December 15, 2017, 09:45:01 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429360 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3000 on: March 10, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »
There is literally popcorn in the teachers' office and they've just turned on the TV to watch the news

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3001 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
Omg today we had chicken strip tacos for lunch, with tortillas and everything!  8)

Online MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #3002 on: March 10, 2017, 12:01:02 PM »
We had some weird 'stirfry' with bacon (ham) and some other random things. Also deep fried potato balls. 5/10 on taste but 10/10 on creativity  :laugh:. Bit sad because their food is usually top notch for a school cafeteria.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3003 on: March 10, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »
Spaghetti was served today.

It tasted just like Chef Boyardee.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3004 on: March 10, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »
One of the teachers at lunch was absent minded and dropped all her rice onto the floor.  :laugh: :laugh: All the kids started laughing and I near immediately heard one say "Africa" along with some Korean presumably about how there are starving kids in Africa.

Also, I love Chef Boyardee.  Like I know it's garbage but it's stupid tasty garbage.  I might have to order some more...

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3005 on: March 10, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
We had ham and cheese sandwiches with our lunch. They had jam in them, which was new to me. It was very sweet but not as terrible as I would have thought.

5 back to back classes before lunch on Weds, Thurs, and Fri are tiring. 7 of them are with the homeroom teacher and I'm still trying to get comfortable with that. But all things considered it went pretty well and the kids are not as wild when their teacher is there.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3006 on: March 10, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
We had ham and cheese sandwiches with our lunch. They had jam in them, which was new to me. It was very sweet but not as terrible as I would have thought.

5 back to back classes before lunch on Weds, Thurs, and Fri are tiring. 7 of them are with the homeroom teacher and I'm still trying to get comfortable with that. But all things considered it went pretty well and the kids are not as wild when their teacher is there.

Oh man don't even get me started. I went to some 'fancy' sandwich place called Long Bread at the insistence of my friend, even though I knew something was going to make me sad about the meal.

I looked at the menu, saw a club sandwich, which listed its ingredients as tomato, lettuce, ham, bacon, and cheese. So, close enough. Order that. Take a bite. It's basically a club sandwich. Except there was strawberry jam in it, too.

Barf.

Did they give you a side of ketchup on cabbage? I just love when my meal comes with a healthy dose of awful :)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3007 on: March 13, 2017, 08:44:52 AM »
Why did Daylight Savings Time affect this site? hahahaha

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3008 on: March 13, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »

Oh man don't even get me started. I went to some 'fancy' sandwich place called Long Bread at the insistence of my friend, even though I knew something was going to make me sad about the meal.

I looked at the menu, saw a club sandwich, which listed its ingredients as tomato, lettuce, ham, bacon, and cheese. So, close enough. Order that. Take a bite. It's basically a club sandwich. Except there was strawberry jam in it, too.

Barf.
Oh man. Depending on how bad it was, I probably would have sent that back. I hate it when they slide something in there that isn't listed on the description.

I went to a dessert cafe and ordered a chocolate souffle, listed as pure chocolate, and while the first bite was delicious, once I got to the bottom, it was full of banana. I hate banana.  :cry: My friend finished it for me.

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3009 on: March 13, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »
Why did Daylight Savings Time affect this site? hahahaha

I've read before that the server for this site is in the U.S.

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3010 on: March 13, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »
Once again my school has decided my computer needs reformatted.  I had to save all my files on a USB.  I got my computer back this morning.  It is faster and I'm happy about that.  :smiley:

However, I have to use Internet Explorer *shudder* and for some reason Chrome won't download.  :sad:

I will find a way to download Chrome.  That's my goal for this week.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3011 on: March 13, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
Oh man. Depending on how bad it was, I probably would have sent that back. I hate it when they slide something in there that isn't listed on the description.

I went to a dessert cafe and ordered a chocolate souffle, listed as pure chocolate, and while the first bite was delicious, once I got to the bottom, it was full of banana. I hate banana.  :cry: My friend finished it for me.

설탕 드릴까요? (Toast/Corn Dogs etc)

NEVER

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3012 on: March 13, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »

Barf.

Did they give you a side of ketchup on cabbage? I just love when my meal comes with a healthy dose of awful :)

As gross as that is, I secretly love the ketchup cabbage.

I'm offended by that. Cereal on salad, however, is fantastic.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #3013 on: March 13, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
I just wish they would stop putting uncooked beans in the rice.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3014 on: March 13, 2017, 01:36:44 PM »
학교에서
Co-Teacher: 손머리.
학생가 반반해요
Co-Teacher: 손머리!!
학생가 모든해요
Co-Teacher: 코!
해요
Co-Teacher: 귀!
Students: *멘붕*
여학생: 선생님, 위?
Co-Teacher: 아니, 귀!!!!!
Students: 아~~~~~~~~~~~~

tl;dr My students were confused as to why their teacher wanted them to touch their own digestive tracts.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3015 on: March 13, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »
My students called me out in class for not knowing what tl;dr stood for. I know what it means when people use it, I just never knew the actual letters stood for. Had to do a quick google search.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3016 on: March 14, 2017, 07:33:45 AM »
One of my co teachers has a relatively nice car that displays the date and time on the center console, but it's been off by 6 1/2 years ever since I've been here...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3017 on: March 14, 2017, 07:54:42 AM »
I am NOT up for work this week. I haven't really found my groove since this semester started, tbh. I'm finding myself far less tolerant of kids testing me, too (always happens at the beginning of the school year, no idea why they'd think I might have a change of heart on appropriate behavior in the short few weeks right before).

This is not a rant because it makes it so much easier to plot my revenge for this upcoming April Fools. I cannot wait.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3018 on: March 14, 2017, 09:57:27 AM »
One of my co teachers has a relatively nice car that displays the date and time on the center console, but it's been off by 6 1/2 years ever since I've been here...

We used to call those people "Twelve o'clock flashers" because they didn't know how to set the VCR time after a power outage.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #3019 on: March 14, 2017, 11:40:22 AM »
Why don't any of my elementary schools have water coolers? All my middle schools have had them and my high school as well, but in the 3 I've taught at they haven't had one...would be nice to fill up my water bottle in the day.