December 16, 2017, 03:52:34 AM

Author Topic: Cass still sucks  (Read 1769 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
Re: Cass still sucks
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »
Pls enlighten us newgooks. I'm bored.

I won't bother everyone with the wall of text but it's on this page aboat 6 posts down. Enjoy, hahaha

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=99098.msg714134#msg714134

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »

I won't bother everyone with the wall of text but it's on this page aboat 6 posts down. Enjoy, hahaha

Best Kdrama I've read in awhile.

But jokes aside, damn man. That's rough. I've broken up with people in somewhat untimely ways but... bailing on you as soon as you arrive in Korea to start a new job? KGs can be cold.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »
How is it rotten? Granted, it certainly can be served rotten, but that could be true with any dish.

Do you know meat? If you don't properly refrigerate it or consume it before a certain date, it will "expire" and attain a mysterious state known as "rotten!"

You'd think Modern Sparkling International Korea could figure this out, but apparently it's too hard. Do you know diarreah?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »

Do you know meat? If you don't properly refrigerate it or consume it before a certain date, it will "expire" and attain a mysterious state known as "rotten!"

You'd think Modern Sparkling International Korea could figure this out, but apparently it's too hard. Do you know diarreah?

Right, but how does this apply to all bulgogi?

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »
If you're eating at a Korean restaurant or food from a Korean grocery store, there's about a 40% chance the food is rotten to some extent. Koreans don't seem to care and gobble it down anyway because they've been raised from birth to think gastroenteritis and eating garbage-quality food are completely normal things that normal people do in a normal country.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
If you're eating at a Korean restaurant or food from a Korean grocery store, there's about a 40% chance the food is rotten to some extent. Koreans don't seem to care and gobble it down anyway because they've been raised from birth to think gastroenteritis and eating garbage-quality food are completely normal things that normal people do in a normal country.

Sure. Ok.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »

WOW! That really stinks man. You'll never forget it of course, but I'm sure you will move on down the road soon enough. That was a hellofa read though.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »

I do seem to get quite a lot of stomachaches and diarrhea when I eat Korean food. I'll eat a totally normal meal (spicy or not), a normal amount at a normal time, and wake up with the sh*ts the next day. It was happening so much that I made an effort to cook at home, and it made a difference. I figured Korean food just didn't agree with my stomach but my CT is constantly complaining about her stomach too.

Not as bad as when I first got here though. For a few months every day after school lunch/classes I'd have to run to the bathroom. Prior to this I almost never used toilets outside of my home, especially not to go #2, but it was that bad.

My ex bf used to have these stomach pills that he would constantly take because he was always having stomach issues after nights out. This is just anecdotal evidence but for a people who believe that "food is medicine" they sure don't seem to make the connection between stomach problems and bad food, unless that food comes from another country then it's all "KILLER AMERICAN HAMBURGERS!"

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
I do seem to get quite a lot of stomachaches and diarrhea when I eat Korean food. I'll eat a totally normal meal (spicy or not), a normal amount at a normal time, and wake up with the sh*ts the next day. It was happening so much that I made an effort to cook at home, and it made a difference. I figured Korean food just didn't agree with my stomach but my CT is constantly complaining about her stomach too.

Not as bad as when I first got here though. For a few months every day after school lunch/classes I'd have to run to the bathroom. Prior to this I almost never used toilets outside of my home, especially not to go #2, but it was that bad.

My ex bf used to have these stomach pills that he would constantly take because he was always having stomach issues after nights out. This is just anecdotal evidence but for a people who believe that "food is medicine" they sure don't seem to make the connection between stomach problems and bad food, unless that food comes from another country then it's all "KILLER AMERICAN HAMBURGERS!"
This has been covered ad nauseum.

Restaurants recycle the "free" side dishes, etc.  Some kitchens are filthy (take a look at the bathroom and pop your head inside the kitchen).  Most working don't wash their hands (again, see bathroom...no soap, no paper towels, you do the math).  Many are unfamiliar with food handling safety (Koreans don't need those "cards of certification" that developed countries require).  More improper refrigeration and using "expired" items.

I could go on, but you get the general idea.

Own risk...

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »

Restaurants recycle the "free" side dishes, etc.  Some kitchens are filthy (take a look at the bathroom and pop your head inside the kitchen).  Most working don't wash their hands (again, see bathroom...no soap, no paper towels, you do the math).  Many are unfamiliar with food handling safety (Koreans don't need those "cards of certification" that developed countries require).  More improper refrigeration and using "expired" items.

Own risk...

