December 15, 2017, 09:55:54 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429368 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3120 on: March 23, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »
I dislike the look of those patches.  When I first saw them I'd do a double take because I was uncertain of what I was looking at.  I feel as if they bring more attention to your face than simply letting your spots breathe fresh air. 

YoungMin

« Reply #3121 on: March 23, 2017, 03:04:14 PM »
My thoughts exactly. I'd forgotten about the bike when all I could think of was 'how has this guy left the house looking like this'.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3122 on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:16 PM »
Korea is so tech advanced that you can actually just go to Gmarket and download the patch.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3123 on: March 23, 2017, 03:24:30 PM »
Fewer things are less elegant than a cafeteria of Koreans trying to use knives and forks on Dankatsu day!

I always find it funny how people literally don't know how to use a knife and fork properly, and yet are always surprised when whitey uses chopsticks.
Maybe thats why they are so surprised. They can't handle our cutlery, how can we handle theirs?  :undecided: :laugh:

YoungMin

« Reply #3124 on: March 23, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
Fewer things are less elegant than a cafeteria of Koreans trying to use knives and forks on Dankatsu day!

I always find it funny how people literally don't know how to use a knife and fork properly, and yet are always surprised when whitey uses chopsticks.
Maybe thats why they are so surprised. They can't handle our cutlery, how can we handle theirs?  :undecided: :laugh:

Every time I eat lunch the teachers comment on how I don't have any kimchi on my tray. Today I decided to put some on as an experiment. They were all like Scarn has kimchi! Kimchi is delicious etc. Ate my food and left the kimchi and scraped it off into the abyss and walked away like a boss.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3125 on: March 23, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »
People are really sensitive about sarcasm/hyperbole here.

Co-T "The kids are very bad today."

Me "Yeah, let's make a little jail behind the school and we can lock them in there. haha"

Co-T "No, no! Don't say that. That is not good."

OBVIOUSLY IT WAS A JOKE. OBVIOUSLY

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3126 on: March 23, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »
People are really sensitive about sarcasm/hyperbole here.

Co-T "The kids are very bad today."

Me "Yeah, let's make a little jail behind the school and we can lock them in there. haha"

Co-T "No, no! Don't say that. That is not good."

OBVIOUSLY IT WAS A JOKE. OBVIOUSLY

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3127 on: March 23, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »

Every time I eat lunch the teachers comment on how I don't have any kimchi on my tray. Today I decided to put some on as an experiment. They were all like Scarn has kimchi! Kimchi is delicious etc. Ate my food and left the kimchi and scraped it off into the abyss and walked away like a boss.

Some schools have forks and knives??? All of my schools (in the boonies) have ONLY spoons and chopsticks.  And it's the metal ones which I don't like-- I prefer wood chopsticks.  None of the food has ever warranted need of a knife though. 

I always put a smidgen of kimchi on my tray and always dispose of it.  If I ever try to not put kimchi there are always comments or well-intentioned lunch ladies pointing out that I "forgot" the kimchi.   :lipsrsealed:  It's much easier to pretend I'm going to try it and then just not. 

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3128 on: March 23, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »

Ugh this is half the reason why I want to quit lunch forever. I don't get as many comments as I do looks that are most certainly cataloguing what I have/haven't gotten, how much I'm throwing away, and somehow it's either "YOU BARELY EAT ANYTHING" or "WOW YOU SURE HAVE A LOT OF ______"

Just please let me live.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3129 on: March 24, 2017, 05:44:24 AM »
I dislike the look of those patches.  When I first saw them I'd do a double take because I was uncertain of what I was looking at.  I feel as if they bring more attention to your face than simply letting your spots breathe fresh air.

I used one once, but to disguise a cut I'd gotten on my nose from my glasses when I was drunk (and to reduce the pain of having my glasses on the cut hah)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3130 on: March 24, 2017, 06:02:16 AM »
I thought those patches had some kind of medicine on them to help treat pimples, and to protect them from further contamination.

Was I wrong?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3131 on: March 24, 2017, 06:09:15 AM »
I thought so too. I don't think it's worse than leaving them be. And for people who are like obsessive and can't not pick it keeps them covered to help you with not picking

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3132 on: March 24, 2017, 07:20:34 AM »
For some reason it just looks weird to me.  Maybe if they were at least round instead of square?

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3133 on: March 24, 2017, 07:31:08 AM »

What you should have done, was rocked into the cafeteria, making sure everyone was looking at you.  Pick up the whole canteen of kimchi.  With everyone still looking, lift it above your head and tip it over your head.  While the eyes are still on you, orgasmically rub it all over your body, and into any crevices, moaning a little under your breath.  Then throw the canteen out of the window, and rock back out of the school cafeteria with a visible semi.  Korean legend in the making. 

Online DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #3134 on: March 24, 2017, 07:38:32 AM »

What you should have done, was rocked into the cafeteria, making sure everyone was looking at you.  Pick up the whole canteen of kimchi.  With everyone still looking, lift it above your head and tip it over your head.  While the eyes are still on you, orgasmically rub it all over your body, and into any crevices, moaning a little under your breath.  Then throw the canteen out of the window, and rock back out of the school cafeteria with a visible semi.  Korean legend in the making.

Thanks now the thought of  Steve Carell covered in kimchi will be with me all day!

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3135 on: March 24, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »

Ugh this is half the reason why I want to quit lunch forever. I don't get as many comments as I do looks that are most certainly cataloguing what I have/haven't gotten, how much I'm throwing away, and somehow it's either "YOU BARELY EAT ANYTHING" or "WOW YOU SURE HAVE A LOT OF ______"

Just please let me live.

It was Bibimbap day.  I took my bowl, and a bit of each of the required sides.
When we sat down, I noticed that my co-workers each had a scope of red sauce. A few minuted later they noticed that I did not.

"It's alright!" I said, "I'll just eat it like this... it isn't worth going back."

"You must have it!  It will not be delicious without it."

One of them actually went back to the slop trough and got a small bowl for me.

"Thanks."

:|

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3136 on: March 24, 2017, 07:50:57 AM »
For some reason it just looks weird to me.  Maybe if they were at least round instead of square?

They come in square?  :shocked:

The ones I've seen in my area are all round. I think a lot of the girls buy them from stores like Innisfree and... Etude, maybe?

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #3137 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:47 AM »
I hate how nutrition facts in Korean are often listed in a paragraph rather than in a chart. It would be much easier to figure it all out if it were laid out differently...

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3138 on: March 24, 2017, 08:02:04 AM »

They come in square?  :shocked:

The ones I've seen in my area are all round. I think a lot of the girls buy them from stores like Innisfree and... Etude, maybe?

Ahhh I'm out in the boonies where we don't even have a convenience store.  Not sure where the kids are getting them then. 

It was Bibimbap day.  I took my bowl, and a bit of each of the required sides.
When we sat down, I noticed that my co-workers each had a scope of red sauce. A few minuted later they noticed that I did not.

"It's alright!" I said, "I'll just eat it like this... it isn't worth going back."

"You must have it!  It will not be delicious without it."

One of them actually went back to the slop trough and got a small bowl for me.

"Thanks."

:|

Urgh, I'm not a fan of the red sauce.  I much prefer bibimbap with some sesame oil and soy sauce.  Apparently that's the kiddie version but I never grew out of it. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3139 on: March 24, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »
I hate how nutrition facts in Korean are often listed in a paragraph rather than in a chart. It would be much easier to figure it all out if it were laid out differently...

Holy shit, yes. +10

I'm comparing brands, make it as easy as possible.