygook.org user gogators! was the first to respond, and Donovan was quick to counter, but he noticed the thread title had inexplicably been changed to it's current title. Unhappy with the change in 느낌, he simultaneously changed the title back to its original '가몸'. Overnight, seemingly without explanation, the title changed once again to 'Drought causes water shortage...' For Donovan's next reply, he promptly changed the title again, this time settling for '비 온다면 좋겠다', sensing someone behind the curtain took umbrage with the original title. Little did he know that prior to this response he had been given a warning by a site moderator -- who will go unnamed -- that to increase 'visibility' to others on the site, he was to keep the title as the moderator had changed it and was instructed to not alter it again. But by this time it was too late and the damaged was done. He had been muted. Left without a voice to defend himself, he sulked for the entire day. It was little more than a misunderstanding, but that could not prevent the self-pitying spiral that was to follow. He ruminated that perhaps this had something to do with his other recent warning from same moderator, which accused him of violating the Terms of Service by starting a quickly-nixed 'Megyn Kelly Megathread 1.0', meant to bring some order to the multiple Kelly threads that were floating around on this site. Maybe, in fact, his disapproving references to other threads that were recently locked, meant jocularly, inadvertently got under the skin of said moderator. Nobody can really know, and at this point Donovan has come to terms with it and feels no ill-will. But butt-hurt doesn't pass so easily, and our friend Donny has decided that perhaps a break could do him some good. He's going to take this time to reflect on the online life he has lived, and the real-life opportunity it has cost him. He wants to see what it's like to pester people face-to-face. To express his anger, disillusionment, and fringe political views not with feeble exclamation points, but guttural growls.

This is what Donny asked me to share with all of you, but if I may insert myself here for a moment, I suspect his muting might also have something to do with his sending waygook.org user Mr. DeMartino grainy crotch-shots from the locker room after vigorous workout sessions. Some would say lewd; He would say they were tastefully composed.

In the meantime, Donny may from time to time post using his alter-ego account pecan. Until then, Waygook will be one bloviating blowhard less, but this should afford others the opportunity to assume the mantle.

As to why nicewaaaygoookkorea got muted, I can only speculate that it's because he was using an unlicensed Kal Penn vanity photo as his profile picture.

Donny's last wish was to share a laugh with you all. Please, see attached~
Excuse me?

"Pecan" is no alter-ego account of Donny.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3850 on: June 26, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »
"Pecan" is no alter-ego account of Donny.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3851 on: June 26, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3852 on: June 26, 2017, 09:21:30 AM »
I don't particularly care because I wouldn't drink it anyway but why am I the only one in the office who doesn't get milk :(

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3853 on: June 26, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »
I don't particularly care because I wouldn't drink it anyway but why am I the only one in the office who doesn't get milk :(
Because you didn't specifically ask for it, I'm guessing. It's a monthly programme that teachers opt in and pay for. Something like 250 won per day when I last checked.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3854 on: June 26, 2017, 09:39:27 AM »
Man, what a weekend. On Friday, some friends and I got wasted at a 보건소 in rural........., well, not to be too specific, but west of Seoul. W@e stayed there overnight in preparation to go out to the islands off Incheon. We took our blood pressure prior and after we got drunk, hahahaha. The nurse who runs it let us stay there, so it wasn't B+E, obv. But it was interesting being in there having some red wine and snacks at 1:00AM.

Then the island. So cool. We went clam digging and I got 60 of the things. So delicious.

But the highlight of the island was the abandoned school. At one point there would have been enough kids on the island to support a school but not now. It closed 5 years ago and the back door was open. So while my friends stayed at the minbak, I camped in the old principal's office by myself. Couldn't even see my own hand in front of my face.

Also, you can see NK from the northern beach on this island. Pretty surreal looking through binoculars.
Supercool weekend.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3855 on: June 26, 2017, 09:47:39 AM »
Then the island. So cool. We went clam digging and I got 60 of the things. So deliciousdelicious delicious

Bwahhhha.

On the serious, sounds like a baller time.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3856 on: June 26, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
Then the island. So cool. We went clam digging and I got 60 of the things. So deliciousdelicious delicious

Bwahhhha.

Do you know clam? I can eat clams very well.

(But seriously, are you making fun of me? hahaha I don't get it.)

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #3857 on: June 26, 2017, 10:18:14 AM »
Because you didn't specifically ask for it, I'm guessing. It's a monthly programme that teachers opt in and pay for. Something like 250 won per day when I last checked.

Yeah, teachers have to pay for the milk if they want to receive it. It's not free.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3858 on: June 26, 2017, 10:37:15 AM »

Yeah, teachers have to pay for the milk if they want to receive it. It's not free.

Ahh I see, I assumed it was somehow included in the teacher's fee.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3859 on: June 26, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »

Bwahhhha.

Do you know clam? I can eat clams very well.

(But seriously, are you making fun of me? hahaha I don't get it.)

Just poking fun at the delicious bit! Someone here awhile back had a mini rant about Koreans and the word "delicious" so every time I see a NET use that word I giggle inside like the immature child that I am.