Yep! I only wish that Gordon Ramsay got to see the kitchens where his food for the CFs were made. It could be filmed for a new series of "Gordon Ramsay's Korean Kitchen Nightmares".

"Hey mate! Did you wash your f****** hands before handling that chicken?"

"This Cass tastes like piss water. When's the last time you cleaned these tap lines?"

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »
When's the last time you cleaned these tap lines?"
Don't get me started!!!

Tap line maintenance is non-existent here.  Heck they don't even bleed the lines from the night before.

First beer of the day...NO THANKS.

Craftworks is only place I know that does it.

Bottle only everywhere else.

Please join 2017, Korea!

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2017, 01:56:59 PM »

Own risk...

Yep! I only wish that Gordon Ramsay got to see the kitchens where his food for the CFs were made. It could be filmed for a new series of "Gordon Ramsay's Korean Kitchen Nightmares".

"This Cass tastes like piss water. When's the last time you cleaned these tap lines?"

I guess it'd depend on what kind of program he was making

In the one where he goes round Asia kissing people's asses and advertising Cass

‘Look at the timeless traditional way they have of preparing food, this kitchen and the handling techniques probably haven’t changed in hundreds of years. ‘

In Ramsay's kitchen nightmares.

‘This kitchen is a f----ing disgrace, you’ve obviously just given up. ‘

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2017, 02:08:33 PM »

I had a kitchen in Stockholm for four years and the EU guidelines for kitchen hygiene are so strict.  Temperatures of frozen food delivered in the morning, daily refrigerator temperatures recorded, cleaning schedules for all equipment, all dates marked on everything in the freezer, to name a few of the many things they check.  I got one surprise visit from the health department.  One of the cleanest, best-run kitchens they'd seen.  *pat on my back*.  Come to Korea and went to a 'Cat' bar in Hyehwa and looked into the kitchen where the food was being prepared and saw loads of cats on the work surfaces, and just milling around like cats do.   :huh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 02:11:07 PM »
I had a kitchen in Stockholm for four years and the EU guidelines for kitchen hygiene are so strict.  Temperatures of frozen food delivered in the morning, daily refrigerator temperatures recorded, cleaning schedules for all equipment, all dates marked on everything in the freezer, to name a few of the many things they check.  I got one surprise visit from the health department.  One of the cleanest, best-run kitchens they'd seen.  *pat on my back*.  Come to Korea and went to a 'Cat' bar in Hyehwa and looked into the kitchen where the food was being prepared and saw loads of cats on the work surfaces, and just milling around like cats do.   :huh:

Really? You've never mentioned it.

:laugh: I'm just messing, you're a good waygook co-conspirator.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 02:16:09 PM »
This is another reason why I have to laugh/roll my eyes when Koreans refuse to eat another country's food. One time I spoke to a lady who said Italian food gave her husband cancer, but Korean food is medicine.

I've been in restaurants where the bathroom didn't even have a sink.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 02:20:17 PM »
This is another reason why I have to laugh/roll my eyes when Koreans refuse to eat another country's food. One time I spoke to a lady who said Italian food gave her husband cancer, but Korean food is medicine.

I've been in restaurants where the bathroom didn't even have a sink.

Generally, restaurant toilets and bathrooms that are well taken care of and are clean, reflect the cleanliness of the kitchen, as a rule. 

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »

I've struggled with this a lot since coming here almost 5 years ago. I like Korean food but I pretty much don't eat it anymore. I still get short-term stomach bugs now and then but nothing like when I'd eat at Korean restaurants more often, or when I'd eat the rancid garbage they serve as school food. I pretty much only eat Western food that I prepare, and a couple of restaurants that don't seem to upset my stomach anymore.

Any time I leave Korea, any stomach problems clear up really fast. I was afraid the food in Thailand and Vietnam would be rough, but NOPE, the food in countries like these is FRESH because they just buy it and cook it the same day.

Food quality is just HORRIBLE in South Korea, nothing is fresh and everything has clearly been sitting around way too long or hasn't been refrigerated properly. Fruit, even when it's from South Korea, almost always has some surprise mold. Meat is almost always mushy and usually tastes funny. Milk products go off after like 2 days. I don't get how I can order something online and have it delivered the next day here, but basic food storage and delivery is apparently too hard for Koreans to bother with.

When I lived in the US, I'd just dump any food garbage in my garbage can, even meat and fruit and veggies and so on. If I do this here, it creates a massive stink that same day, so I have to put it in a sealed-up bin. All food here is just really low quality and almost expired or actually expired I guess.