December 17, 2017, 08:35:49 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 430150 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2720 on: February 02, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »
Ahh. My hair seems to grow fairly quickly so I'd be hesitant to do anything that requires a lot of root touchups.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2721 on: February 02, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
Oh, I'm just letting the roots grow out. It doesn't look too horrendous but I'm thinking of having a bit of brown dye put on it so it looks a bit more balayage-y and on purpose

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2722 on: February 02, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »
On an unrelated note, I made a thread on this cat forum about my poor diabetic baby and the one person who's interacting with me a lot seems to keep forgetting previous things in the thread [very condensed here]

:undecided: : [some data on my cat's blood glucose] and his current dose is 12 units
 :-[ : Wow, that's really high!
 :undecided: : Yeah he doesn't seem to be responding to the insulin and was diagnosed 6  months ago, his dose has been increasing since then
  :-[ : What dose did your cat start on?
 :undecided: : 1  unit twice a day
 :-[ : Has the vet suggested increasing his dose?
 :undecided: : He... he's up to 12 units...?

:rolleyes:

We had a diabetic dog a few years ago.
It was a rough go until we got things figured out.
Hope everything works for you.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2723 on: February 03, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »
Thanks JNM. I'm almost more worried about him for my boyfriend's sake than anything else. He'd sell his kidney before giving up this cat. He was the first cat we got together as a couple and unlike our other kitties, we raised him from a kitten.

He just better be okay until I get to see him again!

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #2724 on: February 03, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
Most of the teachers are back in today after their vacation so I'm really hoping someone is buying lunch... :azn:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2725 on: February 03, 2017, 09:10:42 AM »
Maybe it's your turn.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2726 on: February 03, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »

Worked for me and my heroin milkshakes.

It is all starting to make sense to me.

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2727 on: February 03, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Most of the teachers are back in today after their vacation so I'm really hoping someone is buying lunch... :azn:

I'm the opposite - I'm hoping no-one buys lunch today.  I made a nice sandwich and I'm happy having the peace and quiet.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2728 on: February 03, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
Whenever I go to the local Chinese place I tend to order a lot with the full intention of taking home leftovers. They never seem to judge me but sometimes I wonder if the other patrons are giving me side eye lol

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2729 on: February 03, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
Same boy as yesterday was sitting on the stool next to my desk during a break

I had waygook open and he went "oh waygook?? but it's all English! No Korean! I can't read! Impossible for me!"

I was like yeah buddy it's for.... waygooks. Like me. Who speak English. Lol

This went back and forth for a while. I tried to use the opportunity to encourage him to study more English in high school (he's a third grader) but he was like nah I don't like writing

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #2730 on: February 03, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »

I'm the opposite - I'm hoping no-one buys lunch today.  I made a nice sandwich and I'm happy having the peace and quiet.

I'm usually the opposite too but the stew I made last night and brought in today just isn't quite doing it for me.

Life Improvement every time I offer to buy it I am told no it's ok. Whether it's because I'm the youngest or the NET I don't know but they keep refusing. Instead I make sure there is a nice cake or PB bread bounty a couple of times a month  :azn:

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2731 on: February 03, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Spoke too soon.  Looks like I am having lunch with the others.  Sigh.  I hope it's good.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:56:16 AM by welcomebackkotter »

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #2732 on: February 03, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »

I had waygook open and he went "oh waygook?? but it's all English! No Korean! I can't read! Impossible for me!"

This went back and forth for a while. I tried to use the opportunity to encourage him to study more English in high school (he's a third grader) but he was like nah I don't like writing

That's cute. Sounds like he likes you. I love students that are curious and interested in interacting outside of just greeting.

I have some students see waygook and it's funny hearing them read the name of the website then watching them figure out what it actually means.

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2733 on: February 03, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
Ready for some home cooked dinner and some craft brews tonight. Birthday party tomorrow. 3 weeks left until I make the move to Seoul. Life is on the up and up!

Hell yeah, happy Friday everyone!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:08:42 PM by MWeb37 »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2734 on: February 03, 2017, 12:00:06 PM »

That's cute. Sounds like he likes you. I love students that are curious and interested in interacting outside of just greeting.

I have some students see waygook and it's funny hearing them read the name of the website then watching them figure out what it actually means.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised he's been talking to me so much, maybe he has a crush  :P

He could also be a student of the homeroom teacher who sits next to me but I don't remember what class he's in or what class she's the homeroom teacher of

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2735 on: February 03, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »
Emmas28.... you said PB bread.... is that peanut butter bread?!?!
Now that I have the possibility it could be true I am looking it up. Sounds delightful.

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2736 on: February 03, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
Now that I have the possibility it could be true I am looking it up. Sounds delightful.
I thought she meant Paris Baguette.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2737 on: February 03, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »
I just looked it up... It's a thing and my mouth is watering as I think of making it.   :cheesy:

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #2738 on: February 03, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »
I thought she meant Paris Baguette.

I did actually mean Paris Baguette  ;D
But peanut butter bread does sound delicious and I imagine not that difficult to make (plans weekend baking time)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2739 on: February 06, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
Cleaned my apartment nicely for the people to visit on Saturday, and I really shouldn't have been surprised, but no-one came

I texted my coteacher who set up the appointment about it and she replied "I'll complain about it on Monday!" all cheery-like

:laugh: