December 18, 2017, 04:47:24 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 431583 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2400 on: December 14, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »
Planning a Christmas lesson and trying to decide on a video to show them. Thinking of "What's This?" from Nightmare Before Christmas (can't find any Korean subtitles but I don't think it's that big a deal, it's pretty fast paced anyway and very visual) along with a video of a light show.

So, Frozen vs Star Wars? I think Frozen might go well for elementary but I like the different camera shots in the Star Wars one, so maybe that one for middle?

Offline schnieppster

• Adventurer
« Reply #2401 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
Planning a Christmas lesson and trying to decide on a video to show them. Thinking of "What's This?" from Nightmare Before Christmas (can't find any Korean subtitles but I don't think it's that big a deal, it's pretty fast paced anyway and very visual) along with a video of a light show.

So, Frozen vs Star Wars? I think Frozen might go well for elementary but I like the different camera shots in the Star Wars one, so maybe that one for middle?

No lies, I'm rabidly excited about Christmas, but I hope to never live next to people like this.

I vote Star Wars. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2402 on: December 14, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
There is a Star Wars/Up Town Funk making the rounds as well.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2403 on: December 14, 2016, 10:54:32 AM »

I agree, Frozen would be better for elementary and Star Wars for middle just because elementary kids will love the song while middle school kids would probably be more impressed with the better light timing of Star Wars.

I also showed the original with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra to my kids last year, went over very well.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2404 on: December 14, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »
I watched a kid carefully and systematically scribble out a girl's face in his textbook before finally moving on to complete the writing activity for today. I'm actually a little disturbed by the boy's very thorough and intense attention to detail in this endeavor, but I'm sure the textbook girl had it coming.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2405 on: December 14, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »
Principal just appeared beside me and wordlessly placed a red bean donut and tangerine in my hand

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2406 on: December 14, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »
Principal just appeared beside me and wordlessly placed a red bean donut and tangerine in my hand

Better than him placing a red bean donut and tangerine in your hand and talking to you.

lmao my principal is like a sweetheart fairy godmother I wouldn't mind if she talked to me

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2407 on: December 14, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
boss just tried to give me a red bean donut too

sorry, you were beaten! haha

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2408 on: December 14, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »
Just finished making a Detective RPG video game for winter camp! I made the map look exactly like out classroom and they need to find stuff in the game and in the room :P They better like it or I'mma flip!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2409 on: December 14, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »
I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about Korea when I leave. One of them is waygook. Am I the absolute lamest, or what??

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2410 on: December 14, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »
I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about Korea when I leave. One of them is waygook. Am I the absolute lamest, or what??

Nah, I'll prob miss it too when I leave. There's been some pretty good banter on 'ere.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2411 on: December 14, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »

You know that immigration doesn't delete your account when you leave, right?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2412 on: December 14, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »

Yeah but even if I hung out on here even back in the States like the lame-o I am, I'd be 13 hours behind  :cry:

New poll: Should moonbrie continue to post on waygook.org after leaving the country

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2413 on: December 14, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »

Yeah but even if I hung out on here even back in the States like the lame-o I am, I'd be 13 hours behind  :cry:

New poll: Should moonbrie continue to post on waygook.org after leaving the country

I think it's a gouda idea after having saved up some cheddar, just don't feel too bleu.

Maybe you can build a roque fort in the Garden of Edam. 

Have arty ideas in the future?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2414 on: December 14, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

I think it's a gouda idea after having saved up some cheddar, just don't feel too bleu.

Maybe you can build a roque fort in the Garden of Edam. 

Have arty ideas in the future?

that was some real quality cheese punnage

I'll probably be an office admin when I go back, if I get lucky. If I get unlucky I'll be a delivery driver or a barista lol

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2415 on: December 15, 2016, 07:42:40 AM »
Computer at startup requires the Korean password. Thankfully the keyboard works in Korean for that one thing.

All the ferries got canceled yesterday and today so the students who left on a field trip earlier this week get an extended vacation. Lol

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2416 on: December 15, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »
*walking up to the school today when I see one of my 6th graders hanging out the window*
6th grader: Hey Kristy! Do you like snow?
Me: No, not really
6th grader: THEN I KILL ALL SNOW FOR YOU! *takes out a spray bottle and viciously sprays the snow* The water is hot! The snow will die! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH
Me: ...thank you?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2417 on: December 15, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
*walking up to the school today when I see one of my 6th graders hanging out the window*
6th grader: THEN I KILL ALL SNOW FOR YOU! *takes out a spray bottle and viciously sprays the snow* The water is hot! The snow will die! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Reminds me of that Frosty the Snowman special where they developed an aerosol to instantly evaporate snow.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2418 on: December 15, 2016, 08:37:37 AM »
I went to the doctor again and he decided to put me on different gastritis medications, and when I insisted that it's not a stomach problem he said well next time he'll order me a CT scan and bloodwork, but he really doubts I have any neurological problems because I am young, and I'm not anemic so it can't be that, and I'm not pregnant so it can't be that... why is it that just because he's an internal medicine doctor that means it has to be gastritis, even though I have no symptoms except nausea (which maybe I should have been calling dizziness, but I don't feel like I'm losing my balance, which is what dizziness means to me)

So now I'm taking 5 days of gastritis medication just to say I did so I can go back on Monday

Like, it's good to have things ruled out, but I'm kind of tired of being told what it's not. I want to be told what it is

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2419 on: December 15, 2016, 08:46:28 AM »

I like that kid. Snow is literally garbage water.

I wish him luck but I feel like it's gunna be an endless battle. Although the snow has slowed down here since he started doing that... Maybe he just needs an army of kids with hot water  spray bottles...