August 19, 2018, 04:03:18 PM

Author Topic: 2015 Grade 6 Cheonjae 2 - 9. How Often Do You Exercise?  (Read 32226 times)

Offline xelainea

• Waygookin
Re: 2015 Grade 6 Cheonjae 2 - 9. How Often Do You Exercise?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2016, 04:16:21 PM »
Here are some word clouds I made really quick. I am using the sentences from period 6.
Make your own here: http://www.tagxedo.com

Word Cloud rules for those who need it:

Break students into small groups. Each team is given a word cloud to start with. With their team, they should figure out what the sentence is and write it down on their paper. When they’re finished, they can try to figure out the next one. The team with the most correct sentences is the winner.

Offline borkapod

• Adventurer
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »
Here's a reading/writing activity.  Print the pdf file and cut the boxes with names apart from each other (they're on the first four pages).  There should be twelve boxes.  I taped them on the walls around the room.  The students will read these to find the answers to  questions.  You can either give them the question papers from the pdf or show the questions on a screen with the ppt and have them write their answers in their notebooks depending on your paper/printing situation.  Assign each student a number, 1 to 4, and they will answer the questions for that number.  This is to cut down on copying and crowding. Of course if a student finishes much quicker than the others you can always assign them another number.  The last page of the pdf is the answer sheet.  I didn't put the answers on the ppt because I figured some one would accidentally prematurely reveal them to the class (most likely me).

EDIT: There was a mistake on the pdf, so I corrected it and reuploaded it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:11:23 PM by borkapod »

Offline dallasb7

• Adventurer
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »
I found that a good warm up was inviting the students to ask questions to the teacher, "How often do you----?". Then all the students had to write an answer to the question. If it matched mine, then they would get a point. Telepathy game with no prep.

Offline amykins258

• Waygookin
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »
Standard Kimchi elimination game - Have all students stand up at their desks (or make a u shape around the class). Start at one end and have students read one, two or three words. If they get kimchi they are out and should sit down. This game never fails to disappoint so thanks to the creator.

Offline wmh005

• Waygookin
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2016, 09:17:10 AM »
The Word Cloud Game was a huge hit with my 6th graders. They loved that they had to work together to make sentences. I used 5 out of the 10 cards that were provided and printed a sixth and a seventh in case of a tie.

I was also a stickler for punctuation as many of my sixth graders still forget to add question marks and periods.

Cheers!

Offline yunasy

• Adventurer
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2017, 12:09:29 PM »
Key expressions review PPT  :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »
Some materials for this lesson:
-Place your bets: very popular, students examine a slide to decide if it is correct or there is a flaw or error.  They then wager points based on how sure they are. Full instructions included.
-Stations game: also a student favorite.  Students rotate around the room, solving puzzles etc and filling in their worksheets.
-Nick walks his dog: this looks like a word search but it is actually a sentence maze. Fun.  I have a maze only handout or one with reading comprehension questions.  The PPT explains nicely, I think.
-English Cup warm-up: Unscramble words in round 1, sentences in round 2 on a soccer theme.

EDIT: I found a small but critical error in the Nick maze activity, but it is an easy fix.  The second sentence in the paragraph should read: He brushes his teeth most mornings after breakfast, but  knows he should brush more often.

It should NOT read "...but he knows..."

My apologies.
ALL REMOVED
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:11:10 AM by Mr C »

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
I just made this story as motivation to begin the chapter.  Homer Simpsonis urged by Lenny and Carl to exercise and eat better.

I go around the room letting each student take turns reading a slide aloud. REMOVED
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:09:02 PM by Mr C »

Offline kimchistud

• Waygookin
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »
This is the same tab book made by socalchillin. I copied it so that the whole book fits on three pages so that I didn't have to cut and rearrange the papers so that each student gets the right amount of pages (credit to ncrippen for that idea).

I changed the crossword puzzle cause the answers weren't clear and I made my own secret code page.

I just finished doing this with all my classes so here are some quick tips:

1. Structure the flow of the activity for the students. I had them do it in steps which I wrote out on the whiteboard:
Step 1: Fill in all the answers.
Step 2: Have the teacher check your work. (with two teachers this should be no problem)
Step 3: Color & Cut
Step 4: Have the teacher staple your book.

