December 15, 2017, 09:59:28 PM

Author Topic: K-cancersticks: Drop your hottest cigarette suggestions  (Read 578 times)

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
K-cancersticks: Drop your hottest cigarette suggestions
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
If I smoke Marlboro Golds anymore, the taste from all the chemicals they put into that sh!t will destroy my ability to taste that sweet kimchi.

What are your suggestions? Preferably something that is non-flavored. I like that ashy dirt taste of cigarettes. But I need something that burns slower and doesn't taste like it's possibly laced with engine coolant.

Edit: Back in 미국 I smoked American Spirit. Apparently you can find them somewhere in Seoul, but I'm looking for just a crisp cigarette that I can pick up at any ajuma's corner shoppe.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:36:12 AM by 미국인병 »

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
Re: K-cancersticks: Drop your hottest cigarette suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
I have stopped smoking for quite a bit, but I used to prefer Mild Seven LSS 3mg (they also carry 1mg and maybe 6mg). They have a bit less smell on your clothes, burn "clean" and relatively slow (especially if packed down a little prior to opening), and aren't fruity or flavored.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »
I miss Marlboro 27s and Camel Turkish Royals.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »
Yeah, I used to like the Camel brand too. My favorite back home were hand rolled, normal Buglar (Turkish & Blended, greenish), no filter. Just the Buglar tobacco with the accompanying rolling paper. 

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »
Camel Blue (only 4k a pack) or Dunhill 6mg were my go to; oh how I miss them.

Camel had the advantage of a normal filter and were cheaper; Dunhill more widely available though.

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »
I'll have to try the Camel Blue then, if only to just mix things up a bit.

Damn, I wish they had Marlboro 27's here. That'd be the fix.

Annnnnd now I'm craving a cigarette in the middle of the school day. Damn.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »

Thanks for this, me too  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »
I've been clean for 5yrs now, but snuck a fag on 3 occasions. Each time I tried a different local brand, including the 'Africa' one.
They did the job, but definitely tasted synthetic. Stock up next time you're at the duty free or simply buy online.

Camel and Stuyvesant Filters were my poison, back in the day. Haven't seen them here.

... I do feel like one now, even after 5yrs (the craving doesn't completely vanish), but it'll last a few minutes and before it goes back to the naughty part of my mind.

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »

미안해용~~
If anyone here is reading this and can smoke at your school, I am currently seething with jealousy.

I've been clean for 5yrs now, but snuck a fag on 3 occasions. Each time I tried a different local brand, including the 'Africa' one.
They did the job, but definitely tasted synthetic. Stock up next time you're at the duty free or simply buy online.

Camel and Stuyvesant Filters were my poison, back in the day. Haven't seen them here.

... I do feel like one now, even after 5yrs (the craving doesn't completely vanish), but it'll last a few minutes and before it goes back to the naughty part of my mind.

Yeah, that's the word. Synthetic. They taste synthetic as hell here. Nonetheless, my habit continues.

Good on your for quitting, though with the elite confidence you exude around here, I could easily imagine my head-canon version of you smoking on the reg.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 02:08:09 PM »

미안해용~~
If anyone here is reading this and can smoke at your school, I am currently seething with jealousy.

Yeah, that's the word. Synthetic. They taste synthetic as hell here. Nonetheless, my habit continues.

Good on your for quitting, though with the elite confidence you exude around here, I could easily imagine my head-canon version of you smoking on the reg.

When I smoked, I could smoke at school. It seems like many of the PE teacher usually smoke, so keep an eye on them. We would go on top of the roof to smoke. Then, the new vice principal saw someone, and asked that we didn't. After that, we converted this bathroom in another building (on school property, but not used by anyone) in to a smoking room. Other times I would just walk off campus, down the street a bit. Man oh man, how it's changed. Anyway, people go on top of the roof at the place I am now. I can smell it when it is coming from up there, but I've never been.

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 02:09:01 PM »

Now when I have the occasional smoke (OK pack on a night out) I wonder how I ever got away with the smell during my at school smokes

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »

Now when I have the occasional smoke (OK pack on a night out) I wonder how I ever got away with the smell during my at school smokes

I agree with you 100%. I have no idea. The kids must have known, but it wasn't as strong as all of the other male teachers, I guess (I tried to be conscious of the smell). But now, even if I just have a couple during a "big" night out, I can smell it like crazy on the clothes and jacket the next day. I didn't realize it as much before. I knew it smelled, but didn't know that it smelled as much as it did.

Online Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »
After a long time off I bought some smokes for a makkeoli night a couple weeks ago, and have bought two more packs since then. Argh!

I've only ever smoked Marlboro Golds here but I agree they're pretty gross. I've seen a few Korean brands advertising fewer additives,  not I'm not sure I trust their claims.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »
Camel Blue

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »
We need to go back to the 50s when smoking wasn't something for people to freak out over and you had a smoking room for high school seniors who had already turned 18.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 07:43:36 AM »

At my old high school here, the art teacher would invite me to his office/studio for coffee and smokes; the principal would occasionally drop by.  I asked one time, "Isn't this a non-smoking campus?" and he said "Yes, but not in here."

At my last school, one of the security guys would sometimes drag me off to this little spot down some stairs, outside and around a corner, and insist I smoke with him.

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 12:12:31 PM »

At my old high school here, the art teacher would invite me to his office/studio for coffee and smokes; the principal would occasionally drop by.  I asked one time, "Isn't this a non-smoking campus?" and he said "Yes, but not in here."

At my last school, one of the security guys would sometimes drag me off to this little spot down some stairs, outside and around a corner, and insist I smoke with him.

So I work at one of those schools where basically one member of the staff knows English, and everyone else can barely manage a 'hello'.

Then again, I just realize you said 'high-school'. That probably explains it. (I work elementary)

Luckily, I transfer in February.