November 19, 2018, 01:32:09 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 814991 times)

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2400 on: December 15, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
So now you smell like all those young Korean guys who are covered in cheap cologne...

They make the morning commute really unpleasant.

Not sure how any person could actually enjoy smelling like that.  It's like they are trying to disguise cigarettes and filth.

There might be a lot of truth behind that. They work really hard to try and disguise the smell of cigarettes around here, and there are A LOT of smokers.

Fact: only washing your hands hella gets the smell of smoke off them.

Or time. Peeps that think they're being stealth by covering up with trash perfume are just making the problem worse.

As for clothes smelling like smoke, it's honestly not too hard to keep that under control unless you never clean your clothes. Or if you're going to clubs or bars where you can smoke inside still. Then your jacket gonna be stank.

Those mini bottles of febreeze type stuff from the convenience stores are a godsend. They cover up the smell without being too obvious about it. I always keep one in my bag.

I have a work dinner tonight, so that'll be an extra 3 or 4 hours until I can have my after work smoke  :cry: :cry:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2401 on: December 15, 2016, 02:40:58 PM »
For a while we were drinking oolong tea out of a nice hot water thermos pitcher thing instead of brewing a second pot of coffee after lunch, but I guess the oolong tea is gone now.

Oolong seems to have all but disappeared from Korea. I can't find it anywhere on the shelves at any market these days. Anyone have any idea what gives? I love oolong.

If it makes you feel better, it wasn't particularly good oolong tea

I was thinking that I had some good Oolong here recently... but then I remembered it was in Shanghai.

As you were.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2402 on: December 15, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
Well, that was surprising.

http://i.imgur.com/s05awRy.gifv

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2403 on: December 15, 2016, 02:59:54 PM »
Once a dinosaur, always a dinosaur.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2404 on: December 15, 2016, 03:07:37 PM »
So now you smell like all those young Korean guys who are covered in cheap cologne...
They make the morning commute really unpleasant.
Not sure how any person could actually enjoy smelling like that.  It's like they are trying to disguise cigarettes and filth.
There might be a lot of truth behind that. They work really hard to try and disguise the smell of cigarettes around here, and there are A LOT of smokers.

I like to slather on Tiger Balm before work to disguise the fact that I don't actually smoke: need to keep up the appearance of coolness with the kiddies! Bonus: the burning numbness keeps my mind off the text-book drivel I'm obliged to teach!  :azn:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2405 on: December 15, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »
The Principal had me come down to her office and fed me pork, onions, peppers, kimchi, and apple slices.

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

And she asked me to teach her how to swing dance during vacation

Methinks (and have for awhile) that she does not, in fact, think of you as a daughter.

👅

omg pls

im dyin

"Swing dancing." Maybe she "swings" that way.

I have had to tell more than one of my swing dance friends that NO, you CANNOT call yourself a "swinger" and we do not go to the "swing bar" and you should definitely not ask someone "Do you swing?"

:cry: :huh:

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2406 on: December 15, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »

Which, naturally, should be followed by this.

donovan

« Reply #2407 on: December 15, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »

Which, naturally, should be followed by this.

these both are horrifying

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2408 on: December 15, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »
The Principal had me come down to her office and fed me pork, onions, peppers, kimchi, and apple slices.

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

Methinks (and have for awhile) that she does not, in fact, think of you as a daughter.

👅

omg pls

im dyin

I have had to tell more than one of my swing dance friends that NO, you CANNOT call yourself a "swinger" and we do not go to the "swing bar" and you should definitely not ask someone "Do you swing?"

And then there's the inevitable Korean, "OMG, you have such a dirty mind. Only you would think that." Even though, 90% of North Americans would take it that way. Nope. You're dirty.

It's like drugs. "OMG, why do you know so much about drugs???"