I've done so many of these types of books and projects over the years and I find that it I guide them like this the work gets done. We don't waste time cutting to no end and have no time to fill out the book which is the educational and review part of this activity.

2. Make an example book for your students without filling in the answers. This way they know how to cut the pages and have some ideas for how to make the book look pretty.   

I hope somebody finds this updated book helpful.

Offline cyrusbrooks

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2017, 02:20:51 PM »
I made a PPT for period 3 to practice, instead of the SPEAK AND READ in the book.

I made an OMOK game for the period 3 game/controlled practice.

Offline cyrusbrooks

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
For speak and play period 2, I used the book game with a variation to make it 2 person bingo...

Offline jmain

• Explorer
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »
Reading Lesson.  PPT with questions.  Wrote this story as the students like comics.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:42:56 PM by jmain »

Offline lelsasser

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
I made these cards to help the students with reading practice and sentence structure.

It's not a game, really... but they had a great time making some funny sentences.

Use how you wish.

I printed page 1,2 one colour, 3,4 another and 5,6 a third colour so the kids could distinguish.
Enjoy.
I was able to make this into a game that practice reading, writing, and speaking. I think it is also a good way to help familiarize them with the sentence structure for this type of sentence. It worked pretty good! I did the colour for the cards and on the board I showed them the sentence order (e.g. purple (action) + pink (frequency) + blue(a week/year)). The Ss. were put into groups of four. There were three roles in the group (writer, card flipper, and speaker), these would alternative between the Ss. each round. The flipper would flip the cards (which were face down), the writer would write them on a board and then the speaker would stand up and say the sentence. The first team to finish their sentence would get a point.

Offline lelsasser

• Veteran
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
I made a survey-style speaking game for my students. I used it for more low-level students. For higher level, you could maybe give them less of an aid (they can't read out their sentences?) or maybe have a response "That's great" or "You should brush more often"

Offline vicarious

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2018, 01:38:53 PM »
My intro powerpoint.  Goes over vocabulary and key expressions. Features a "트와이스" cameo.  Some fun cartoon characters talk about their habits for motivation.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:08:56 PM by vicarious »

Offline jwilkie

• Adventurer
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2018, 10:05:19 AM »
Complete lesson including lesson plan
Grade 6 Cheonjae 2 - How often do you exercise? 1 of 2

I've been using the fabulous resources on waygook all year.  I've also been writing lesson plans all year to give to my co-teachers.  So I'm basically just going to upload all my lessons in their entirety for anyone else to use.  I'm sorry, I haven't sourced all the games and slides that I have used.  Some of them I've made myself, of course.  A million thanks to all users who must have spent hours putting together PPT bomb games etc.

Some of my lessons have been hugely successful, others much less so.  Hey, we're working with kids - second-guessing them is a mine field, right?!  They seem particularly to enjoy games with cards or dice.  Running dictations and Sleeping Elephants always go down well. 

I taught two classes per lesson so my posts will be labelled (lesson title) 1 of 2 and (lesson title) 2 of 2.  I haven't edited anything since I used it.  Some of my lessons were over-planned ie there was too much for one class, so they have been carried over to subsequent classes.  Generally things should be pretty clear.  Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything - but I will only be on waygook until 18 September 2018 when my subscription expires.

Offline jwilkie

• Adventurer
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »
Complete lesson including lesson plan
Grade 6 Cheonjae 2 - How often do you exercise? 2 of 2

I've been using the fabulous resources on waygook all year.  I've also been writing lesson plans all year to give to my co-teachers.  So I'm basically just going to upload all my lessons in their entirety for anyone else to use.  I'm sorry, I haven't sourced all the games and slides that I have used.  Some of them I've made myself, of course.  A million thanks to all users who must have spent hours putting together PPT bomb games etc.

Some of my lessons have been hugely successful, others much less so.  Hey, we're working with kids - second-guessing them is a mine field, right?!  They seem particularly to enjoy games with cards or dice.  Running dictations and Sleeping Elephants always go down well. 

I taught two classes per lesson so my posts will be labelled (lesson title) 1 of 2 and (lesson title) 2 of 2.  I haven't edited anything since I used it.  Some of my lessons were over-planned ie there was too much for one class, so they have been carried over to subsequent classes.  Generally things should be pretty clear.  Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything - but I will only be on waygook until 18 September 2018 when my subscription expires.