December 18, 2017, 04:47:08 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 431583 times)

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3260 on: April 05, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
I wish I could easily buy Easter treats in Korea. I dont care much for sweets anymore but actually this time of year I like them even more than Halloween haha. I miss Cadburys..the good stuff...

+1 I miss Cadbury's creme eggs  and back home I would buy a box of 48 marshmallow eggs and eat them until I felt a little ill. I miss that so much.

Thing is when you are young, Cadbury Creme Eggs are ace, and you can't get enough of them.  Then as you get older and your chocolate tastes become more refined, you realise they are way too sugary.  I do miss Easter eggs though.   :sad:

I'm 40. I have refined chocolate taste and still LOOOOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs. We all have a thing.  :azn:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3261 on: April 05, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3262 on: April 05, 2017, 12:36:17 PM »

Yeah, really love this show. Basically both professional and amateur-but-talented chefs/cooks compete against each other and have to use whatever ingredient Ron Ben-Israel (world reknown pastry chef) presents them with to make whatever dessert. Sometimes the ingredients make sense to use with desserts, but other times it's off-the-wall shit... like I think duck meat was one.

Sadly, show was canceled after season 3, but I still love watching it and hope that they bring it back someday.
Ohhh, ok. I'll check it out. Watch Series here I come!

It sounds like a sweets version of Chopped. I like Cupcake Wars, but had a harder time getting into Cake Boss. I liked Ace of Cakes better.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3263 on: April 05, 2017, 12:42:10 PM »

Yeah, really love this show. Basically both professional and amateur-but-talented chefs/cooks compete against each other and have to use whatever ingredient Ron Ben-Israel (world reknown pastry chef) presents them with to make whatever dessert. Sometimes the ingredients make sense to use with desserts, but other times it's off-the-wall shit... like I think duck meat was one.

Sadly, show was canceled after season 3, but I still love watching it and hope that they bring it back someday.

It sounds like a sweets version of Chopped. I like Cupcake Wars, but had a harder time getting into Cake Boss. I liked Ace of Cakes better.

I could see duck meat being in a dessert if it was treated with a sweet sauce like a plum glaze or some such.  Mhmm.  Meat pie~

Oops I totally meant Ace of Cakes.  In uni I once lived in an apt with cable included and I was always watching Food Network.  That's like the one channel I'd consider getting cable for.  That and the channel that does marathons of Law & Order SVU. 

Also, BERENSTEIN

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3264 on: April 05, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »

I could see duck meat being in a dessert if it was treated with a sweet sauce like a plum glaze or some such.  Mhmm.  Meat pie~

Oops I totally meant Ace of Cakes.  In uni I once lived in an apt with cable included and I was always watching Food Network.  That's like the one channel I'd consider getting cable for.  That and the channel that does marathons of Law & Order SVU. 

Also, BERENSTEIN
I didn't have cable until late in life when we got it for my dad who was sick and had to stay at home all day. He couldn't do much but watch tv. Thats when I got hooked on Food Network. Later, my friend and I went to Vegas together and she ended up getting really bad heat exhaustion, so we stayed in our hotel room all day and I introduced her to FN then.

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3265 on: April 05, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »

Wait. Are these shows that unironically exist? I'm hopelessly out of touch with TV, but is Cake Boss a literal show that coexists in a world with Ace of Cakes and Cupcake Wars?

Also, people who can bake are impressive. Baking is hard. But. I don't get how so many cake-shows can exist.
Agreed, some are a bit redundant, but still fun. Ace of Cakes is a guy who has a cake shop in Boston that takes really crazy designs and puts them into cake form. They can be super impressive.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3266 on: April 05, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »

Also, BERENSTEIN

Not according to the books on my kid's shelf.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3267 on: April 05, 2017, 12:56:30 PM »
Yeah, always preferred Ace of Cakes to Cake Boss, too. The personalities on Ace of Cakes are more fun, imo. I liked the idea of Cupcake Wars, lots of interesting cupcake flavors, but I found the show itself boring a lot of the time, too.

Wait. Are these shows that unironically exist? I'm hopelessly out of touch with TV, but is Cake Boss a literal show that coexists in a world with Ace of Cakes and Cupcake Wars?

Also, people who can bake are impressive. Baking is hard. But. I don't get how so many cake-shows can exist.

People really, really like cakes. Can you blame them? They're so pretty.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3268 on: April 05, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »

Because people love poison.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3269 on: April 05, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »

Also, BERENSTEIN

Nor mine as well.  But my memory insists upon Berenstein.  Berenstain is a stain upon my childhood. 

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3270 on: April 05, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »

Also, BERENSTEIN

Nor mine as well.  But my memory insists upon Berenstein.  Berenstain is a stain upon my childhood.
Berenstain just sounds wrong. Whenever I took one of those Mandela Effect quizzes, this was the only one that tripped me up.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3271 on: April 05, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »

Also, BERENSTEIN

Berenstain just sounds wrong. Whenever I took one of those Mandela Effect quizzes, this was the only one that tripped me up.

Right?  All the others I was like aight but Berenstain... no!!  >:( :huh: :shocked:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3272 on: April 05, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »

One of the contestants combined it with chocolate and made a pie out of it, I think... could be that chocolate was one of the other required ingredients, too. They normally start off with one required ingredient to fit with whatever category (cake, candy, etc), but then they get "surprised" by a second required ingredient somewhere in the process. Part of the show's appeal was to see how well contestants could think on their feet and make changes to fit what they were preparing.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3273 on: April 05, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
YES!! Iron Chef ftw!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3274 on: April 05, 2017, 01:16:04 PM »
Just a reminder that these hilarious animations sum up how we've all felt at one point.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Waygookin1

Online Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3275 on: April 05, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »
i made creme egg brownies once and they were amazing (not to toot my own horn)

i would do unspeakable things for a creme egg right now

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3276 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:06 PM »
YES!! Iron Chef ftw!
The greatest moment on TV history happened on Iron Chef and I remember watching it on.................... wth was it.................. ah! Cable television.

Frozen Peas!

Online Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3277 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »
oops i was on the wrong page of this thread so responded to posts from a page or so back  :laugh:, sorry to bring the conversation back to creme eggs.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3278 on: April 05, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »
These honestly have me dying every time.

THANK YOU, FOREIGNER

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3279 on: April 05, 2017, 01:24:58 PM »
i made creme egg brownies once and they were amazing (not to toot my own horn)

i would do unspeakable things for a creme egg right now

Ooo those look divine.  In uni I used to make cakes/cupcakes stuffed with chocolate candy pieces (like bite sized snickers and the like).  It's a wonder I didn't become exceptionally fat