December 15, 2017, 09:59:11 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429368 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2080 on: November 18, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »
I'm tempted to travel out somewhere so that I can have an excuse for getting a hotel room with a bathtub that I can soak in for about an hour or two.

Soooo tempted.

But I'm just going to stay home, turn the phone off, shower, and veg in bed. Maybe buy some ice cream to keep me company while I watch a bunch of 80s flicks.

You?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2081 on: November 18, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »
Might have a welcome bbq for some new people in the neighborhood. Otherwise I'm very much looking forward to relaxing, watching TV, and tidying up a bit.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2082 on: November 18, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »
Teacher: "Big brother is coming."
Me: "???"
Teacher: "Boss man. Coming now."

An entourage of official looking men with photographers and camera men troop into the office. After greetings and shaking of hands and some brief words from two of the men, they all departed as swiftly as they had come.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2083 on: November 18, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
Hah, I remember those guys. They're like the Lego Batman.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2084 on: November 18, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
Going to watch Brokeback Mountain with the gf, make some rice nuruk (fermentation starter for mak), go to Paju for a party, go to Left Coast Burger, go to Jongno for a webtoon artist exhibition and buy some fresh vanilla pods for some mak brewing.

Maybe get some sleep.  ;D

Offline DLJL

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2085 on: November 18, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »
Yeah I don't know why either, he is just treating me like I'm a massive inconvenience when really I just want the whole thing over with so I can forget Korea ever happened  :laugh: the sooner he helps the sooner i will be off his back!
Sounds like you arent the only person who has trouble dealing with that person.

Anyone else find the JLP co-ordinator to be about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition?

I'm curious as to what that's about. Wonder if DLJL would mind elaborating...

The guy is an absolute armpit of a human being and he's stealing a living. No problem, no matter how big or small, is beyond his ability to be utterly useless and offer no assistance whatsoever.

"My school signed a contract which commits me to teaching 35 hours a week for six months before I even got here. That wasn't what I signed up for, I'm far too over worked and stressed and can't do it. Please help me."

Competent human being: they absolutely should not sign a contract which compels you to work beyond what your contract says you should. Extra hours are always optional, like I say at orientation. I'll get onto the school immediately and tell them you can't keep doing so many hours and that in future they should wait and consult with the NET before signing them up to such a heavy workload without their permission.

What that useless human fart cloud says: hmmm sorry but you should probably just do it.

He bills himself as the 'go to guy' for anyone in need yet everyone I know who has ever required his help, with 100% consistency, reports back that he's a useless, obtuse arse cake. 

Any time a school comes up with a ludricuous excuse for awful behavior, you can count on him to totally buy it, no matter how ridiculous, and tell you it was all your fault. He's also completely bought into the Korean culture of 'oh I'm just so busy' and acts like reading and replying to an email is a strenuous work load.

Honestly, **** that guy.

I like that description and will probably steal it for describing some future degenerate.

On the serious, that really blows. Like how does that even work? I didn't know schools could sign contracts like that.  :huh:  >:(

That's just one example. I know another person who had a similar situation of working more hours than they should have been, and asked for help. His 'help' was to call up the school and ask how many hours the NET was working. The school lied and said no more than the standard 22.

He then sent an email to the NET basically saying "i've talked to the school and it seems like what you're saying isn't true."

Another job well done from your friendly, helpful JLP co-ordinator.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2086 on: November 18, 2016, 12:26:22 PM »
I'm going to laminate a small child. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2087 on: November 18, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »
The strange smelling tea is back...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2088 on: November 18, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
I really hope that my school doesn't change books next year. I don't expect them to, but I've had a bird shit on me three times in my life and I don't like those odds.

I'm at that time in my life again where I want to get a dog, but I won't because I need a bigger place for that. I just wish I could crochet puppy legwarmers and have a point for doing it.

I've recently decided to change my cubicle into a "hidden" interactive game. It will be colorful and special and will brighten up my work day. Intrigue and confusion shall be invoked in the office for the next coming few weeks.

The day is running far too slowly today.

@ CO2: post pics

@ HaLo3: INVESTIGATE

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2089 on: November 18, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Going to watch Brokeback Mountain with the gf, make some rice nuruk (fermentation starter for mak), go to Paju for a party, go to Left Coast Burger, go to Jongno for a webtoon artist exhibition and buy some fresh vanilla pods for some mak brewing.

Maybe get some sleep.  ;D
Well that escalated quickly.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2090 on: November 18, 2016, 12:47:51 PM »
Obviously you're gonna want to run the machine on its fastest setting, so don't forget to crank the heat up, else you're gonna get a weak seal.
Also, I'm not sure what kind of laminater your office has, but the one at mine (BiO 330) is able to do double A-3, so you're not actually limited to just small children. Basically anything up to a small grade fiver is doable.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2091 on: November 18, 2016, 12:54:22 PM »
Obviously you're gonna want to run the machine on its fastest setting, so don't forget to crank the heat up, else you're gonna get a weak seal.
What do a walrus and tupperware have in common?
They both like a tight seal!  :afro: :afro: :afro:

Also, @Chinguetti

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2092 on: November 18, 2016, 01:12:25 PM »
What do a walrus and tupperware have in common?
They both like a tight seal!
  :afro: :afro: :afro:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:15:08 PM by kyndo »

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2093 on: November 18, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »

Walrus walrus Walrus walrus walrus walrus Walrus walrus. This sentence is grammatically correct.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2094 on: November 18, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
I feel like I should start collecting all of my principal stories in one document

Anyways, today principal offered me some grape juice and I came down to her office to partake. She inquired after my health and said I don't look well, to which I replied I was just cold. This made her think better of giving me cold grape juice, so she started making me some strange mushroom and pine needle tea. When I asked for a strainer she instructed me to just drink the pine needles along with the tea. Ok.

She peeled a whole persimmon for me except I really don't like persimmons, they taste like watery raw pumpkin to me. I made a good attempt on it but couldn't eat more than a couple bites, so then she started giving me nuts and dried fruits. She sent me back to the office with a mint tin full of golden berries and candied ginger.

She asked if I remembered the instructions she gave for washing my hair, because apparently it doesn't look to her like I washed my hair. I had to carefully explain that unless I spend upwards of an hour styling my hair, it always looks like a frizzy disaster, and yes, I washed it yesterday.

She then invited me to a children's orchestra performance next weekend and said she was sad I didn't come to her office more often. I assured her that after winter break I would have plenty of time and I would hang out with her, and she promised to give me delicious food whenever I do.

Then she explained to me how to massage my ears when I'm feeling cold, and gave me a hand massage because my hands looked so pale and cold (except... I'm pale... that's why my hands are pale).

Oh yeah and she gave me some lip gloss out of her purse??

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2095 on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:59 PM »

Was it used?

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2096 on: November 18, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »
Market day at school. I somehow got roped into a 900 won bag full of plastic dinosaurs. I got rid of all of them by slipping them into kids' shopping bags and coat hoods as I walked around. They'll find good homes. I (voluntarily) picked up one of those five-holed, bamboo flutes with the notched end (단소.) I've never been able to make one sound properly. Time to learn.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2097 on: November 18, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »
Walrus walrus Walrus walrus walrus walrus Walrus walrus. This sentence is grammatically correct.
I've always had problems with that sentence. It would seem to me that it would read better if one changed it to "Walrus walruses Walrus walruses walrus, walrus Walrus walruses."

But that's nothing: the Chinese definitely one upped us with this:

Pure, beautiful poetry!

Also, how does one kill a walrus?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:41:07 PM by kyndo »

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2098 on: November 18, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »
What are you guys doing this evening?

your mom

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2099 on: November 18, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »
I feel like I should start collecting all of my principal stories in one document

Anyways, today principal offered me some grape juice and I came down to her office to partake. She inquired after my health and said I don't look well, to which I replied I was just cold. This made her think better of giving me cold grape juice, so she started making me some strange mushroom and pine needle tea. When I asked for a strainer she instructed me to just drink the pine needles along with the tea. Ok.

She peeled a whole persimmon for me except I really don't like persimmons, they taste like watery raw pumpkin to me. I made a good attempt on it but couldn't eat more than a couple bites, so then she started giving me nuts and dried fruits. She sent me back to the office with a mint tin full of golden berries and candied ginger.

She asked if I remembered the instructions she gave for washing my hair, because apparently it doesn't look to her like I washed my hair. I had to carefully explain that unless I spend upwards of an hour styling my hair, it always looks like a frizzy disaster, and yes, I washed it yesterday.

She then invited me to a children's orchestra performance next weekend and said she was sad I didn't come to her office more often. I assured her that after winter break I would have plenty of time and I would hang out with her, and she promised to give me delicious food whenever I do.

Then she explained to me how to massage my ears when I'm feeling cold, and gave me a hand massage because my hands looked so pale and cold (except... I'm pale... that's why my hands are pale).

Hmm it's nice and caring and all but other teachers might really resent that treatment. So just be careful :/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:39:04 PM by Jennipennypie »