Uhhhh, sorry that I know that heroine gets shot up your arm and coke goes up your nose? This is shit you know when you're 12.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2409 on: December 15, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2410 on: December 16, 2016, 05:37:12 AM »

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

👅

omg pls

im dyin

And then there's the inevitable Korean, "OMG, you have such a dirty mind. Only you would think that." Even though, 90% of North Americans would take it that way. Nope. You're dirty.

Uhhhh, sorry that I know that heroine gets shot up your arm and coke goes up your nose? This is shit you know when you're 12.

Actually, both drugs can be injected, smoked or snorted.  In the books, Sherlock Holmes injected himself with a 7% cocaine solution for relaxation.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2411 on: December 16, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »

Actually, both drugs can be injected, smoked or snorted.  In the books, Sherlock Holmes injected himself with a 7% cocaine solution for relaxation.

Yeah, but you don't learn that until you're 16.  ;D

Anyway, yeah, you can snort heroine but Mia Wallace taught us a valuable lesson.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2412 on: December 16, 2016, 07:48:44 AM »
I was 5 minutes late today

JB: Moonbrie, you're late
M: I know. I'm sorry.
JB: Why are you late?
M: I don't know. I wasn't fast enough.
M: I just was. I'm sorry.
M: What, do you want me to say I was chased by a giant octopus down the street? I don't have a good reason why I'm late.
JB: What?
M: I don't have a good reason. I'm sorry.
JB: You should go talk to the Vice-Principal because you were late.
M: The Vice-Principal isn't here.
JB: (continues to stare at me, visibly displeased)

VP doesn't care if I'm late anyways?? The Disaster DayTM where I was an hour late as a result of two weeks of sleep deprivation and my alarm not going off, when I went to talk to the VP to apologize, he didn't care at all, and the Principal just gave me a hug and juice.

I wanted some coffee but I can't grab any until she leaves the coffee table now hah

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2413 on: December 16, 2016, 08:00:16 AM »
I was 5 minutes late today

JB: Moonbrie, you're late
M: I know. I'm sorry.
M: I don't know. I wasn't fast enough.
M: I just was. I'm sorry.
M: What, do you want me to say I was chased by a giant octopus down the street? I don't have a good reason why I'm late.
JB: What?
M: I don't have a good reason. I'm sorry.
JB: You should go talk to the Vice-Principal because you were late.
M: The Vice-Principal isn't here.
JB: (continues to stare at me, visibly displeased)

VP doesn't care if I'm late anyways?? The Disaster DayTM where I was an hour late as a result of two weeks of sleep deprivation and my alarm not going off, when I went to talk to the VP to apologize, he didn't care at all, and the Principal just gave me a hug and juice.

I wanted some coffee but I can't grab any until she leaves the coffee table now hah

I hear ya. If I'm late 5 mins once a month, who gives a shit? The amount of time we desk warm and do nothing is astounding, 5 mins ain't gon hurt nobody.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2414 on: December 16, 2016, 08:07:29 AM »
Must be something in the air today. I somehow slept through all my alarms, but managed to wake up in time to only be 5 minutes late to work.

Fortunately in my case, nobody seemed to care. Everyone just said hello/acknowledged my appearance then continued about their business.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2415 on: December 16, 2016, 08:39:29 AM »
Same here. I was luckily on time for work, but just barely. My brain still think it's in bed, though, and is seriously raging against me for trying to stay awake.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2416 on: December 16, 2016, 08:41:59 AM »
Same here. I was luckily on time for work, but just barely. My brain still think it's in bed, though, and is seriously raging against me for trying to stay awake.

Same. Time to make that walk to the teacher's office for a nice hot coffee.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2417 on: December 16, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »

I'm on my second one already.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2418 on: December 16, 2016, 08:45:49 AM »

I'm on my second one already.

I was too cold to move and still have not gotten up from my seat LOL

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2419 on: December 16, 2016, 09:23:40 AM »
Apparently I was in such a rush this morning I forgot to buckle my belt and only just noticed now. At least my coat was on over it so nobody else noticed either.  :blank: