December 11, 2018, 11:27:38 PM

Author Topic: Waygook is down. . . But it isn't.  (Read 3546 times)

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
Re: Waygook is down. . . But it isn't.
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
maximmm's solution works. PM me for details.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 07:52:48 PM »

"Because of the virus, Korea is blocking many websites, including the [ American ] waygook".  We live in a non-fluent area of English, so it's highly probable her co-t meant, 'we're blocking access to websites registered to Americans / come from an American domain / *enter technological nonsense here*"

Wannacry is supposedly from North Korea...derp. Let's blame the US.

Koreans just do not understand web security at all. They think the best way to avoid problems is to clog up their computers with scammy plugins and cut yourself off from certain websites. They seem to think the biggest threat is from using email, or reading the New York Times website.

Oh yeah and supposedly Wannacry is especially bad if you STILL use Windows XP. In 2017. Which cheap Koreans and their cheapskate public schools still do.

Offline Jaydonv

• Waygookin
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 07:54:58 AM »
Oh yeah and supposedly Wannacry is especially bad if you STILL use Windows XP. In 2017. Which cheap Koreans and their cheapskate public schools still do.

Depends on the school, I suppose. My school last year had a mixture of Win 10 and 7 running on its machines - my current school is all Win 7.

Offline Lowfoam

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »
Seconded, Maximm's solution worked.

I was on the verge of tears because of this.

I teach at three different schools - one on Monday, one on Tuesday, and my main Wed-Fri.

It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to know where the students will be when I get there. 95% of the time the teacher never teaches, or suddenly they realize how far behind we are because they cancel English class when I'm gone and BOOM we've zipped through a chapter.

I often have to wait the day of to find out where we are in the book, which means I little to no prep time.

And all of the schools use all of the books, of course, which means that one game wouldn't be applicable to another school without some heavy editing which'd eat up all my time.

All around nightmare.

I asked my co-t to call the ISP and ask it be unblocked. Super frustrating. WannaCry didn't come from Waygook!

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »
Waygook is working today without a proxy at my school in Chungnam. :)