December 18, 2017, 04:57:31 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 431588 times)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3820 on: June 21, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
There is a guy I knew in university that I constantly see posting on FB asking for someone to babysit his 2-3 month old baby, always for free. I don't know why it annoys me so much, it doesn't affect me at all, but the way he always adds on "No compensation" gets me.

This actually annoys me just hearing about it. People seem to expect the rest of the world to drop everything when they need something.

I have a dude like that on FB but on top of that he's always crying about how he isn't getting enough on welfare to feed his kids (kids which were planned and born after him and his GF were on disability for 3 years) but then he posts pictures from "mail day" showing off his new 30$ records that just came in.

Some people are trash.

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3821 on: June 21, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
There is a guy I knew in university that I constantly see posting on FB asking for someone to babysit his 2-3 month old baby, always for free. I don't know why it annoys me so much, it doesn't affect me at all, but the way he always adds on "No compensation" gets me.

This actually annoys me just hearing about it. People seem to expect the rest of the world to drop everything when they need something.

I have a dude like that on FB but on top of that he's always crying about how he isn't getting enough on welfare to feed his kids (kids which were planned and born after him and his GF were on disability for 3 years) but then he posts pictures from "mail day" showing off his new 30$ records that just came in.

Some people are trash.
Ah, well my guy isn't on welfare. He is just being extraordinarily cheap. But in regards to welfare, there are definitely better ways to use it when you have to feed your kids.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3822 on: June 21, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »
Have you ever seen a kid below the age of 15 who actually dressed up for a wedding in Korea, aside from maybe the flower girl or the hanboked kid that attends here or there? It's always a sullied t-shirt and crocs.

I did, however, happen to see my first Korean goth girl at the last wedding I attending. An all black dress with white lace adorning the top that had a macabre feel to it.  Black stockings with black combat boots. Long straight hair with deep, straight-cut bangs that was dyed hot-pink but black at the roots. She was also slightly tall with a super-thin frame that made her seem a little emaciated and enhanced the effect.

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3823 on: June 21, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »
Teach the same lesson more than once can be nice because I get really familiar with the material, and I don't have to prepare a ton of lessons every day, but it's so hard to be enthusiastic in class when it's the 5th time presenting the same information.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3824 on: June 21, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »
I wish I could leave my main school when I'm not needed to workout.  I teach the same lesson 12 times a week, so I don't need to lesson plan that much. It's hard enough to discipline myself to workout, especially when I actually have motivation around 2 and have to wait until 5 when I'm tired.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3825 on: June 21, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »
I wish I could leave my main school when I'm not needed to workout.  I teach the same lesson 12 times a week, so I don't need to lesson plan that much. It's hard enough to discipline myself to workout, especially when I actually have motivation around 2 and have to wait until 5 when I'm tired.

Could you work out at your school? My school has a track and pull up bars. Might feel weird getting sweaty in front of the kids, though...

Otherwise, I little snack right before leaving work might get your energy up~

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3826 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:45 PM »

Could you work out at your school? My school has a track and pull up bars. Might feel weird getting sweaty in front of the kids, though...

Otherwise, I little snack right before leaving work might get your energy up~

My school does have a track, but unfortunately, I sweat A LOT and don't smell too pleasant when I finish. It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't in the teachers' room at this school.  :laugh:

I think I'll get some granola bars to snack on the next time I go to Costco.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3827 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
Have you ever seen a kid below the age of 15 who actually dressed up for a wedding in Korea, aside from maybe the flower girl or the hanboked kid that attends here or there? It's always a sullied t-shirt and crocs.

I did, however, happen to see my first Korean goth girl at the last wedding I attending. An all black dress with white lace adorning the top that had a macabre feel to it.  Black stockings with black combat boots. Long straight hair with deep, straight-cut bangs that was dyed hot-pink but black at the roots. She was also slightly tall with a super-thin frame that made her seem a little emaciated and enhanced the effect.

I tend to avoid weddings, but the few I've been to, I haven't seen any slobby looking children. Maybe one or two, but they're certainly the exception. Usually kids seem like their parents dress them up, or at least try to.

I must have married into a hillbilly family :sad:

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3828 on: June 21, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »
Just received my first lowest-grade-possible student. Refused to say a word. I can normally coax an answer for a couple of questions so that I can justify giving this or that student a higher grade. But not this time. It's not his first offense, either -- he's not suffering from some kind of social disorder or anything. He just doesn't like English and wants everyone to feel it, and somehow a refusal to participate hurts us more than it does him?

The amount of effort that goes into the "I don't give a ****" attitude from some of these students is astounding. It would just be easier if they at least tried.

I don't know which I find more annoying: the students who refuse to say a word or the ones that repeat everything back in Korean  :lipsrsealed:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3829 on: June 22, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
Should I use this picture to show "Go see a doctor?"

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3830 on: June 23, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
Got to work a few minutes late. The only souls to be seen were workers painting the walls. Eventually one other teacher showed up.

All right then.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3831 on: June 23, 2017, 10:37:20 AM »
Got a bunch of damn hypochondriacs in my class.

Runny nose, what do you do?

Go see a doctor!

Headache, what do you do?

Go see a doctor!

Stomachache, what do you do?

Go see a doctor!

Jesus Christ. hahahahaha What's next? Stub your toe? GO SEE A DOCTOR! Mosquito bite? GO SEE A DOCTOR.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:49:39 AM by CO2 »

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3832 on: June 23, 2017, 10:59:01 AM »
I miss being able to buy Nyquil  :cry:

Online JNM

• The Legend

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3834 on: June 23, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
I saw an advert for Air Seoul, and immediately thought that it would be funny if they flew to Gander (or Shannon). 

The Newfoundland (or Irish) accents would be superb!

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3835 on: June 23, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
I'm just eating an avocado for lunch today.

@CO2- At least you got the target phrase across to them!  :laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3836 on: June 23, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
I have "It's a Small World" stuck in my head :'(

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3837 on: June 23, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
Speaking tests are trudging on. Still have two more classes to drag myself through today. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm at that point where I'd rather walk through fire.

I think my coTs can sense my disillusionment with the world right now, they keep giving me snacks.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3838 on: June 23, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3839 on: June 23, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
Yes I think a sock account is a grand idea. Perhaps i could have a happy me account and a miserable me account (so basically just keep this one going). ALSO

I clearly missed something on here today because of the constant "unavailability" of the site. People were muted but why?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne